What's new

PC Version - General Discussion Thread

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Just bought my copy (ultimate edition) on Green Man Gaming... paid about 60$ with 25% discount. Waiting for my key :p

If this is a double post mods pls delete. But has anyone had crashes to desktop? In 7 hours of run time I've had 3. All in the main menu layers never in the gameplay, but still annoying. On an i5 4690k, GTX980, 16GB RAM.

Raider

Noob
I got Ultimate Edition fro GMG too. For the price of Standard on Steam, i can't really complain.
Missed Darkseid but i contacted WB support and they replied to me half hour ago, asking for my GMG receipt which i did. Now i am waiting.

I know that few ppl from here got their game from GMG and also didn't receive Darkseid. GMG doesn't want to help at all. They say that it's not their mistake. So guys if you want your Darkseid DLC please contact WB support and ask them to help you. Don't buy it on Steam yet.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Game is much cheaper than G2A on GMG and other authorized resellers for days now.
I am not sure why are you looking at G2A price, stay away from that POS.
Because it will get way cheaper than GMG in time (not much time either at this rate), and also because I want put my money in the key resale market out of principal. I have literally zero reason to stay away from G2A and if you think you have a reason you likely don't and more probably have just been fooled by the propaganda machine that the industry has been driving on this one.

God Confirm

Yep.Tinybuild Games (an Indie dev) lost almost $1 Million because of that.
Well, you guys are a bit off on a couple of things. By "almost a million" you mean less than half a million, it was $450k worth of keys stolen from a market place they tried to run on their own with zero key security, and by developer you mean a publisher of over 30 games who, developed a single game of their own. It doesn't make it a good thing of course, but it's important that we talk about the facts so that people aren't working with hyperbolic truths.

Telling people not to use G2A doesn't solve a problem - they could be completely removed from existence you can bet that people still would have still stolen them, the doors were wide open for them to do so and it came at zero cost to themselves, and there will ALWAYS be a market for second hand keys, and like it or not people are well within their rights to use it and G2A does their legal requirement and deletes thieves and refunds victims. I say these facts because whether you feel that's morally or ethically good enough doesn't change the fact that you can't and won't be able to just shut it down. If you want to see a change, or improvement, to the state of the key resell market you aren't going to get there by doing this, the end game result that you are pushing for is that nobody uses their right as consumer, so as a result the people who steal keys say, oh well I guess there's no point in stealing these keys at zero cost to myself, and this just isn't a practical plan to the future going to happen.

Key reselling exists at the state it does because the industry has weighed the loss of profits as far less impactful than actual acknowledging and supporting people's rights to resell digital goods. There's a reason Steam is as big as it is, and a reason people are buying these keys instead of just pirating them at all - people WANT to pay for their games, and nobody buys a key WANTING to go through the potential drama of a stolen product. So don't think for a second that Steam or someone else couldn't take complete control of the market by officially supporting it and integrating it with their products, people would use that over G2A in an instant. The industry is trying to double dip, by doing zero to support or acknowledge the fact that customers have a right to resale on their products, its something the industry has been lagging behind heavily on and skirting for a long time, but at the same time driving a narrative trying to discourage people from using resale markets.

If you want a change the realistic ways to do it is push for Steam and/or similar people with the power to do so, to create a market with monitoring on the keys for their services. I will continue putting my dollar into the resale market and support consumers rights until it gets supported. If that's not good enough, the next best thing is for devs not to create market places where people can just come through and fraud them out of $450k worth of keys that they can't keep secure, just so they can avoid paying Steam their cut. If you feel Steam's cut is too unfair, than push for changes to that, or support their competitors and encourage others to do the same. The angle you guys are going for is just the wrong one, and reeks of industry driven bullshit + appeals to a false moral high ground. They have the power to change this but you guys are pushing at the people who don't.

Just a different perspective for you guys. No ill will for you guys for feeling the way you do because I know it comes from a well-intentioned place - I just don't believe it's a fair assessment.

Last edited:
I have no side in this arguement either way cause i don't care, but how much is G2A paying you to put all this good press out xD

God Confirm

I don't care for G2A personally, we could do a lot better as far as service quality goes. And that's a change I hope to see

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
Can you guys add me on Steam. I see the TYM guild on PC is full so i can't join to see who plays on PC.

<~~~ My steam page is on the side. thanks :)

Can you guys add me on Steam. I see the TYM guild on PC is full so i can't join to see who plays on PC.

