What's new

Pissed off (dbf1) is an awesome move, it needs to be in a tournament variation (imo).

To start the thread I will straight up say that Im not satisfied with Johnny's current tournament loadouts, the first one seems the go to for tournies for now, as the second one (shades and flash) seems to be unexplored. And even the first one is not that amazing, mime is good to catch mashers or as a hard read and to make some string mixups, cage rage is hard to use once they learn to duck it, and knuckles aint that good. Fortunately enought, Johnny's base kit is very solid and most Johnny players go by without needing moves from the variations.

That being said, I have been messing with his other moves that are not legal, and this one specially (pissed off) seems to be the winner imo as a worthy move for tournament, let me explain some usages for it:
1.- It can get you high meterless damage for those moments you dont have bar to meterburn nutshot, in almost all cases it ends up giving you 50+ damage of every starter vs using shadow kick as finisher or the backflip. Thats good damage that adds up, nothing to ignore.
2.-It is easier to end meterburn nutshot combos with it, so the standart bnb for nutshot goes something like (starter-mb nutshot-deep dash-121 finisher) for some solid damage. Well, try this (starter-mb nutshot-any dash-f21 pissed off), it gives you THE SAME damage as the previous one, and it is way more reliable to land specially online, even offline in the heat of the battle I would land this 100% of the time vs a 90% with the standart.
3.- It gives you a closer position as opposed to flipkick, pissed off lands the oponent closer to keep pressuring easier.
4.- More damage in corner combos, we all love our Johnny Cage's corner combos, you can do the exact one you have been doing, but pissed off gets you +25 damage on all combos, it doesnt get you restand as nutshot finisher tho, but great to end a round if you know it will kill.
5.- It looks AWESOME, seriously, the animation of punching your oponent non stop is satisfying.

Try the move for yourselfs and tell me what you think, if a lot of us like it, we can start a petition to have it in a tournament variation if custom loadouts dont become a thing for tournies. I personally would replace brass knuckles on first variation (mime, cage rage and pissed off), it is a nice loadout.
Im having tons of fun with it on casual.

Last edited:
this move is awesome but why does it have a command grab input when it's not? it should be just DF1 not DBF1.

Also, is very annoying that you can't do the Brutality mid combo because the fisticuffs buff goes away after the Finish Him screen, I hope they patch that

Rizz091

Noob
I love this move. For the non competitive variation I made for him, I use this an his rising star move which is way better than flippy kick and get rid of the semi worthless caged rage, and completely worthless brass knucks.

I love this move. For the non competitive variation I made for him, I use this an his rising star move which is way better than flippy kick and get rid of the semi worthless caged rage, and completely worthless brass knucks.
Yeah, actually, a Mime/pissed off/rising star loadout sounds amazing for tournament, variation moves that actually add value to Johnny's base.
This could be Johnny's best loadout now that I think of it, good damage, parries and an amazing antiair.