What's new

Pennywise pitch for Mortal Kombat 11 *IT SPOILERS*

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
im a fan of guest characters, but pennywise is not it. i'd much rather have Spawn or Jacky Estacado from the darkness for a guest character.

Man he lost a fight to 6 children. His powers come from fear and not a single member of the MK universe would think he was scary, like at all.
Leatherface is a regular guy, a mad man who fights with a chainsaw. How is he able to fight any MK characters without any training and with one of the least efficient weapon we can think of ?

If Leatherface can make it into MKXL, Pennywise can easily fit into MK11.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Man he lost a fight to 6 children. His powers come from fear and not a single member of the MK universe would think he was scary, like at all.
His powers don't come from fear, actually. He prefers his victims scared because they taste better that way. But, this is the series where a simple cop can go toe to toe with a God.

You can't use stuff like this as a point against him being in when you got Johnny Cage walking backward and hitting a boom mic between rounds lmao.

Y'all need to learn to just have fun with it. The whole point of MK is to suspend disbelief. Look! there's a man with four arms breathing fire! Look there's a monster with blades coming out of his arms! Look, there's an actor nut punching cyborgs with the glowing green energy of his Mediterranean war cult ancestors! (See how silly all that shit sounds?)

Kratilim

Noob
I for one think Pennywise would fit perfectly into MK11 and hope he's a guest character. I also totally don't mind guests at all. Also still hoping Terminator will make it into MK11.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
I think the other horror legends do have personality, but just different. I honestly find Pennywise and Freddy somewhat similar in regards to them needing kids to FEAR them. Only difference is one is in your dreams, the other in reality.

Jason when his mommy isn't killing for him and the key to resurrecting him, he's just pissy about being left to drown by horny camp counselors and has been shown to be weak with water.

Freddy gets weaker when kids can't dream nor fear him, same with Pennywise if the kids stand up to him and dont give into their fears, gets beat.

Chucky has an interesting backstory but isn't taken seriously due to his size uses his killing, sneaky skills and voodoo magic to split himself easily to dispatch than others but otherwise not many weaknesses.

Leatherface is literally a mentally slow hick who runs around with chainsaw that is more disturbed than scary. Probably the easiest to kill.

Michael Myers's personality is pure rage, evil that drives him. Depending on the continuity, it's either eliminating his family, pure rage or having a fucked up childhood that pushes him over the edge(depending on the timeline and universe) Either way he's pure evil and doesn't get beat by kids like some other horror guys. His kills also fit MK as well as anyone else in horror easily. Literally is considered the epitome of evil by both Carpenter, the fans and Loomus(his doctor throughout the franchise) Has no weaknesses nor connection to anyone, and the few times we have seen him it's been really brief. Otherwise his original concept by Carpenter is he just kills and has this odd connection to Haddonfield and like the others never dies for good, though unlike some of the others who've had help coming back. He doesn't and always comes back on his own.

Pennywise is alright, I don't hate him per-se but I just wouldn't put him in as a first horror choice. To be honest and this coming from a huge horror fan myself, he's only valid due to the movie being a hit in 2017 otherwise he wouldn't even be in this discussion to be honest. A clown in MK...eh IDK how he'd be received honestly. Freddy, Jason, Myers, Leatherface etc look gritty and dark. Pennywise is would just stand out like a virgin in a whore house with those bright colors. But I would recommend seeing the movie and part II hits this summer so excited for that! That all being said, anyone in horror who hasn't been used yet such as Myers, Pennywise, Chucky and Pinhead who stand out to me atm can be used as we've seen NRS get very creative. I said once before that I'd love to see Chucky have two variations, Charles Lee Ray as a human serial killer and then the doll form in the good guy. Yes, he'd have different hitboxes but now days we have patches, balancing etc so it wouldn't be like Yoda back in SC with his bs. Plus, they can always make Chucky take more damage to balance it out or something. I mean think about it, MVC they have that silly lego head thing and MegaMan who are both small. Legohead thing is no doubt smaller than Chucky...lol

woow well said m8 , but u forgot the most stronger , weird , insane , evil of em all

is THE CREEPER there's no way The Creeper can lose to any one ..

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
woow well said m8 , but u forgot the most stronger , weird , insane , evil of em all

is THE CREEPER there's no way The Creeper can lose to any one ..
lol thanks I think they're all strong(well they never die lol) Creeper too, I mean hell some in MK never die or can't truly die lol. So he'd fit right into MK haha

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
i like 5 of the 6 characters in kp1, looks like i will like 1 of the 6 characters in kp2. if they don't put Pinhead in the pack.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
He would have cool outros...

Creepy dancing or his win pose after brutalities is his creepy dance :S. (Honestly I'd stop playing the game)
Lift you up to the camera and open his mouth and you start seeing the deadlights.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Lmao. Ugh, as funny as this is I don't think Pennywise is gonna be in MK11 anymore. Which is unfortunate! Maybe MK12! I hope that's a skin for The Joker though.
If joker wasn’t in the game, Pennywise would’ve been in for sure. We were all under the impression that DC wouldn’t allow their characters to be mutilated, hence why we didn’t expect Joker.
I guess the pulled some strings and Joker is obviously the better clown. Hurts but it’s definitely understandable why Joker is in over Pennywise

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
If joker wasn’t in the game, Pennywise would’ve been in for sure. We were all under the impression that DC wouldn’t allow their characters to be mutilated, hence why we didn’t expect Joker.
I guess the pulled some strings and Joker is obviously the better clown. Hurts but it’s definitely understandable why Joker is in over Pennywise
Yeah, I'm not mad that Joker is in. If I had to put them against each other in terms of popularity or who might sell more, I would say The Joker wins. Especially right after the movie. Either way, I'm still excited for Joker.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Joker is more marketable and known as character, so, just business decision for WB, and a very easy one to take .... ;)

anyway, I'm for Pennywise be elegible to be in MK12, along with Pinhead ! that could be awesome ! :)

I think reading this post made me as close to excited as I'm ever going to be about the idea of Pennywise being a character, but I just think clowns are dumb in general. I don't find them scary, I don't think they're a cool aesthetic in virtually any game, and I'm going to be really irked if we somehow end up with two clowns in this game. I'm annoyed enough that WB felt the need to shoehorn Joker in.