What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

Btw, i don't know if it's just me, but the game does not change rounds to 1 round to win in Klassic Towers for me, i changed the "rounds to win" back and forth in the menu countless times, it's always stuck at 2.

Im trying to farm for heads, but it's making the grind worse that way. I submited a ticket reporting the problem, no concret answer so far, @Juxtapose could you test that on your end? thx in advance.
Of course. I should be able to test tomorrow evening.

Can anyone tell me the names of Shang Tsung's Tournament Variations please? I could have sworn I saw one called "Warlock" during EVO, but that doesn't seem to exist on the PC version. I might be completely mistaken here though.

POPTDP

Noob
So when do you guys think we'll get the patch?

Do you think we'll get it before the current Race Against Time in ToT expires? Reason I ask is cause of the Johnny Cage announcer unlock. With the patch, you need to be in top 10% to unlock it and I'm wondering if it will apply to the current Race or if it will take effect from the next Race depending on when we get the patch.

I'm hoping it's during this one...

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Can anyone tell me the names of Shang Tsung's Tournament Variations please? I could have sworn I saw one called "Warlock" during EVO, but that doesn't seem to exist on the PC version. I might be completely mistaken here though.
Interesting. Warlock and Spellmaster according to the practice mode variation selector (which was their lame way to solve not being able to practice on tournament variations).

I've always seen Warlock online so I knew it was one, but you are right about there not being a preset named after it. It may be the same thing with another name, but I don't really know much else about him other than it has the hell sparks like move.

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
Can't you check in Kustomize? When I set his a few weeks ago, I swore I saw Warlock.

Anybody know when the patch is coming for pc?
Nope. QLOC has shown some communication in the past, but so far no word. It makes sense if it's next week w/ Nightwolf, but are we even gonna get Nightwolf on time?

Like seriously, can we all agree to spam NRS to get their act together and help QLOC get patches out same day or we boycott? This could be the 2nd time I'll be a patch behind when going to my monthly. If I even bother to go/play MK11.

Last edited:

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
they where very open pre release that patches for pc and switch willl drop later than on ps4. Boycotting a game because you geht a patch on week later...:coffee:

It does exist. NRS went overboard with stupidity this time because in presets Shang's Tournament variations have different names. But it is not PC specific, it is the same on consoles. So what is known as Warlock in Ranked has another name in Presets but with the same specials as the Tournament variation. I know it's not easy to follow but that's the case (or it was pre-patch, I haven't checked it post-patch on PS4).

QLOC has shown some communication in the past, but so far no word. It makes sense if it's next week w/ Nightwolf, but are we even gonna get Nightwolf on time?

Like seriously, can we all agree to spam NRS to get their act together and help QLOC get patches out same day or we boycott? This could be the 2nd time I'll be a patch behind when going to my monthly. If I even bother to go/play MK11.
Patience is key. I know we're running low on that after the whole Kombat Pack marketing bull$**t and the Balance Patch and even I have to remind myself to this but we knew exactly what we're getting ourselves into with the PC version. And honestly, it's not so bad this time. I mean I could have strangled the devs with bare hands every time when a patch came out and made something worse than before or reintroduced crashing but overall it's better than Injustice 2 and waaay better than MKX. Shang came out the exact same day as on consoles but only a few hours later and people complained even over that. Come on!

It's simple math and I always hated math but PC version is a port. So it can't be done before NRS is done. Paulo Garcia talked about it that they are working more closely with QLOC this time so it's somewhat simultaneous but it can't be finished the exact same time. QLOC is always a few steps behind. When it was announced that FT3 Ranked is called off and Ranked will be FT2 we could play some more FT3 because it was patched later. And there was a patch that came earlier on PC, I remember that top players were searching for changes in the PC version before it went live for them the following week.

With MKX we had to wait 6 months for the XL pack and there was komplete radio silence on the issue. With Injustice 2 we had to wait weeks for DLC after launch. With MK11 we're only a few days behind. It's not the end of the world. I'd rather wait a few days longer than have a patch that messes something up again.