<~~~ My steam page is on the side. thanks :)
Yeah my steam is same name as here. you can add me anytime. I run the TYM guild on pc if we have a inactive low level ill drop them and you can join. I want priority to be players actually here on the forums cause i think some randoms have joined as well

Anyone knows when is Hellboy coming to the PC version? He is available for one week now on consoles and still nothing on PC.

Also PC version is missing latest balance patch. And also having issues like crashes, low audio, cutscenes stuttering...
Welcome to NRS on pc lol. We probably won't be told when anything is coming.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Welcome to NRS on pc lol. We probably won't be told when anything is coming.
It has nothing to do with NRS neither QLOC. Everything is done / released on PC by QLOC on WB say so.

Patch, Hellboy etc is ready to be released.....but nothing can be done without WB say so.

It has nothing to do with NRS neither QLOC. Everything is done / released on PC by QLOC on WB say so.

Patch, Hellboy etc is ready to be released.....but nothing can be done without WB say so.
Sure but the problem isn't every QLOC game on pc or every WB game on pc. It is however the case with every NRS game on pc. Hence welcome to NRS on pc.

Don't care either way i still buy their games and support them because i love NRS games.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Sure but the problem isn't every QLOC game on pc or every WB game on pc. It is however the case with every NRS game on pc. Hence welcome to NRS on pc.

Don't care either way i still buy their games and support them because i love NRS games.
Not really, it's almost every WB game on PC, beside Shadow of Mordor and War which was made for PC inhouse by Monolith just like the console version of the game. Pretty much every PC port of WB game is like this one (usually way worse) and its not because of the porting developer..... (with the exception of HVS).

Not really, it's almost every WB game on PC, beside Shadow of Mordor and War which was made for PC inhouse by Monolith just like the console version of the game. Pretty much every PC port of WB game is like this one (usually way worse) and its not because of the porting developer..... (with the exception of HVS).
Hm maybe but of the 45 or so titles they put on PC i can't recall any that ive had problems with besides the NRS releases. Oh well either way lol

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Guys, relax.

First of all, the price and marketing is a thing for WB. You should say your complains directly to WB. NRS isn't at fault there. NRS only creates the games.

The console prices were:

40$/€ = Standard
75$/€ = Deluxe
100$/€ = Ultimate

If they're the PC prices, then it's confirmed that WB gives no fuck about PC gaming.

Guys, relax.

First of all, the price and marketing is a thing for WB. You should say your complains directly to WB. NRS isn't at fault there. NRS only creates the games.

The console prices were:

40$/€ = Standard
75$/€ = Deluxe
100$/€ = Ultimate

If they're the PC prices, then it's confirmed that WB gives no fuck about PC gaming.
Everyone is relaxed lol.
Nobody is writing in or petitioning WB or NRS lol. We are just pointing out flaws in their ports to PC. As stated above i still love their games and buy them to support it. Had MKX and inj1 on all platforms.

Idk if PC got a deluxe option. I know we had standard and ultimate.

*EDIT* What was the deluxe edition anyway? Standard was just the game. Ultimate was the game+all dlc+premier skins right?

Raider

Noob
Everyone is relaxed lol.
Nobody is writing in or petitioning WB or NRS lol. We are just pointing out flaws in their ports to PC. As stated above i still love their games and buy them to support it. Had MKX and inj1 on all platforms.

Idk if PC got a deluxe option. I know we had standard and ultimate.

*EDIT* What was the deluxe edition anyway? Standard was just the game. Ultimate was the game+all dlc+premier skins right?

And Standard wasn't 40$. It was 60/80/100.
So we on PC got Ultimate Edition for the price of Deluxe Edition. (Actually i got it for the price of Standard Edition). BUT 6 months later. Game was already on sale for consoles... multiple times.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind

And Standard wasn't 40$. It was 60/80/100.
So we on PC got Ultimate Edition for the price of Deluxe Edition. (Actually i got it for the price of Standard Edition). BUT 6 months later. Game was already on sale for consoles... multiple times.
There's a reason behind this. Buying the Standard edition (40$/€) and the 9 DLC chars (60$/€ (20$/€ per FP, 6$/€ per DLC char)) gives the exact amount of the Ultimate Edition price. Maybe you live in a country that makes them a bit expensive. I live in Greece, and this is what was sold at that time, and is selling today with that price.