What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

All platforms are expected and should be held accountable for releasing content that we've paid for already on the same day. That is the definition of the agreement when we exchanged money for the product. I really don't get what's so difficult to follow about this, other than attempting to scramble for some abject reason to disagree.
You really should read the EULA of the products that you buy.

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
I'm finished discussing this here. I'm going to advocate for what I am on another thread, or different avenues. I feel like I'm only discussing with a devil's advocate, and it's really going no where.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
I'm finished discussing this here. I'm going to advocate for what I am on another thread, or different avenues. I feel like I'm only discussing with a devil's advocate, and it's really going no where.
people not sharing your oppinion, mimimi i am outta here...how old are you?

Raider

Noob
Honestly i am fine with one week delay. But definitely not more than that. Also this is "just" a balance patch. We got ST on the same day as console players (not midnight tho. but hours later, still technically on the same day).

I just learned to deal with the fact that WB and NRS are doing this for some time now and will probably continue to do the same thing in the future. I accepted it. And i was also aware that patches could be late when pre-ordering. Also i am kinda tired of complaining and asking WB and NRS for things to change. I tried Steam, i tried other forums, i tried social media, i tried emails, i tried Reddit with huge thread that got hundreds of responses and likes in one day and a lot of support. It basically did nothing. The next day they released a statement, about the situation so i WANT to believe that we actually did something... but i still feel like we did nothing.

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
@Juxtapose @imMORTAL KOMBATant ty (and others who've posted similar replies) for bringing some sense to me. I understand everything you said, but I just get angry at this sort of thing. Especially since I have both weeklies and monthlies that host MK11. But you're right, it's just something I/we have to accept for now.

I truly love the game and series, and don't wanna quit out of spite or principle. Especially since I've wanted to main Sheeva since the leak. :cool: But I dunno. I'm monitoring the situation. The patch this week w/ Nightwolf would be cool enough. Maybe I should just not take it as serious, just play online and in the future if I go to those weeklies/monthlies a patch behind just try to have fun anyway. That's generally my problem - I tend to forget games are just about having fun.

@Juxtapose @imMORTAL KOMBATant ty (and others who've posted similar replies) for bringing some sense to me. I understand everything you said, but I just get angry at this sort of thing. Especially since I have both weeklies and monthlies that host MK11. But you're right, it's just something I/we have to accept for now.

I truly love the game and series, and don't wanna quit out of spite or principle. Especially since I've wanted to main Sheeva since the leak. :cool: But I dunno. I'm monitoring the situation. The patch this week w/ Nightwolf would be cool enough. Maybe I should just not take it as serious, just play online and in the future if I go to those weeklies/monthlies a patch behind just try to have fun anyway. That's generally my problem - I tend to forget games are just about having fun.
Well, I know no one would argue if we could get patches on the same day, so overall we do get where you're coming from. For someone who does go to actual locals like yourself, this disparity is even more frustrating than for those of us who just play Online, so for my own part I'm not ripping on you and do get the frustration.

The truth though is there's not much we can do about I'm afraid, outside of switching platforms or abandoning things all together. Like you, I love the franchise and have no intention of tossing it aside, and I certainly don't want to go spend cash on a console, multiplayer service subscription, the game and Kombat Pack (again) and start all over collecting stuff. Eesh!

I do expect the patch with Nightwolf, which would be this Tuesday, is it not? If so, at day's end, about four business days isn't huge, but yeah, it is inconvenient.

When a patch behind like this, for your locals, the best I can recommend is to go and play more for fun and to start toying with the changes. Once the patch drops, then you can properly practice and compete again.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I was kind of arguing the topic elsewhere. I really don't mind a few days lag on balances, of which this is the only time that's happened. Partly I don't mind because I have it on PS4, and it doesn't impact my characters, but it's also because when you get right down to it, people that actually play at the level that all this stuff matters are very rare. Like, you can probably name half of them kind of rare.

Most of those people aren't playing on PC exclusively, and most of the rest of us are going to win and lose by our own short comings and not the characters', or because someone else's character is broken. I'm not going to be changing much over the course of a few days, and I can learn stuff then just as well as I can today.

Maybe it's old man patience, but for a few days I'm willing to be sympathetic to the technical hurdles of how the patches have to be delivered given there was significant forward progress for this game. IJ2 came out months late and still had character delays, and it's not like we weren't told early on stuff would be delayed by a few days as the norm.

For content, I'm still patient. I'm probably going to be very eager to try Sindel, but I tend to be more looking forward to the experience than angry it's not in the here and now. There is a limit to how far stuff can get delayed before the sucks meter does rise sharply, but a week ain't it. It's objectively not ideal, and falling behind new norms, but outrage needs to fit the situation, and a few days behind only warrants a little grumbling in my book.