Last edited:
@POPTDP It's possible we'll get it before Nightwolf, but logic and past behaviour suggest most likely with Nightwolf. So you'd be out of luck for this week's Race Against Time.

@Gooberking @Dr. Cheesesteak I've set up Tournament-based Variations of my own, and the first one is called "Fire and Brimestone" and the second is called something else.

@Dr. Cheesesteak Love your handle, by the way. We got Shang Tsung on time. Even when QLOC cleaned up Mortal Kombat X and made it fantastic, patches were still delayed by about four days. It just seems to be the nature of the process. I personally have no intention of spamming a developer to help another developer hired by the parent corporation. If you decide to spam anyone, you should be contacting WB Support, not NetherRealm Studios.

@appo Yeah, as I mentioned, I don't mind waiting since I want it done right. A few more days to me is not the world's end.

@imMORTAL KOMBATant Thanks, that makes sense then, and happy it's not a PC only issue. When did Paulo say they were working more closely with QLOC?

@imMORTAL KOMBATant Thanks, that makes sense then, and happy it's not a PC only issue. When did Paulo say they were working more closely with QLOC?
Right after the Reveal event for PC Gamer:

"Early on we would give them like essentially like big dumps of what engine was and then they would port things to catch up, where now we're a lot more integrated and they're working with our engineers back and forth like on a day by day basis," says Garcia. "The patches for Injustice 2 started coming quicker and quicker until they were able to get the patches out almost right after ours [on console]."

Source: https://www.pcgamer.com/mortal-kombat-11s-pc-port-should-be-much-better-than-mkxs-was/

Heresy

Noob
Hey guys,

I just got MK11 for PC, and I'm finding myself desyncing in like, 4/5 of my ranked play matches. I saw this was a common issue early on that was fixed for some people by turning off the RGB setting (I already tried that).

Is this still a common issue or is it something I could be doing wrong? I played w/ my friend in a casual match all night and didn't desync once, but it's almost every single match when I queue for ranked.

I'm playing on a wired highspeed cable connection and have no trouble in other games. Using kind of an old processor (an i5) and a gtx 1070 with latest drivers, etc, but my FPS meter and ping meters when I'm playing with people are both in the green.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey guys,

I just got MK11 for PC, and I'm finding myself desyncing in like, 4/5 of my ranked play matches. I saw this was a common issue early on that was fixed for some people by turning off the RGB setting (I already tried that).

Is this still a common issue or is it something I could be doing wrong? I played w/ my friend in a casual match all night and didn't desync once, but it's almost every single match when I queue for ranked.

I'm playing on a wired highspeed cable connection and have no trouble in other games. Using kind of an old processor (an i5) and a gtx 1070 with latest drivers, etc, but my FPS meter and ping meters when I'm playing with people are both in the green.

I've not had issues with desyncs myself in Online, but I know others have. Could it be people disconnecting on you?

For your i5, do you know what it's specs are? I have an i5 4440 @ 3.10 GHz, for example. You on Windows 10?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I've not had issues with desyncs myself in Online, but I know others have. Could it be people disconnecting on you?

For your i5, do you know what it's specs are? I have an i5 4440 @ 3.10 GHz, for example. You on Windows 10?
some people said that the desyncs occur on account of issues with the refresh rate from some monitors models, so .... sort of troubleshoot with the 60hz or something ....

Heresy

Noob
I'm using Windows 10, and the i5 is a 2500k @ 3.30GHz

some people said that the desyncs occur on account of issues with the refresh rate from some monitors models, so .... sort of troubleshoot with the 60hz or something ....
Oh, this might be a thread worth following.

So, I have a Samsung 28" 4k monitor, but I'm running MK11 in 1920x1080 60hz reso because my comp can't handle the graphics in 4k.

I know next to nothing about the whole desync thing and how my monitor refresh rate could affect that -- what exactly should I be doing to test this out? My monitor native reso is 3840x2160 and it ays the refresh rate is 59 hz.

