What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

Immortal

Blind justice....
So WB Support got back to me re: my latest video and ticket update. They want me to try creating a new Profile in Windows, download the game again, and test.

@Immortal , you really seem to know your stuff, so can I ask your opinion? For me, the game played flawlessly until Patch 5, that Patch seems to have been what introduced the frame rate issues I'm now experiencing. The Performance Hotfix improved my overall performance post-Patch 5, lending credit to this theory, though it's not back to post-Patch performance.

On Jun. 8th, I formatted my system and clean installed everything. I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 Home, the latest nVidia Drivers, etc. The problems persisted after my format; there was no difference.

My question for you is, in your opinion, do you agree that creating a new profile in Windows 10 and installing and running the game from there will likely not produce a difference? Seeing as how a full format did not, that's my own thinking.
It gonna do nothing for you.

Will they ever fix the no moving mouth on intros in 60 FPS mode?
They will, it's just not a priority for them. No idea why would that even bother anybody, it's a really minor thing, a niusance at worst with no impact on the game whatsoever.

for the love of god.... fix the load glitch......2nd why does my bloody defenders rest every day ...... forcing me to do this bs every day

Gaxkang

Banned
MK11 does run heavier than Injustice 2...I dunno why since I see MK11 as basically Injustice 2 with a bit better faces heh.

I also noticed on low graphic setting (texture) that Kano's tattoos like in intro screen are low res, Kintaro doesn't have stripes...I think movie Shang's logo on his back is low res. I don't understand why such things are low res...are they that intense? :p

I think such things look the same on medium textures too...I think I stopped using medium because I saw no real diff using it.

I am assuming he is talking about the 5 minutes or so you have to wait before your cpu load goes back to normal, no idea about defenders sounds like some A.I battle stuff.
Ah, that makes sense. I was thinking he meant something along the lines of a loading glitch, perhaps Gear or Skins not loading properly.

chstx

Noob
Does anyone notice that the physics effects have been patch out?
Since the PC June 18 update the skulls, bones, bottles etc. on the floor of the stages are not moving anymore when touched by the charcters. They are static now. At least for me it is the case.

Overall I have to say that I hadn't that much issues on PC. Everything is running ok, except the mouth movement in the intro on 60 fps as described above plus the physics thing.

Does anyone else notice the net code on PC being unplayable? I’ve kinda given up on the PC version due to the online lag. I thought it would be better than PS4 due to more wired connections but it seems to be super shitty.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Does anyone else notice the net code on PC being unplayable? I’ve kinda given up on the PC version due to the online lag. I thought it would be better than PS4 due to more wired connections but it seems to be super shitty.
I haven't had any problem with it. I have about a thousand matches total on pc and have a ps4 copy to compare.

There are people having frame rate issues and some people running the game with yellow fps scores running around. You end up inheriting other people's problems, so It's possible you could be running in to some of that.

I do find it harder to find sexy pings compared to ps4 for whatever reason. (And matches at all.)

This last patch did help smooth out some very slight fps hiccups that kept it feeling quite like playing on ps4. At this point for me it does.

I really like the sensible 60fps perks of pc and generally preferring playing pc. Getting harder to find kompetitive Kasual matches :( but that's how these things go.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Does anyone notice that the physics effects have been patch out?
Since the PC June 18 update the skulls, bones, bottles etc. on the floor of the stages are not moving anymore when touched by the charcters. They are static now. At least for me it is the case.

Overall I have to say that I hadn't that much issues on PC. Everything is running ok, except the mouth movement in the intro on 60 fps as described above plus the physics thing.
It was universal and needed to change - in rare situations it would coz desyncs so they made the change.

Nope, works great if you play people to which you have low latency + they aren't on WiFi and their computer isn't a potato (steady 60 fps is needed).

For stage physics collision, I never noticed it was gone until brought up in this thread, though I only ever noticed it on Shinnok's Bone Temple. Any other stages used it?

If it was causing desyncs though, it's such a minor thing that yeah, it can go.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
So I recently bought MK11 for a cheap price on steam but having performance issues while having the recommended specs.

Those are my specs:

Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Process
7.95 GB Ram

Still getting some nasty frame drops :(

Does it have something to do with my hardware or more with the pc port of the game. As far as I could understand the last patcht fixed performance issues?

So I recently bought MK11 for a cheap price on steam but having performance issues while having the recommended specs.

Those are my specs:

Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Process
7.95 GB Ram

Still getting some nasty frame drops :(

Does it have something to do with my hardware or more with the pc port of the game. As far as I could understand the last patcht fixed performance issues?
I don't know AMD processors, but assuming you are correct and your system is at the recommended requirements, you should be fine. Thus, it's possible you're having the performance issues others (including myself) are having.

A few things to check:

• Have you updated to the Windows 10 May 2019 Update?
  • If you have, have you run Windows Update to confirm you have all other remaining updates?
  • Have you updated to the latest nVidia Drivers?
  • Have you Optimized the game's Graphic Settings via GeForce Experience?
  • Have you verified the Integrity of the game's files via the Steam Client (shouldn't be needed if you just installed, but it's worth a shot)?
For the frame drops, what happens when you run the game's Benchmark? After running it several times in a row, do the frame drops die off and you get a solid 60 FPS average, or does it constantly persist?

