What's new

People think She is Easy?

Is Cassie Honest or Busted?

• Total voters

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Truth be told she us definitely top tier. Great tools: Staggers, number of hit mix, shimmy, plus frames, excellent zoning in Digital Soldier & Counter Zoning in Yaas Queen. But I think she excells in mid range the most because she has great range.
I feel she has tools for almost anything but she does have weaknesses and issues.
Her pokes aren't that great being 8-10f startup and pretty honest on block compared to other top tiers.
Her Fatal Blow is far from the best having a very slow startup and visual animation telegraphing its approach but there are a few strings you can combo into it with for good damage.
Her Wakeup U2 wiffs vs many characters in many situations and doesn't give her much damage when it does launch.
Her Flawless Block U+2 pushes them away and she rolls back making it impossible to combo from it midscreen but it does get them off but I'd much rather use U+3 which has armor. I feel there are better options than waisting 1def/1off bar to not convert.
It can be hard to open up players with her just using number of hit mix and staggers when the opponent is very skilled at least compared to: Geras, Erron, Sonya, Sub with 50/50's.

Overall I feel she is good, I mainly use Yaas Queen since I like the +10 Restands and corner combos but I've been trying to branch out to her main variation. I wanted to see what TYM thinks about Cassie, have you all used Cassie and would you consider her "Strong but Honest" or "Busted and Free"?
Explain why you feel the way you do.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I don't think she's either of those so I picked explain. She's very strong, Top 3. But she isn't "derp" either. She could use the slightest of tone down, but that's it. Her and Kabal are the ideal top tiers for the game imo. Her tools aren't honest, but she isn't braindead either.

Compare that to Geras, Erron, or Liu where they are "I'm optimal after 10 minutes" type of characters, and you can see the difference. Cassie doesn't fit that mold, but she has everything you need to be top tier.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I don't think she's either of those so I picked explain. She's very strong, Top 3. But she isn't "derp" either. She could use the slightest of tone down, but that's it. Her and Kabal are the ideal top tiers for the game imo. Her tools aren't honest, but she isn't braindead either.

Compare that to Geras, Erron, or Liu where they are "I'm optimal after 10 minutes" type of characters, and you can see the difference. Cassie doesn't fit that mold, but she has everything you need to be top tier.
Pretty much this. Cassie and Kabal are my picks for the most balanced top-tier characters. Strong as hell but can be played around.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I told someone before that she's about as close as you can get to a well designed top tier. She is incredibly complete and well rounded in mids, safety, staggers, neutral etc, but she doesn't feel like it feels to fight Erron or Geras. Playing against them really feels unfun and unfair even if you're playing someone that doesn't get bodied by them free.

I don't like the term honest though when she has a 9 frame 0 on block mid but I digress lol.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Can we stop acting like it takes braincells to play Cassie. "Uhh bro she got no mix bro", "She has no KB's brochocho". Who the fuck cares. She has a 0 on block 9f mid that sets up the dumbest shit in the game. You know why some people can react to staggers succesfully? Cause they're negative - this biatch breaks the rules. SHE HAS A RESTAND basically making every combo ender a strike/throw mixup. Hmmm that sounds a lot like Geras except that's on KNOCKDOWN where you have OPTIONS. Cassie by design TAKES your options from you. So while Sonya, Geras and Erron are dumb because of their many damn options, Cassie is stupid as hell because you're left with a very limited toolset all the while she beats you from everywhere on the screen. She also goes even or straight up beats the other top tiers.

She's what every character in the game should be other than being too safe. 2 viable variations, good neutral and clear drawbacks. Bad d2, not strong in corner in 1 variation and a flaky FB, and her KBs aren't that good either. She doesn't really need any of that to win, where other kharacters should have them. I started playing her a week ago and was getting mopped up until I realized she's not Jade and can actually press the attack almost at will. I'd tone some of her safe strings down let her marinate.

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
I told someone before that she's about as close as you can get to a well designed top tier. She is incredibly complete and well rounded in mids, safety, staggers, neutral etc, but she doesn't feel like it feels to fight Erron or Geras. Playing against them really feels unfun and unfair even if you're playing someone that doesn't get bodied by them free.

I don't like the term honest though when she has a 9 frame 0 on block mid but I digress lol.
Agree mostly. I will add that even both presets are somewhere in the top 10, it’s going to be difficult to balance Digital Soldier without overly nerfing Yas Queen (which in my opinion is substantially the more interesting of the two).

