What's new

PG Scar Wins MKXL at Absolute Battle 7

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
The results are in! After a hard fought series of battles PG Scar successfully repeats as champion at Absolute Battle!

1. PG Scar (Smoke Demo Sonya)
2. VGP Ominous (Jax, Shaolin KJ)
3. VGP KoreyTheDragon (Smoke, Grandmaster Sub, Quan Chi)
4. GnarlyGatoAlex (War God KK)
5. Mutiny Starcharger (Kitana)
5. SnK Royale (Cutthroat/Cybernetic Kano, Boneshaper Shinnok)
7. StDx 2eZ (Ermac)
7. Coosco (CO Sonya)

Coosco suffered a heartbreaking loss after a wire to wire set with Starchager. Coosco did the unthinkable and didn't jump once in five games. But he choked while veteran Starcharger maintained composure...until his EX Popoff.

StDx 2eZ was the only non Texan in top 8. He repped Florida well but got MIXED outta his mind by Royale's Cutthtoat.

The entire crowd was behind home town boy VGP Ominous in Winners Finals as he nearly defeated Scar with an unorthodox counterpick to Demo Sonya. But not only did Scar defeat Ominous in Winners Finals, but he did so in Grand Finals as well. Congratulations to Scar for the W!

For more intense moments stay tuned for the youtube archives.

Bracket here: http://ab7.challonge.com/qbrksf3l

PGScar_AbsoluteBattle7.jpg

Attachments

n1kosh

Train harder
Watch Coosco vs Mutiny Starcharger (Kitana) - Great match!!! Watch to the end! 37:00 -

Note from mods: Will put footage from pandaxgaming in once the videos are uploaded to support original content provider!

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Now watching this match. Man, the first match with Jax was awesome. He almost had him bruted with the Ragdoll.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Yea, the reason I didn't want to post a recap thread just yet is that there is no official footage on PandaxGaming's YouTube, and the stream archives are subscriber only. Sucks for people that haven't had a chance to watch though.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Imagine if Omnious was strictly Jin and Jax. Mop.

Jin and Jax on the rocks please. Extra mixups.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Ominous played out of his mind. It's a shame you can make a solid read to armour through the nade but still get hit. I think that's pretty dumb.
he tried both the over head and straight(for the travel) and still got caught. it was tragic.

n1kosh

Train harder
I don't think the Scar needs a greeting. With all due respect, but the opponents were not his level.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I saw the whole thing. Gratz to Scar.

Ominous played like a madman against Scar. It was as if he was playing out of his own mind. The out of mind is something only a real warrior does to fight. Kudos to him to go this far to the finals.

I lol'ed with the 2 moments:

At the beginning with Alex and the other dude trying to give hands. The other tried to give hands to Alex, but he ignored him and fixed his controller. In his turn, Alex gave his hand, but the other dude ignored him. lol

And in the second match, that Star Charger dude was celebrating like a madman. He shouted as if his own football team hit a goal. Even the commentators were in shock, and especially ATP. lol

Overall, those were quite good matches, and especially Korey's.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Overall a fun tournament to watch. Few have popped from the pressure -like the Mistic Ermac player. Star charger played Kitana - that was nice to see again. Korey overall play was decent but he needs to work on those yolo Smoke teleports, with high Caliber player like Scar are not affordable. He's still hunted by Demo - she is....good.
Scar is Scar, chilled out Dude that knows exactly when to risk it and not. The last round of the finals is a proof of that.