What's new

Question - Shotgun Picked up Jacqui (SG) Advice on a few things?

Hey guys,

So, I've spent most of my time since launch using Cassie and Sonya, have since dropped Sonya because she felt a little boring to play to me.

Either way, I've picked up Jacqui and her SG variation is a blast. I've scanned through the threads here for combos and strats, but I'm having trouble with a few things.

I was spoiled with Cassies down 3 and her fast mid punishes, I waited for opponents to throw strings out and I was able to blow most of them up.

I am having a hard time punishing any string with Jacqui, I know her 1 1 etc.. is fast, but I find myself getting ducked or poked out after things I know to be unsafe. Granted, I play online and my timing with her isn't what it is with cassie..

My main questions are..

1) Best way to deal with being pressured by block strings or cross jumping?

2) Best way to punish in general? Online, it seems like punishing any string with pushback with 1,1... Is tough due to range.

Should I be looking to back dash and create space for her footsie game? D1 seems short and weak, too.

She's a blast I want to improve with her, any general tips for these situations or tips in general would be awesome.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Edit: Didnt mention I know of F12, just doesn't seem to work super great as a punish in the scenarios I mentioned.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Hey guys,

So, I've spent most of my time since launch using Cassie and Sonya, have since dropped Sonya because she felt a little boring to play to me.

Either way, I've picked up Jacqui and her SG variation is a blast. I've scanned through the threads here for combos and strats, but I'm having trouble with a few things.

I was spoiled with Cassies down 3 and her fast mid punishes, I waited for opponents to throw strings out and I was able to blow most of them up.

I am having a hard time punishing any string with Jacqui, I know her 1 1 etc.. is fast, but I find myself getting ducked or poked out after things I know to be unsafe. Granted, I play online and my timing with her isn't what it is with cassie..

My main questions are..

1) Best way to deal with being pressured by block strings or cross jumping?

2) Best way to punish in general? Online, it seems like punishing any string with pushback with 1,1... Is tough due to range.

Should I be looking to back dash and create space for her footsie game? D1 seems short and weak, too.

She's a blast I want to improve with her, any general tips for these situations or tips in general would be awesome.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Edit: Didnt mention I know of F12, just doesn't seem to work super great as a punish in the scenarios I mentioned.
1) I play FA but I tend to dash out of crossups because her AA tools are ass.

2) I think f12 is your best string as it actually has reach. b2 works every once. If they backdash after pressure f3 mixup works.

1) I play FA but I tend to dash out of crossups because her AA tools are ass.

2) I think f12 is your best string as it actually has reach. b2 works every once. If they backdash after pressure f3 mixup works.
Yeah I'm starting to think I need to try to work on dashing or running out to create space.

I get stuck in these block string loops because I can't seem to be fast enough to blow them up.

I gotta just fight back with F12 to at least get back to nuetral it seems like.