Last edited:

Heresy

Noob
I tried switching my game's hertz to 59.9 to match my monitor refresh rate, i tried switching my monitor to native 1920x1080 to match the game's reso, and i tried playing in default costume with no added gear. No luck, still getting desync more than half the fights I do. : \

There doesn't appear to be a pattern either -- player 1, player 2, during a fatal blow, during a throw, just randomly standing on the other side of the screen, game 1, game 2 -- getting desynced at all kinds of random times after experiencing no lag or performance issues during the match.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Hey guys,

I play @Hellbringer a lot and yeah, we desync maybe 7 out of 10 matches. Sometimes we can go a few hours without a single desync, but other times it’s every fucking match. It’s usually when there is some sort of forward pressure happening, like getting a knockdown and dashing forward into pressure, or staggering into a dash-throw.

Heresy

Noob
I play @Hellbringer a lot and yeah, we desync maybe 7 out of 10 matches. Sometimes we can go a few hours without a single desync, but other times it’s every fucking match. It’s usually when there is some sort of forward pressure happening, like getting a knockdown and dashing forward into pressure, or staggering into a dash-throw.
Yeah, it's a damn shame. I love this game and am having great fun... when it works. But I can't even complete my daily challenge for the ranked season -- played 10+ games today and could only finish 2. The worst part is that it's often like, 80% of the way through a match before it desyncs. Miserable.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, it's a damn shame. I love this game and am having great fun... when it works. But I can't even complete my daily challenge for the ranked season -- played 10+ games today and could only finish 2. The worst part is that it's often like, 80% of the way through a match before it desyncs. Miserable.
Yeah, I had to stop fighting randoms. I can just imagine what a turd I seem like when I’m getting kombo’d and the game conveniently desyncs.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I've had very little issue with them for some time now. It does happen to some people all the time even still from what I can tell, but it's not a rule. I think it's happened to me once in the last month.

There was someone that came into the Steam forums about 3 weeks ago with an all too common "FIX THE DESYNCS!!!" style post. Unlike most others, they got very specific about when it was happening. They said it was always when someone wakes up, which got me thinking. If it always happens to one person and not others, then it's almost certainly something about that person's system. There are also a particle effects that spawn on wakeups and those effects tend to bog things down.

I made a few suggestions and they came back after switching the particles over to CPU and it suddenly stopped desyncing for them. I've not seen that come up anywhere else, but it's an easy thing to try.

Anything that causes a sudden spike in system usage might just cause enough delay to desync, even other things running on the PC. It's still just hard to get the game to run as evenly as it does on PS4, no matter how much you turn stuff down.

Heresy

Noob
So, I only had 3 games tonight by which to judge, but tonight I tried using a PS4 controller instead of an XBox 1 controller, and I had no issues whatsoever, even playing against people with yellow ping. I'll report back tomorrow!

EDIT: I played 6 more matches today and only one desynced in round 3 g3 (sad times). But the rest of them worked a-okay -- I'm gonna knock on wood and say that it was the xbox 1 controller that was the problem.

Last edited:
So, I only had 3 games tonight by which to judge, but tonight I tried using a PS4 controller instead of an XBox 1 controller, and I had no issues whatsoever, even playing against people with yellow ping. I'll report back tomorrow!

EDIT: I played 6 more matches today and only one desynced in round 3 g3 (sad times). But the rest of them worked a-okay -- I'm gonna knock on wood and say that it was the xbox 1 controller that was the problem.
That's interesting. There were issues before where DualShock 4's were causing the game to crash. Xbox One Controllers have always been reported as fine.

Hi all,

I just noticed the latest nVidia Drivers, released on Jul. 29th, no longer show the green and white squares as a known issue in the driver notes; it's possible this has been resolved.

I have not updated the drivers myself yet; can anyone confirm?

Raider

Noob
Hi all,

I just noticed the latest nVidia Drivers, released on Jul. 29th, no longer show the green and white squares as a known issue in the driver notes; it's possible this has been resolved.

I have not updated the drivers myself yet; can anyone confirm?
Latest drivers for me are 431.60 from July 23. I have them installed and issue is still not fixed.