What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

Just played few games with Raiden. Character is nuts after buffs lmfao. Feels so smooth to play compared to the pre-patch its kinda different character now.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
IDK if it's just a me and the PC version thing, but ever since aftermath Kit's fans stay on the opponent after hit for 4 seconds. Even stick around during a KB.

Doesn't hurt anything but it's kind of funny.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Motion Blur got bodied this patch from the look of it. I noticed instantly, and others confirming. Hopefully a quick fix, cuz I'm actually a mega fan of it for FGs

Kitana's fans still hang around forever, so the fun there continues.

Motion Blur got bodied this patch from the look of it. I noticed instantly, and others confirming. Hopefully a quick fix, cuz I'm actually a mega fan of it for FGs

Kitana's fans still hang around forever, so the fun there continues.
I noticed that with her fans myself. I haven't played since the patch though. What's messed about Motion Blur?

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I noticed that with her fans myself. I haven't played since the patch though. What's messed about Motion Blur?
Just ignores the setting.

Actually it looks like it kind of works at times and then fades into not working at all. IIRC you don't use it, so I imagine it's not a big deal for you and a lot of people, but I vastly prefer it on for fighters.

Not too worried about it RN. My network was freaking out yesterday so I'm hoping me doing stuff with it or a stealth improvement in the patch will let me play online again without stutters. Going to try that again sometime this weekend

Just ignores the setting.

Actually it looks like it kind of works at times and then fades into not working at all. IIRC you don't use it, so I imagine it's not a big deal for you and a lot of people, but I vastly prefer it on for fighters.

Not too worried about it RN. My network was freaking out yesterday so I'm hoping me doing stuff with it or a stealth improvement in the patch will let me play online again without stutters. Going to try that again sometime this weekend
I actually do play with Motion Blur. I didn't like it a year or so ago in games, but tried it a little more and got used to it.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I tried another video card, and still drop frames. Nothing fancy, basically a more modern version of the same card I was using (1060 -> 1660 Super). Moderate but meaningful improvements in games and available GPU resources. DX12 mode is playable (ran at like 20fps before), and some hitching in specific fatalities that refused to respond to setting changes are now totally smooth.

I'm happy with what I got generally speaking, but I was hoping the same smoothing out would happen for whatever the hitching is I've been having online. It never responded to setting changes, doesn't happen offline, and now doesn't even seem to respond to a GPU change, so it appears to be something more than GPU related. IDK. Denuvo checks while computing the rollback frames stressing cpu out more when online? My CPU peaks at like 17% so everyone would be having the issue I'd think if I was.

I think I'm totally at QLOC's mercy on it.

I tried another video card, and still drop frames. Nothing fancy, basically a more modern version of the same card I was using (1060 -> 1660 Super). Moderate but meaningful improvements in games and available GPU resources. DX12 mode is playable (ran at like 20fps before), and some hitching in specific fatalities that refused to respond to setting changes are now totally smooth.

I'm happy with what I got generally speaking, but I was hoping the same smoothing out would happen for whatever the hitching is I've been having online. It never responded to setting changes, doesn't happen offline, and now doesn't even seem to respond to a GPU change, so it appears to be something more than GPU related. IDK. Denuvo checks while computing the rollback frames stressing cpu out more when online? My CPU peaks at like 17% so everyone would be having the issue I'd think if I was.

I think I'm totally at QLOC's mercy on it.
Is your steam overlay in game enabled? Night and day difference in my case when disabled

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Is your steam overlay in game enabled? Night and day difference in my case when disabled
I tried that awhile back. It's a good suggestion though. I was playing and chatting a lot when it first started and I noticed it would sometimes start or stop acting up after toggling the overlay to chat. I disabled it but it still happens.

I was hopeful given it did seem to mess with the situation some, but didn't pan out. I also have to track FPS with Windows Game Bar to know if it is happening since the Steam overlay includes the fps counter. It would also be a drag not being able to have chat going, but I'm not really having to chat these days so maybe it wouldn't matter now.

Beyond all that, the overlay started working better lately for some reason. I also tried Big Picture for awhile. That overlay seemed to work better over all but the regular one seems to work now and doesn't cause weirdness when brought up. I don't know what went on there to make that work better, but it used to stall things while bringing it up, and now it just flies up like you would want it to.

Maybe I'll try it again just for giggles and see what happens.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Doesn't appear they are putting up a separate PC patch notes this time around.

The motion blur stuff from last patch was fixed, so even if they aren't talking about it they are working on PC stuff. Kitana's fan bug is still there so good to know it's survived two patches. I may actually miss that one if they fix it.

FPS drops are still in full force. More people are complaining about it, or at least from my POV it appears that way. I decided to also upgrade my RAM to 16gb of 3200 vs 8gb of whatever it was I bought a couple years back. Thought that might be worth a try and wasn't going to hurt to get more in line with recommended amounts. (I did set it in BIOS to OC it to 3200 which I guess is standard practice but easily overlooked)

Recent upgrades are nice in the general sense but haven't done me much good in MK. Sometimes it runs great, and many times not. Part of what makes the fps drops so annoying is they happen in response to contact, so you end up with stalls while trying to combo or do follow up projectiles. Lost count of how many times I go to do a follow up fan and just stand there, or drop a combo because inputs drop after the first hit.

I guess I'll toss my hopes on over to the next patch.

Zviko

Noob
In the last 2 days when I quit the game, steam still says that MK11 is running and if I press stop it doesn't do anything. I have to either force quit out of steam or end MK11 task in task manager. I don't remember this happening pre patch. Anyone else?

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
In the last 2 days when I quit the game, steam still says that MK11 is running and if I press stop it doesn't do anything. I have to either force quit out of steam or end MK11 task in task manager. I don't remember this happening pre patch. Anyone else?
It used to do that a lot to me, but I haven't seen that in some time.

It was a thing, could still be a thing. You probably aren't alone.

Raider

Noob
BTW. yesterday's/today's krypt event is not working at all for us PC peasants. They fixed it on consoles but there is nothing on PC. WB won't even acknowledge it.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
BTW. yesterday's/today's krypt event is not working at all for us PC peasants. They fixed it on consoles but there is nothing on PC. WB won't even acknowledge it.
Is it that krypt event that spawned near the forge?

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
This last patch has been brutal. I have the occasional good match online (had some good ones with @Synesthesia Z last weekend), but mostly it just hitches for several frames at a time constantly. It's like playing against really bad WiFi full time even with wired, low ping players. It's really frustrating running it decent players and not being able to finish strings, combos, or flawless anything.

I keep hoping they will sort it out, but it's been months now and it's only gotten worse. It's so much worse this time around that it seem like more people are complaining, so maybe the priority goes up. I could and probably should just play on PS4 but I can't stand firing the thing up or paying for netplay at this point. I just end up playing other things. All of which run quite well after my upgrade spree.

The only thing left I can upgrade is a modest CPU bump. It's generally worth doing at some point, but it's hard to justify spending the cash when my CPU only runs at about 13-15% in game (whatever that actually means)

I keep complaining because I care about the version, and have no ps4 friends to tango with.