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
To be clear, she needs to be nerfed. With precision of course, but let’s not let this “fair top tier” shit get to our heads. She is WAY better than she needs to be.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
Wait, is yaas queen actually good? I was under the impression that the drone zap move is a worse combo extender than low gunshot, and she has many advancing moves, making the shoulder charge redundant. Can anyone explain why Yaas queen is actually worth using lol

Yaas Queen is good, but when SonicFox use her. :D She was determined as complete garbage, before SonicFox start using her and show how you need to play her. Now she is prised at top top variation. :D Show you how much people love to complain, instead of actually play and learn the game. :D

I Use Sub Zero and Jonny Cage mainly, and sitll cant understand the problem people have with Cassie Cage. She is nothing special. She is a mixed character, that have mixed quality, but unlike other character, doesnt have seperate quality that are really strong and you cant say she is the best in there.
People tend to overate her a lot.
She is good of course, but to use her at top level, she aint easy. You need to be very, very good.
Her FB is one of the worst in the game, and even in combo you have very brief window to use it, and you have to use it in the begining of combo, so it`s lack behind a lot of other character FBs and her KB just sucks that much. And this is the most important mechanics in the game and game changer.
Her zoning is nothing special. There is better mixed characters that have better zoning than her.
And her low shot is actually mid, so you dont need to crouch to block.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Wait, is yaas queen actually good? I was under the impression that the drone zap move is a worse combo extender than low gunshot, and she has many advancing moves, making the shoulder charge redundant. Can anyone explain why Yaas queen is actually worth using lol
Unbreakable damage with AMP Energy Burst combos, plus Shoulder Charge is a solid combo ender when AMPed

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I would definitely not say she's "easy"by any means. However, that being said I also would not put her in the same group as Geras, Scorp and Erron Black. I feel like Cassie actually has bad matchups in this game and is more honest unlike the other 3. At least ATM, hopefully once NRS actually patches this game with more balance that will change but til then...

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Holy cow are people delusional here. This game is designed to be easy to pick up, nothing in this game gives me a slightest of impression that any of the characters ISNT braindead. Cassie IS braindead.
Say what you want about MKX, it was dumb as fuck, BUT some of top tier characters actually were though to master.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
I felt like Cassie was quite honest for the longest time, but since playing against her more and more I realized this really is not the case. She has sooo many tools and ways to open you up, only because she doesn’t have an OH/low mixup doesn’t mean she is not incredibly easy to pick up and abuse.

When she is far away, she can effectively zone a broad range of the cast and it can be reaaally annoying to get in between low, ground and air gunshots, most of which can be safe in many matchups across the board.

Once you get close she has some of the best mids in the game, good anti airs, amazing jump normals, great mixups, she just has everything.

She definitely is harder to beat than Sonya, Erron and Geras exactly because her design is not as flowcharty. She has great options everywhere and change up her gameplan on the go, all the time, mostly without clear drawbacks.

The weaknesses listed here aren’t real weaknesses let’s be honest. The only real thing that is not good about her is her FB and even that can be situationally good.
Let’s not act like she is totally balanced, she doesn’t have straight up stupid shit like other characters but that really doesn’t make her less OP or less braindead, she’s just insanely good in a different way.

Also: she has no real losing MU imo, if you play both variations you’re pretty much good to go against the ENTIRE cast

Cassie is fair, any good player won't have much trouble in beating her unless you are playing vs SonicFox.
Geras, Erron & Scorp are another story though because they can give any good player more trouble than Cassie does.
I play Sub & Cassie, 90% of my matches are as Subzero and whenever I run into a Cassie player I can defend & punish her stuff without any trouble.
But I can't defend and punish stuff that easy vs Scorp, Erron and Geras. It's way more difficult to react and defend vs the stuff those 3 characters are throwing at you, just my opinion.

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
She has tools for almost everything, but she has to actuallys USE them, not simply randomly throw her better tools like other top tiers.
Anyway, I agree that she needs some (precise) tone-down in the framedata department.

Error404

Noob
She would be honest , by MKX standarts. Compared to MK11 characters she is not honest at all. She avoids zoning entirely , avoids the poke game entirely with f4 and never has to take any amount of risk whatsoever. Almost all of her strings are safe mids with virtualy no gaps . Her combo routes are also great and end in the best mid-screen restand in the game.

She is not Geras , but saying Cassie requires skill is straight laughable.