What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

Interesting. To recap my system specs:

• Intel Core i5 4440 @ 3.10 GHz
  • 16 GB Ram
  • nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 4G OC
Both my CPU and GPU are above the recommended requirements for the game itself, though my CPU is obviously quite old. By your description, I should give Direct X 12 a whirl, but apparently my CPU falls short of the minimum for that. Odd.
it will all depends on how good QLoc are at developing with DX12. Some company are good and some are terrible. You wont risk anything by testing both.

That's quite true.

In terms of visual improvements, generally speaking, what can be expected?
some people claim there is none between dx11 and dx12 but for me i see difference on how lighting and reflections works here a good video example but do not expect anything crazy i would say very slight improvement.

Raider

Noob
There is literally zero visual difference between DX11 and DX12 in MK11.
For me starting the game and loading times are insane with DX12. It's 3 times worse compared to DX11. Many graphics options are not available in DX12. And a lot of players are reporting many issues with DX12. It's just not worth it.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Well it was billed in beta form right? I can't imagine it would look different enough to get excited about. There is a certain other beta that would have been a much bigger deal.

Raider

Noob
DX12 never was about visual difference. I don't know any game that got new visual effects or better graphics with DX12. Also instead of improving performance it actually destroys it in many cases.

Slymind

Noob
Tried. Performance took a hit, didn't notice any visual gains, but it's in beta, so i will wait and see how this develops.

alright here are my results with

GTX 1080ti and i9-9900kf

DX11 vs DX12

in DX12 in game performance are a bit better CPU usage wise but in character screen switching between characters my cpu goes from 6% usage to 97-100%.
Shader caching in DX12 is a bit faster than DX11 but DX11 is smoother overall.

The wierd white and green artifact bug seems fixed in DX12.

wich is better ? you chose.

Interesting. To recap my system specs:

• Intel Core i5 4440 @ 3.10 GHz
  • 16 GB Ram
  • nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 4G OC
I thought all 1660 TIs have 6 GB Ram. What kind of GPU do you have?

I haven't tried DX12 yet as I have had enough issues recently but at least QLOC finally admitted the nVidia driver issue. Since I lowered my graphic settings after the Joker patch, I had no issues again. Yesterday there was another patch, I immediately deleted the hidden MK11 folder except my lowered graphic setting file, no issues so far.

Oh, and how do you launch DX12 version if DX12.exe launches the DX11 version?

if i launch the game with DX12 from the game installation folder it launch the game in DX11 lol...
This is stated as a known issue in the patch's notes.

@imMORTAL KOMBATant Oops, you're correct, it is 6G. This is my card.

As to how to launch the game in DirectX 12, launch it direct from Steam, not the .exe. You'll get the option to launch in DirectX 11 or 12.

For myself, I'm waiting until its out of beta to try it for obvious reasons (and I would have done so whether there were issues with it or not).

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
This is stated as a known issue in the patch's notes.

@imMORTAL KOMBATant Oops, you're correct, it is 6G. This is my card.

As to how to launch the game in DirectX 12, launch it direct from Steam, not the .exe. You'll get the option to launch in DirectX 11 or 12.

For myself, I'm waiting until its out of beta to try it for obvious reasons (and I would have done so whether there were issues with it or not).
And if steam doesn't present that option? does that mean your card is dx11 only?

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I'm actually not sure. What's your card again?

There's a list of supported nVidia GPUs here.
1060. Seemed like it was dx12 when I went looking. Game doesn't give the option.

Doesn't mean it's a good idea. It's not a beefy card, but still like goofing with settings.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I don't know why, but the option suddenly started showing tonight. Runs horribly. More than doubles my CPU load, maxes the GPU load with basement settings, and I only get 15-30 FPS depending on how much shinny stuff my characters are wearing.

I can't imagine what benefits it would take to out weigh such additional overhead. I say that knowing better cards are likely tuned better for it the thing.

I was already running it well, so I'll just keep doing that. I do have to wonder what the point of upgrading a game after the fact is. Seems like a waste of development time just to say you did something. And it feels like it would make it harder to guarantee across the board PC stability and performance. Insert more RIP PC Crossplay chatter here.

I think I'll do the same. My main concern is that I don't know how the game saves the DX12 files (tweakvars, etc.). I have no idea what exactly causes crashes but whenever I keep my old MK11 hidden folder files after a patch, a crash is much more likely to occur. So if the DX12 version uses the same MK11 hidden folder, I don't want those files to be mixed there. Or is there a separate MK11 DX12 hidden folder in Local?

I'd be more than satisfied with the DX11 version if nVidia and QLOC could solve this random CTD issue for good.

@imMORTAL KOMBATant I don't know the answers to your questions, I'm afraid. All I can suggest is wait for those upcoming nVidia drivers that will potentially fix the random crashes and if they actually do and all's solid, then try DirectX 12 support.

@Sutter Pain The release notes for the latest driver said the random crashes are a known issue, not that they've been fixed. The game's latest patch notes said the same. So it's excellent to read that it's being acknowledged by both QLOC and nVidia! Hopefully we will have a proper fix soon.

Gaxkang

Banned
I just noticed an interesting bug...I have one of the Joker character towers summoned, but the replace tower option is not working. It doesn't respond to the button press now heh.
So I can't replace that tower with another one.

Wonder if that'll change...

Oh boy... :confused:

I just noticed an interesting bug...I have one of the Joker character towers summoned, but the replace tower option is not working. It doesn't respond to the button press now heh.

can still click on it with your mouse

Slymind

Noob

This has been happening since the last patch, using the mouse works though.

Zviko

Noob
Is there a way to intentionally desync the game or what? Because i swear someone just did it on me. Tbagging me after first game(applying that I was mashing down pokes apparently) then I beat him the next game and in the last one I read his grab, D2 KB him and D2 again for the finish but just before the second D2 game desynced. It was so obvious. Guys name is samij, level 95, plays Shao, 3.2k games. Sucks because I didn't get a win and he probably didn't get a loss either. And the worst thing about it, this stuff gets unpunished as well.

Edit: Actually not sure if I got the win or not. It says 3 win streak now when I backed out and in again. I wonder if he got the loss.

Last edited: