What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
I can understand not being able to sync patches when they're coming out in rapid fire fashion. When they come out... in four months?

Just get your shit together.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
It's live now.

Edit: Omg it's 10GB for me, wtf... noooo.
well. shang was 6,9 and it had no balance changes. thats why preloads are nice but at the end, a few hours more wait in the worst case scenario.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Mine completed a few minutes ago. Try restarting steam.

Slymind

Noob
Can anyone check if they fixed the round bug? just set to one round at the menu and see if it actually applies to klassic towers.

@edit
Also, my patch is 8.8 gig. Maybe there is a regional difference?

Last edited:
@Slymind Regional differences could indeed account for the varying patch sizes we've seen time and time again. At the end of the day, so long as things work properly.

I'm at work, so can't check anything now myself. Can anyone comment if there's been performance improvements?

The patch notes mention improved 21:9 support. Can anyone comment? I'm still at work.
If that true plus the color blind support then this is a great patch.

portent

Noob
Anyone having a problem with the game starting up after the patch? I've restarted a few times, made sure steam was up to date, etc. The game is currently stuck on the Scorpion MK11 image that pops up after hitting Play in steam.

Anyone having a problem with the game starting up after the patch? I've restarted a few times, made sure steam was up to date, etc. The game is currently stuck on the Scorpion MK11 image that pops up after hitting Play in steam.
Have you tried verifying the integrity of your game's files?

Supposedly another update popped up that's 450mb and people are reporting the game working after downloading it. I can't seem to get the update to show up.
Hmmm.... if you haven't already, reboot your PC, and then fire up Steam and see if it shows up. If it doesn't, I'd try doing a File Verification.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, mine kept freezing until I verified the files.

After any major patch with the game, I Verify the files immediately as it seems to be a thing.

So I got to play a little last night, and a few things I noticed:

• There were frame issues at the start with the Benchmark; was getting somewhere between 30 and 40 as I recall on the first attempt. I believe it cleared up and was 60 FPS average on the second attempt, or perhaps the third.
  • I noticed the bones on the floor of Shinnok's Bone Temple once again have collision with the players.
  • When completing a Tower of Time, it takes several seconds more now for the Tower's summary screen to come up.
  • There's a funny typo in the game now. Go to PC options, and look at the first option for RGB Lights.
The artifacting/white and green squares are still present as well, but of course that's an nVidia thing.

Another thing I noticed is the extra info for Gear and Skins seems pretty lackluster. For example, Edenian Sea, a Kitana skin I'd like (her story mode one), still just says: Found in the Krypt. I was hoping for more detail.