What's new

Question Picking up Doomsday....

Shellhead85

Svlpvher Fixvm Est Sol
So, can someone please show me in order of what I want to learn and practice with Doomsday?
Lots of stuff here but very overwhelming. Not new to fighters, but am to Injustice.

Just something concise will suffice, thank you.

E

Eldriken

Sweep vury important against parry characters.
Sweep is very important against anyone in the cast.

It allows you to completely blow up Batgirl's wake ups (even smoke bomb) and the same for Deathstroke's sword flip wake up. Oh, let's not forget how it makes Nightwing's staff spin wake up completely free as well.

I can go on and on, but I won't. :p

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Watch out for Killer Frost, she allegedly beats Doomsday 7-3 because he has no options, gets nothing off sweep and his throws can be teched. Also parry can be done on reaction to shoulders but parry cannot be baited

Shellhead85

Svlpvher Fixvm Est Sol
When will you ever give up? It's the same shit from you day in and day out.
I never understand why people waste the time to post something negative or antagonizing. I do still find myself overwhelmed when it comes to learning a new character, that guide is great but what is a good way to learn a fighter in any TF? Maybe that is the better question. In what order should I be learning things?

Start with normals?
Then combos?
Then........

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
I never understand why people waste the time to post something negative or antagonizing. I do still find myself overwhelmed when it comes to learning a new character, that guide is great but what is a good way to learn a fighter in any TF? Maybe that is the better question. In what order should I be learning things?

Start with normals?
Then combos?
Then........
You start with normals and end with specials. Doomie doesnt have combos :DOGE

E

Eldriken

Start with normals?
Then combos?
Then........
I'm much better at showing what to do while explaining than typing it up. Do you have the game on PS3/360? If on 360, do you have a mic? If so, add me (GT is Eldriken) and we can go into online practice and I'll explain to you what I can.

Error404

Noob
A key to playing doomsday is having great defense in general. No invincible wake ups means that you have to block most mix-ups on knockdown. Other than that learn to use the few options you have and how they work (air throw, venom , ES , etc.)

E

Eldriken

A key to playing doomsday is having great defense in general. No invincible wake ups means that you have to block most mix-ups on knockdown. Other than that learn to use the few options you have and how they work (air throw, venom , ES , etc.)
Air Venom is invincible on wake up, but it's still a shitty wake up.

That's why I have exactly what you mentioned; great defense. It's one of the things I pride myself the most on. :D

Shellhead85

Svlpvher Fixvm Est Sol
I'm much better at showing what to do while explaining than typing it up. Do you have the game on PS3/360? If on 360, do you have a mic? If so, add me (GT is Eldriken) and we can go into online practice and I'll explain to you what I can.
I am on 360. I have a Kunai Titanfall headset, I tried to use the mic once before and it didnt work, but I believe I put it in wrong. Do hit me up. I only know Green Lantern and I just do not like him anymore. I prefer the grappler-esque type characters. I will be on, and I sent the request. Thank you!

Shellhead85

Svlpvher Fixvm Est Sol
Mr El thank you for helping,I will be taking this headste back because I cannot get it to work right. Figures! i will hit you up later once I can acrtually talk. Thank you very much though.

E

Eldriken

Mr El thank you for helping,I will be taking this headste back because I cannot get it to work right. Figures! i will hit you up later once I can acrtually talk. Thank you very much though.
No problem. It's like I said, it's almost impossible to explain much if you have questions and you have to type 'em all up. Before taking them back, look up online to see if you can get 'em to work.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
IMO of you're a tournament player it's not worth picking him up this late into the game. But if you like the character, you like the character. Bane is a better choice.

Work on spacing people out with d1 and air throw. Those are the biggest fundamental tools for doomsday. If you can do that, you can win any match up.

Shellhead85

Svlpvher Fixvm Est Sol
IMO of you're a tournament player it's not worth picking him up this late into the game. But if you like the character, you like the character. Bane is a better choice.

Work on spacing people out with d1 and air throw. Those are the biggest fundamental tools for doomsday. If you can do that, you can win any match up.

Why do you say this?

SonicBoomBrad

Why do you say this?
Doomsday is a character that has been thoroughly figured out by most tournament players. It's the same reason I wouldn't say you should learn Black Adam this late into the game. If you started with them, yes they're strong. But if you are going to learn them now, there are a lot of other characters that do their job better. But if you don't care about winning, go ahead and pick him up.

E

Eldriken

Doomsday is a character that has been thoroughly figured out by most tournament players. It's the same reason I wouldn't say you should learn Black Adam this late into the game. If you started with them, yes they're strong. But if you are going to learn them now, there are a lot of other characters that do their job better. But if you don't care about winning, go ahead and pick him up.
He's been figured out, yet he's still placing Top 8 consistently.

Doomsday's probably the easiest character in the game to pick up and learn. The only thing that someone just picking him up has to really learn are MUs.

I didn't start with Doomsday and I do just fine with him.

SonicBoomBrad

Doomsday's probably the easiest character in the game to pick up and learn.
This is a huge misconception. You have to have really good reactions/spacing to win his bad match ups against top players. The biggest reason why I lost to Honeybee at UFGT was that I didn't punish his dashes as much as I should have, so I got run over. You have to know almost every string in the game to play Doomsday effectively, and what the frame data is on those strings so you know when your opponent can be interrupted. He takes a lot of time to learn at the highest level. I don't even know all the match ups in this game. I don't have a good Zatanna/Bane/Sinestro/Zod in my offline scene. Like I said though, totally doable, I just don't think it's worth it.

He's been figured out, yet he's still placing Top 8 consistently.
Eventually everyone will know the match up as well as SoCal and Florida. When that day comes, I'm scared for Doomsday players. I'd bet a lot of money on Theo/Gross against a Doomsday in tournament. It's just an opinion though. No need to get crazy.

E

Eldriken

This is a huge misconception. You have to have really good reactions/spacing to win his bad match ups against top players. The biggest reason why I lost to Honeybee at UFGT was that I didn't punish his dashes as much as I should have, so I got run over. You have to know almost every string in the game to play Doomsday effectively, and what the frame data is on those strings so you know when your opponent can be interrupted. He takes a lot of time to learn at the highest level. I don't even know all the match ups in this game. I don't have a good Zatanna/Bane/Sinestro/Zod in my offline scene. Like I said though, totally doable, I just don't think it's worth it.

Eventually everyone will know the match up as well as SoCal and Florida. When that day comes, I'm scared for Doomsday players. I'd bet a lot of money on Theo/Gross against a Doomsday in tournament. It's just an opinion though. No need to get crazy.
That's why I said the main thing a new Doomsday player needs to do is learn MUs. He's not a pick up and play to win type of character, especially against people who are familiar with the MU.

You may be right in regards to your opinion. Time will certainly tell.