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
I don't know AMD processors, but assuming you are correct and your system is at the recommended requirements, you should be fine. Thus, it's possible you're having the performance issues others (including myself) are having.

A few things to check:

• If you have, have you run Windows Update to confirm you have all other remaining updates?
  • Have you verified the Integrity of the game's files via the Steam Client (shouldn't be needed if you just installed, but it's worth a shot)?
For the frame drops, what happens when you run the game's Benchmark? After running it several times in a row, do the frame drops die off and you get a solid 60 FPS average, or does it constantly persist?
Thank you for the reply man.

To answer your questions in order:
    Yes, everything up to date.

Yes. Same as 1.

Yes, just checked again.

No, unfortunately not. And here is why. Every since I got GeForce Exp some friends told me not to optimize games through GeFExp, since according to them it would hurt the games performance. (In that case it was about optimizing Tekken 7, which runs absolutely fine)
    Are they talking nonsense? Can I optimize my games without fearing any more framedrops or perfomance issues in general?

Actually not, but Ill give it a try.

• For the frame drops, what happens when you run the game's Benchmark? After running it several times in a row, do the frame drops die off and you get a solid 60 FPS average, or does it constantly persist?

Well it always shows me a solid 60fps (sometimes the average of 59fps, but rarely)
    I activated steams fps counter and during gameplay I notice the counter going from 60 to 55.
    I tried to adjust the graphics in order to do something about it. No motion blur and instead of very high settings i went to high or medium for some settings.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
PC version is terrible right now... bad performance (even 1070), permanently network desynchronization, bugs and easy to hack to all cosmetics - nice "work"

Immortal

Blind justice....
PC version is terrible right now... bad performance (even 1070), permanently network desynchronization, bugs and easy to hack to all cosmetics - nice "work"
That's not true.

People should stop judging port as a whole by their own experience. In reality game works very well for like 95% of players. It will never work great for all. Way to much variables on PC.

And the arguments "but it worked fine before patch". " i can play X game in Y resolution with 60 fps just fine" etc... means nothing.

Raider

Noob
That's not true.

People should stop judging port as a whole by their own experience. In reality game works very well for like 95% of players. It will never work great for all. Way to much variables on PC.

And the arguments "but it worked fine before patch". " i can play X game in Y resolution with 60 fps just fine" etc... means nothing.
How do you know that it works well for 95% of the players? How can you even write this?
Last 2 patches introduced major performance issues and it's still like that for me and other players. Before that game worked flawlessly. Stop defending them when so many players with high-end PCs are reporting these performance issues. "They are minority", even if they are (and they are not), we are talking about something that was added to the game with the patch. Ppl with 1060, 1070, 1080... etc. should not have these issues.

Constant hiccups when going from gameplay to cinematic, random fps drops to 34 or 45 fps for example, major performance issues when some effects are on the screen, worse performance in the Krypt... i repeat, nothing from what i wrote was happening in the first month. They clearly messed up something 2 or 3 patches ago.

Last edited:

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
I have green perfomance before patch and yellow after. I play with friends and, at least, half of them have a technical problems with that port

Immortal

Blind justice....
Two of my friends i used to play with are also complaining about the performance issues and desync.
Instead of improving performance they made it worse.
They didn't, people are so focused about what they got or few people they know got. From dev standpoint you're always looking at a bigger picture. If something makes the whole game run better for like 90% then it's a go.

There were always problems and there always will be but from like lets 3K pool right now, how many have serious problem? 5% tops (probably less) and thats a good outcome. Not to mention some of the problems are user related.

The "few" who have problems always scream the loudest, especially on Steam forums. Sad but true.

Last edited:

Raider

Noob
They didn't, people are so focused about what they got or few people they know got. From dev standpoint you're always looking at a bigger picture. If something makes the whole game run better for like 90% then it's a go.

There were always problems and there always will be but from like lets 3K pool right now, how many have serious problem? 5% tops (probably less) and thats a good outcome. Not to mention some of the problems are user related.

The "few" who have problems always scream the loudest, especially on Steam forums. Sad but true.
Are you seriously denying that they ruined the performance when releasing one of the patches and calling it issue for few only?
I pre-ordered this game and i am playing it since day one.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Are you seriously denying that they ruined the performance when releasing one of the patches and calling it issue for few only?
I pre-ordered this game and i am playing it since day one.
Ruined? They didn't ruin shit, there was one patch which decressed performance do to increasing rollback so people with potato PC would stop whining about desyncs every game which later was semi reverted.

Didn't do nothing for me, even with that patch before reverting it still worked just fine for me (and i play at 4K with everything maxed) and people i play but it doesn't matter, coz again it's a small pool of people.

In general perspective once more - you have on avarage 2-5k players online - how many of them have problems? 5% tops, less if we go by how many actually write about it. There is no denying that the game is working just fine for most people.

Last edited: