What's new

Guide - Hish-Qu-Ten Plasma Caster Cancel block advantage

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
So like this game is a bit...on the lower population side right now BUT B2 is way more plus than 1. Spectral set on reversal charge (8 frame reversal) will get beat by S4 and trades with B1 so it's SUPER plus.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
they really need to properly archive this info, finding the block advatange of the cancels is a huge pain. the block advantage numbers at the end of the forum don't match the ones shown in the OP. it has b2 as only +1.

Last edited:

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
they really need to properly archive this info, finding the block advatange of the cancels is a huge pain. the block advantage numbers at the end of the forum don't match the ones shown in the OP. it has b2 as only +1.
You‘ll probably have to make a new thread for the current info I doubt the op will be edited anytime soon.

Blewdew

Okay i checked some cancels and there really is a lot of wrong data in the op

1. f21 jails into d1 but not s1 - +9/+10
2. f2 is the same as f21 - +9/+10
3. f12 jails into d3 but not d1 - +8
4. 31 jails into d1 but not s1 - +9/+10
5. s4 jails into b3 - +15 at least
6. 12 jails into s1 But not s2 - +11/+12
7. 122 jails into d3 but not d1 - +8
8. b2 jails into s1 but not s2 - +11/+12

This is as far as my execution goes Maybe some are about 1 Frame more plus as I listed them

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Okay i checked some cancels and there really is a lot of wrong data in the op

1. f21 jails into d1 but not s1 - +9/+10
2. f2 is the same as f21 - +9/+10
3. f12 jails into d3 but not d1 - +8
4. 31 jails into d1 but not s1 - +9/+10
5. s4 jails into b3 - +15 at least
6. 12 jails into s1 But not s2 - +11/+12
7. 122 jails into d3 but not d1 - +8
8. b2 jails into s1 but not s2 - +11/+12

This is as far as my execution goes Maybe some are about 1 Frame more plus as I listed them
what about 32? is that what u meant with 31?

Blewdew

jeez i didnt know the stuff was that plus still, i thought it was like +3 or something at best.

what about the b311 series?
There are neutral or slightly plus, it‘s hard to test, probably +1 at best. B22 is plus as well but not enough to test it with preds buttons so i‘d Say it‘s around +3-+5. these are the Kind of strings you have to look at in sony vegas to count frames but it‘s not worth the time, b3, b31 and b311 cancels don‘t frametrap anyway so it‘s kind of a gimmick tool.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
There are neutral or slightly plus, it‘s hard to test, probably +1 at best. B22 is plus as well but not enough to test it with preds buttons so i‘d Say it‘s around +3-+5. these are the Kind of strings you have to look at in sony vegas to count frames but it‘s not worth the time, b3, b31 and b311 cancels don‘t frametrap anyway so it‘s kind of a gimmick tool.
well they should still be enuff to frame trap a poke like d3 or d1.

Blewdew

well they should still be enuff to frame trap a poke like d3 or d1.
Depends on wether you play against jason or not lol but yeah you can throw it out here and there Most of the people won‘t react to the cancel fast enough probably and yeah he‘s crazy plus on most of his stuff

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I wish the run-cancel frames were part of in-game data. Stamina is an interesting way to regulate pressure, so if it returns I hope the data is there.

I dont even think run-cancels were part of the tutorial in MKX, were they?

CrazyFingers

I wish the run-cancel frames were part of in-game data. Stamina is an interesting way to regulate pressure, so if it returns I hope the data is there.

I dont even think run-cancels were part of the tutorial in MKX, were they?
They were a complete accident so no they werent lol

CrazyFingers

cancel pressure was an accident? i dunno bout that, a-list makes me think otherwise, Mk9 kabal was an accident tho.
They put in dash canceling not thinking about run canceling. They never mentioned it once in any stream or anything. Pretty blatant it wasnt on purpose.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
They put in dash canceling not thinking about run canceling. They never mentioned it once in any stream or anything. Pretty blatant it wasnt on purpose.
Interesting indeed, although it is not the first time in Fighting Games that a mechanic wasn't done on purpose and was found by the community later on, so it's not that surprising, still nice to know though.

Blewdew

At first it May have been an accident but Interesting enough quite a few characters were an still are only good due to their run cancel ability. For example Swarm queen dvorah would‘ve been ass without it. And they even made ruthless ferratorr a rc character on purpose in a later patch by making his pain and gain Special run cancable.