What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

I never started getting CTD until started using Ds4 pad never had 1 with xbox pad
At least with the PC version, we were actually able to establish that a DualShock 4 was one possible cause of crash-to-desktops shortly after launch. I believe @imMORTAL KOMBATant mentioned a while back that he was using another pad.

I'm using a Hori Fighting Commander for Xbox One and on rare occasions, an Xbox Wireless Controller connected via a USB cable.

I wonder if that DX12 foundation that they did a while ago will mean anything in the future.
Well in theory if they took the time to add it, that means it'll be supported properly at some point. In theory.

Hopefully when that day comes it'll overall improve performance even more.

1) When you upgraded the system from Windows 7 to Windows 10, did you simply do the upgrade option, or did you format the drive in full and then clean install?

2) What resolution are you playing the game in?
There was no update option anymore and it's a completely new PC. I have two SSDs now so it's not even on the old hardware. It was completely built up from zero. I play in 1080p.

Oh, and I use the DualShock 4 ever since the MKXL days. I heard different opinions from different people about DS4 and the XBox pad but I find the positioning of the D-Pad awkward on the XBox controller. I have a PS4 so it seemed convenient to use the pad on PC as well and I didn't want to be confused by the 'X' button :) The game is designed to support both controllers so I don't get it why would that cause a crash but who knows?

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
There was no update option anymore and it's a completely new PC. I have two SSDs now so it's not even on the old hardware. It was completely built up from zero. I play in 1080p.

Oh, and I use the DualShock 4 ever since the MKXL days. I heard different opinions from different people about DS4 and the XBox pad but I find the positioning of the D-Pad awkward on the XBox controller. I have a PS4 so it seemed convenient to use the pad on PC as well and I didn't want to be confused by the 'X' button :) The game is designed to support both controllers so I don't get it why would that cause a crash but who knows?
I never had single CTD on xbox pad, literally the second got the ds4 pad i started crashing I heard the same thing from others around launch thats why i brought it up.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I never had single CTD on xbox pad, literally the second got the ds4 pad i started crashing I heard the same thing from others around launch thats why i brought it up.
Question. Do you use it wired or with BT?

At this point I don't really only use a DS4 if I'm in a tower and need the R/L sticks (or as a way to charge them for PS4 use later while still playing.) It's been crashing in towers a little lately. Before like last week I'd never seen it happen to me. I don't use them much in matches so I don't know if it's the towers or because that just happens to be where I DS4.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Question. Do you use it wired or with BT?

At this point I don't really only use a DS4 if I'm in a tower and need the R/L sticks (or as a way to charge them for PS4 use later while still playing.) It's been crashing in towers a little lately. Before like last week I'd never seen it happen to me. I don't use them much in matches so I don't know if it's the towers or because that just happens to be where I DS4.
I use it wired usb, I think it ctd 2x in a row last time we played actually def think something is up for sure.

Very cool on the new rig!

With respect to the Controller, I didn't know you were using a DualShock 4, and I'd wager that's what's causing your crash-to-desktops.

The only way you'll know for sure is if you try for a good while with another model Controller (not a Sony one). What I can tell you as absolute fact is that, though the game is designed to support both, with the PC version, a DualShock 4 has led to regular crashes for many.

Alright , we wont get the patch untill Joker arrives on PC the patch will be deliver at the exact same time. Also PC will be getting something special soon.

With respect to the Controller, I didn't know you were using a DualShock 4, and I'd wager that's what's causing your crash-to-desktops.

The only way you'll know for sure is if you try for a good while with another model Controller (not a Sony one). What I can tell you as absolute fact is that, though the game is designed to support both, with the PC version, a DualShock 4 has led to regular crashes for many.
Thank you for being so helpful, I really appreciate it! After this suggestion I was very tempted to buy an XBox controller, there were some discounts for it at my local retailer. But when I finally decided to buy one, the discount was over. So I stuck with my DS4.

I started to experience with plugging it in after launch and I had crash free session but then crashed again with it. But since I'm not alone with this issue, some of us started to make moves in the Steam Community Hub. A fellow member suggested we should turn to nVidia since QLOC apparently let the issue linger for a while now and we had a response from nVidia! An nVidia worker gave an e-mail address to us so we can send our crashlogs to him (I have a nice collection of those since october...) and he reported back that they were able to reproduce the crashes and they are currently working with QLOC on the issue.

Thank you for being so helpful, I really appreciate it! After this suggestion I was very tempted to buy an XBox controller, there were some discounts for it at my local retailer. But when I finally decided to buy one, the discount was over. So I stuck with my DS4.

I started to experience with plugging it in after launch and I had crash free session but then crashed again with it. But since I'm not alone with this issue, some of us started to make moves in the Steam Community Hub. A fellow member suggested we should turn to nVidia since QLOC apparently let the issue linger for a while now and we had a response from nVidia! An nVidia worker gave an e-mail address to us so we can send our crashlogs to him (I have a nice collection of those since october...) and he reported back that they were able to reproduce the crashes and they are currently working with QLOC on the issue.
My pleasure, and that is absolutely fantastic news; really good stuff on you guys for being pro-active!

Please keep us updated!

To be honest, I don't think it has anything to do with the DS4. Crash frequency varies from driver to driver and I had a crash free month on 436.48 and crash free two weeks back in December. The issue affects the GTX 16 series (like my GTX 1660 TI) and the RTX series (the Turing based GPUs) the most.

Someone suggested to modify the graphics settings for the time being like this:

Video Mode: BORDERLESS

AA: FXAA
Motion Blur: OFF
Ambient occlusion: OFF
Particle Density: HIGH
Particles Mode: GPU

I did this yesterday and no crashes so far. Now we're waiting on nVidia and QLOC to fix the issue.

To be honest, I don't think it has anything to do with the DS4. Crash frequency varies from driver to driver and I had a crash free month on 436.48 and crash free two weeks back in December. The issue affects the GTX 16 series (like my GTX 1660 TI) and the RTX series (the Turing based GPUs) the most.

Someone suggested to modify the graphics settings for the time being like this:

Video Mode: BORDERLESS

AA: FXAA
Motion Blur: OFF
Ambient occlusion: OFF
Particle Density: HIGH
Particles Mode: GPU

I did this yesterday and no crashes so far. Now we're waiting on nVidia and QLOC to fix the issue.
Good stuff, it'll be interesting to see what happens. I'll simply continue to update my drivers at month's end as I always do.

Raider

Noob
Players are reporting more crashes after The Joker patch. Also no mention of DX12, cross-play... nothing.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
Players are reporting more crashes after The Joker patch. Also no mention of DX12, cross-play... nothing.
would the pc version get any form of crossplay beta too, dont you think they would announce that before the patch comes out?
same for the dx12 feature.

If cross-play is going to be added, I wouldn't expect it until updates for the game are done since patching schedules are different.