What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

Raider

Noob
Had a lot of difficulty finding online matches today. Or is it just me? Is the playerbase dying?
I heard some talking that majority of PC players are not playing online and are focusing on SP modes.
Apparently online playerbase is very, very small. Not sure is it true tho. Also i guess it depends on the time and is it a weekend... etc.

I've heard that Kombat League is the only way to get matches, outside of private games pre-arranged, on PC. Not sure if that's true or not; haven't touched Online still.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I've heard that Kombat League is the only way to get matches, outside of private games pre-arranged, on PC. Not sure if that's true or not; haven't touched Online still.
I've only ever played Kompetitive Kasual. It suddenly got a lot harder to find people people when KL started. There seems to have been some sort of player migration over that direction, and everyone seems to have what I'm assuming is a KL related icon now but me.

I can't really confirm how easy it is to find matches there since I've not tried it. Don't really plan on it either, since modes where I have less control over what connections I'm playing on aren't really that attractive.

It's obviously not the main platform, but I do think there are plenty of people playing if you are willing to do rooms or KL. It's not a total ghost town or anything. Komp Kasual is somewhat niche as far as game modes go, and I generally can find someone to play in there and that's with getting declined or declining 3 out 4 times.

hello , sorry again for the super late feedback concerning two issues

1- the white artifact is still present until nvidia new driver comes out.

2- 3 weeks later now and i still haven't got a response from WB concerning the crafted souls stolen in the krypt. and yes ive sent a followup by email to them and they seems to ignore my emails.
this issue is 100% still in the build i went today from 11 k to 5 k souls just after opening 3 soul chests.

hello , sorry again for the super late feedback concerning two issues

1- the white artifact is still present until nvidia new driver comes out.

2- 3 weeks later now and i still haven't got a response from WB concerning the crafted souls stolen in the krypt. and yes ive sent a followup by email to them and they seems to ignore my emails.
this issue is 100% still in the build i went today from 11 k to 5 k souls just after opening 3 soul chests.
For souls being lost, did you happen to use the Forge during that run through the Krypt?

yes . the bug occurs if you forge souls then open soul chests.
From what I've heard, and I may be wrong, is that you're actually not loosing souls. When you forge an item, it apparently doesn't deduct the souls from your pool; they are gone, but the number of souls left that you see has not been adjusted. So it's a display error and you're actually not loosing souls.

I have not verified this though; it's only what I've heard.

I finally got around to playing Online yesterday; specifically I went to Kombat League straight away and played five Sets.

The experience for me was excellent. I had no major lag issues, no disconnectors, nor was I fighting Scorpion every set.

The rollback netcode felt very much as I remember from Mortal Kombat XL, and though there was indeed a slight input delay, it was nothing like the older delay-based netcode. At the end of the day, the loses I took were on me, not the game.

I declined everyone that was on wifi or had a red connection, and even accepted a yellow connection to see how it'd be and it was fine.

Overall, my initial Online experience was excellent. We'll see if that holds.

Gaxkang

Banned
MK11 is still the first fighting game I've seen where the game is booted up and running but when you get into fights at first it still has to actually load different animations of like specials as they happen (making for a jerkiness). :confused: After that it smoothens out.

And the game definitely runs heavier, crunchier than Injustice 2...I dunno why. I sometimes wonder if its own brand of "always online" has something to do with issues it can have.

MK11 is still the first fighting game I've seen where the game is booted up and running but when you get into fights at first it still has to actually load different animations of like specials as they happen (making for a jerkiness). :confused: After that it smoothens out.

And the game definitely runs heavier, crunchier than Injustice 2...I dunno why. I sometimes wonder if its own brand of "always online" has something to do with issues it can have.
I can't speak for Injustice 2 as I never played it, but what you first described I did not experience. I do occassionally have frame issues at boot up for a little, but that's far less common now. Overall, I've noticed the game's performance has improved a lot over the last few weeks, and I have no idea why since there's been no patch or anything.

What anit-cheat was that? Denuvo? It was stated on the Steam page that it shipped with it before launch, so I think it was in the game from the get-go.
not a DRM an anti cheat cause people where using the cheat engine to unlock stuff so in the few last patches they introduced an anti cheat wich is the start of all the performance issues that occurs