What's new

People who desynchronize instead of losing [NRS Ranked Online]

KutlessMyth

mental and fundamental
I think this goes in off topic, don't crucify me.
This happens to me a lot, but basically salty ranked lords in injustice 2 and MKX would always desynchronize their game session so that it wouldn't count as a loss, and in injustice 2 if they had 2 wins and you just secured your second win they can desynchronize before the next round starts and it counts as a loss for you (literally just happened to me, ended my winstreak :( ). I hope honestly that all game session desynchronizations should be tied in MK11. But that's just my thoughts, anyone else have opinions on what should be done about this?

(For anyone who would deny that this is a thing, look up "CRyptic Goku" on youtube)

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I think this goes in off topic, don't crucify me.
This happens to me a lot, but basically salty ranked lords in injustice 2 and MKX would always desynchronize their game session so that it wouldn't count as a loss, and in injustice 2 if they had 2 wins and you just secured your second win they can desynchronize before the next round starts and it counts as a loss for you (literally just happened to me, ended my winstreak :( ). I hope honestly that all game session desynchronizations should be tied in MK11. But that's just my thoughts, anyone else have opinions on what should be done about this?

(For anyone who would deny that this is a thing, look up "CRyptic Goku" on youtube)
yeah , this a bullshit nuisance on MK games .... remember a dude in MKX, that only used Jacqui full auto , spamming that crap to the infinite, and so, just provoking desyncs purposely, in order to "protect" his so adorable number 1 spot ranking on Steam ..... anytime, everytime, you played that guy, if he was near to lose, bum ! you had a desync guaranteed .... unfortunatelly, you can expect something like this garbage, occurring in MK11 :mad:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I hope they give the person who quits an automatic loss, and that it won't affect the person that stayed in the match. Some people care too much about their W/L ratio which is why I really hope they'll consider not having it in ranked and tournament play.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I hope they give the person who quits an automatic loss, and that it won't affect the person that stayed in the match. Some people care too much about their W/L ratio which is why I really hope they'll consider not having it in ranked and tournament play.
I think the issue is we don't have the technology to tell which player desynched nor is it possible to differentiate between pulling the cable and say a power outage or an internet problem. I think it's just too difficult to make sure innocent people don't get punished, and as a result, we just have to let idiots get away with things sometimes.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
In Overwatch, if you get a desync in competitive play, you suffer a loss to your rank as though you manually quit. I feel like they should implement something similar here. It may sound harsh, but if you're internet isn't stable, it might not be the best idea to hop online to begin with, at least when it comes to ranked play. Casual can still be whatever, I suppose.

KutlessMyth

mental and fundamental
Well that's the thing, if they desynch it cannot be traced to any one player. (They do something weird with their wifi, idk) but the game just assumes that it's the server's fault and doesn't penalize any one person.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
It happens in all fighting games, not just NRS fighters. Also not just in Ranked, also in Casual matches. Some people just don't like to lose, no matter what.

Thingy

Retired account
Desyncs are not always a rage quit. I have had multiple desyncs in MKX when I played with an IRL friend who moved to another state while in a party with him.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Well that's the thing, if they desynch it cannot be traced to any one player. (They do something weird with their wifi, idk) but the game just assumes that it's the server's fault and doesn't penalize any one person.
Oh damn, I see. Well, that makes it a bit more complicated then. I honestly find it a bit hard to believe they can't pinpoint on which end the connection severed but this is a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation.

Maybe they could add a 'draw' stat?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It still baffles me that game systems can't tell who the person that desync'd was. It should have always been a thing that if someone desyncs, they get a loss while the person who stayed gets a victory.
I've never gotten an answer to this question. Seriously, if it is so impossible to tell who pulled, why not tally desync as a category or a percentage, like Tekken does? Tekken gives you warnings and will display your name in red if you pull too often, with a percentage of how many times your games dropped (for example: Name, connection bars, disconnect percent pre-acceptance of match). This will discourage people from playing you because they know "your matches desync" often. I may have 1-2% due to other people desync, but someone with 14% will be blatantly obvious and someone I would never play.

I really hope NRS adopts this because there really is no reason not to in this day and age.

KutlessMyth

mental and fundamental
I've never gotten an answer to this question. Seriously, if it is so impossible to tell who pulled, why not tally desync as a category or a percentage, like Tekken does? Tekken gives you warnings and will display your name in red if you pull too often, with a percentage of how many times your games dropped (for example: Name, connection bars, disconnect percent pre-acceptance of match). This will discourage people from playing you because they know "your matches desync" often. I may have 1-2% due to other people desync, but someone with 14% will be blatantly obvious and someone I would never play.

I really hope NRS adopts this because there really is no reason not to in this day and age.
Wow I think %Desync is definitely onto something! Maybe penalize people with a desync percentage of over 15-20 with a complete stat reset! (maybe im just mad and being extreme but it sounds like a powerful deterrent)