What's new

Petition to legalize select gear pieces (NW staff for Robin)

Should NW staff be tourney legal

• Yes yes yes!!

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I don't know how, I don't know if, I don't know when, but I must have this in my arsenal!!!

https://twitter.com/l0rd_ofthe_fly/status/864974662656249856

Am I the only one who feels this way or is this just the swaggiest thing ever.
I agree with this, not only because I like Robin but because I mean there are special moves in the game that are just going to go untouched and unexplored. There's character evolution BUILT INTO THE GAME that we're just going to ignore? Shiiiiit.

TL; DR: We're unnecessarily shortening the games lifespan.

Monox1de

Noob
i was holding onto hope that the different special moves aquired by gear might possibly be tournament legal somehow someway...You know, as long as you still could turn off the extra stats gained. It would just be a different way to add variations from MKX into INJ2.

Lokheit

Noob
i was holding onto hope that the different special moves aquired by gear might possibly be tournament legal somehow someway...You know, as long as you still could turn off the extra stats gained. It would just be a different way to add variations from MKX into INJ2.
This. There should be full competitive mode and then "no stats but add extra abilities" mode. Yeah yeah I know players don't want to lab extra options for tournaments and yadda yadda yadda, but the moves are very interesting and don't seem to be game breaking (many of them even replace existing ones), I have yet to see a move as powerful as the stuff variations added in MKX.

Last edited:

JDM

Noob
not gonna happen lol

don't you need certain gear for it? So you gotta unlock it? I could be wrong I'm not sure.

But regardless, if this happens then literally every community is gonna think something should be legal. As a green lantern player I know I would like to have his old specials back but I'm sure it would just fuck the balance up and make running tournaments that much more difficult.

JDM

Noob
Having gear moves have to be unlockable and tied to the gear system is the single worst idea in an NRS game.
no it's smart

they can balance around what they choose to be legal and then let people also mess with the gear moves for fun. It should never spill over to competitive and they pretty much made sure that's the case.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
It seemed to me that the "gear" specials were actually their own thing: they've got their own slots and don't affect stats. Am I wrong? If that's the case, gear moved could be implemented in the exact same way as variation in MKX.

That said, poor TOs would have to unlock every special on every console...

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
no it's smart

they can balance around what they choose to be legal and then let people also mess with the gear moves for fun. It should never spill over to competitive and they pretty much made sure that's the case.
That content might as well not even be in the game then. Casuals aren't gonna use it because they won't have it and more serious people who play a lot aren't gonna use it because they want to play real matches. Sounds like the opposite of smart.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
That content might as well not even be in the game then. Casuals aren't gonna use it because they won't have it and more serious people who play a lot aren't gonna use it because they want to play real matches. Sounds like the opposite of smart.
My friend is a casual player and he will grind the shit out of and unlock all the gear before I will. Not everyone cares about tournaments and online play. Tons of people want just single player offline stuff.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I don't know why it bothers people, some of these moves are clearly broken and should stay in casual play.

And there's such thing as giving a character too many tools.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I truly believe gear moves should be perma-banned across the board...

But then I saw Boss Brainiac not just calling down Lex's laser, but also using his probes. Burn it all down, we need a mode that lets that happen.