On another note, I will say I'm not a big believer in voting with your wallet. In this case, they already have most of that wallet money and their isn't a lot of abstaining one has left as an option. Also, not buying something doesn't send a focused message. Lost sales are hard to see, and harder to quantify. It's hard to know what is going to sell, and why, and who didn't buy and why. Is it because of the DRM, the SJW initiative, because the characters are all lame, because the game is a projectile spam fest, Scorpion is broken, the game is slow, the game is not MK, violence taken too far, all the sexy is gone, or maybe IJ2 was late, MKX was a mess and late so we don't trust WB/NRS games on PC? All of those are things people say.

If all someone has is a lower than expected number, then they get to start drawing their own conclusions about why it is the way it is without any real way to prove much. While it's important that people don't just complain, while buying up everything which sends conflicting messages, they do have to state their issues or someone is going to just invent reasons, and that's only when something doesn't sell well. If MK11 sold really well, then who is going to see a nosale? What does that look like? Do you even care at that point, because it sold to or past expectations.

AND I'm now rambling, tired and should be going to bed. This probably doesn't even make sense.

Yesterday's discussion got me thinking about the PlayStation 4 and PC version. There are always some differences, pro and contra between different versions of a game, regardless of how small. These might be as simple as different menu layouts or graphics (Xbox over PlayStation button icons), to huge differences like levels and characters actually being absent from one version.

Below is my list, bulleted, of what the PlayStation 4 version has over the PC version and vice versa. I'm not posting this to start any kind of argument or "platform war," I'm simply curious if you all see things the same as me or not:

PlayStation 4

• Developed directly by NetherRealm Studios
  • The Tournament Standard version of the game, with the largest and most competitive Online community
  • Receives patches at the same time, or before, any other platform for the game
  • More stable, overall performance (unified platform)
PC

• Improved graphic options, including standard 60 FPS Intros, Special Moves, and Krypt
  • Free Online Multiplayer
  • Supports a wider assortment of input devices out-of-the-box
  • Better capture software available (PlayStation 4 Pro records 1080p at 30FPS, a regular PlayStation 4 records 720p at 60FPS)
  • Limited Third party mods, i.e. being able to play as Sektor and Cyrax
Am I missing anything? If not, it seems to me that if you are indeed an extremely competitive person looking to play the game at the highest level possible, the PlayStation 4 is indeed the version you'd want to choose. Otherwise, it simply depends on what you value more and/or what platform(s) you already have access to.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Yesterday's discussion got me thinking about the PlayStation 4 and PC version. There are always some differences, pro and contra between different versions of a game, regardless of how small. These might be as simple as different menu layouts or graphics (Xbox over PlayStation button icons), to huge differences like levels and characters actually being absent from one version.

Below is my list, bulleted, of what the PlayStation 4 version has over the PC version and vice versa. I'm not posting this to start any kind of argument or "platform war," I'm simply curious if you all see things the same as me or not:

PlayStation 4

• Developed directly by NetherRealm Studios
  • The Tournament Standard version of the game, with the largest and most competitive Online community
  • Receives patches at the same time, or before, any other platform for the game
  • More stable, overall performance (unified platform)
PC

• Improved graphic options, including standard 60 FPS Intros, Special Moves, and Krypt
  • Free Online Multiplayer
  • Supports a wider assortment of input devices out-of-the-box
  • Better capture software available (PlayStation 4 Pro records 1080p at 30FPS, a regular PlayStation 4 records 720p at 60FPS)
  • Limited Third party mods, i.e. being able to play as Sektor and Cyrax
Am I missing anything? If not, it seems to me that if you are indeed an extremely competitive person looking to play the game at the highest level possible, the PlayStation 4 is indeed the version you'd want to choose. Otherwise, it simply depends on what you value more and/or what platform(s) you already have access to.
well done, dude ! perfect comparison here ! while online cloud computing still is not the next thing for games (even more the competitive one), yep, the PS4 is a superior version, not graphically speaking, but, in terms of support, yes, is the best version .... PC version is better for graphics, but, for overall better and larger player base, the PS4 is the way to go .... that's why I have both versions, hehe ! :D

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
At this point, we can only tell you the former, not the later. Sorry.
Is this a autoreply message in a helpdeskchat lol? All good tho thanks for the response :p. The patch probably should be included, wouldnt make sense otherwise but lets hope for the best.

Is this a autoreply message in a helpdeskchat lol? All good tho thanks for the response :p. The patch probably should be included, wouldnt make sense otherwise but lets hope for the best.
Yes, you're talking to a machine. But don’t be shy, it’s okay, machines need love too. So talk to us...