What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

Raider

Noob
Aaaand another one:

• Fixed a major source of desyncs that would occur in Group Battles
• Fixed a crash in Group Battles that could occur sometimes when pausing and activating modifiers
• Fixed an issue that would prevent calling another player for help in a Tag Battle/Group Battle while using the keyboard
• NVIDIA Highlights and NVIDIA Ansel are now available to all players with compatible NVIDIA GPUs. NVIDIA Highlights automatically captures key moments, ensuring that your best gaming moments are automatically saved. NVIDIA Ansel is a powerful photo mode that lets you take professional-grade photographs of your games.
• Fixed an issue that could cause players to die twice in a row when failing a puzzle in the Krypt
• Players will now be prompted to perform a benchmark before starting an online match in Towers of Time
• Previously purchased DLC will now be displayed as unavailable in the Store
• Several issues with TAA were addressed in a previous patch
• Mouse cursor is now displaying correctly while in a menu in the Krypt
• Several UI fixes
• Several minor mouse/keyboard input fixes

A new patch was released on PC yesterday:

Hello all,
Here are the patch notes for today's patch!

• 60 FPS mode – In PC Features, we have introduced the option to turn on 60 FPS in Menus and during Cinematics (Intros/Victories, Krushing Blows, Fatal Blows, etc) and in Krypt separately. We have set this default to ON for Menus however you have to switch the option to ON for the Krypt, as is only recommended on high end configurations.

• Missing reflections – We have introduced the option to turn on/off reflections.

• Crash fixes for users who have crash on launch issues. We are working on other similar issues, so we will keep updating the game with fixes for users who report their crashes to us.
- issues caused by outdated Radeon drivers should no longer occur
- game crashing on launch/during gameplay cause by drivers for unusual controllers, should no longer occur
- game not launching, issue cause by a fault library file, should no longer occur

• Players frequent disconnects –adjustment that should resolve the issue of frequent disconnects for some users

• Fix to Frost Whirring Drill graphical glitch when TAA is disabled

• Localization updates

• Minor fixes for mouse and controller inputs

• Various balance changes (correction - there were no balance changes in this update. Apologies!)

We are also taking measures that target potential cheaters and cheat engines. Also, as always, please make sure you download and install the latest graphics drivers.

Link here.

So for the first time ever, and on PC only, Intros, Fatal Blows, etc. are unlocked from 30 FPS. I never expected that to happen.

still desyncs online, crashes even more in different modes, my hope is no more
I can't speak for Online as I haven't played Online yet, but I only had one or two crashes to desktop very early on, related to Controller swapping. The port is absolutely fantastic from my experience.

still got the artifacts and the game still have the shrine duplicates issue but thats not just pc
The artifacts are on console as well you mean, or just the shrine duplicates? The latter we know is across the game as a whole and is being addressed in an upcoming patch.

I've been noticing the artifacts a little more, but still nothing too crazy on my end. While I'd like to see them gone, they're so rare for me that they don't bother me personally.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
The artifacts are on console as well you mean, or just the shrine duplicates? The latter we know is across the game as a whole and is being addressed in an upcoming patch.

I've been noticing the artifacts a little more, but still nothing too crazy on my end. While I'd like to see them gone, they're so rare for me that they don't bother me personally.
I have noticed artifacts a lot mostly bright red with 3 different gpus but after this patch it seems 80% better or I havent played on the stages that trigger it more often.

I have noticed artifacts a lot mostly bright red with 3 different gpus but after this patch it seems 80% better or I havent played on the stages that trigger it more often.
For me, they're always white or green, though I haven't noticed a pattern or been able to reproduce them on-demand myself.

Xzyj

Noob
I can't speak for Online as I haven't played Online yet, but I only had one or two crashes to desktop very early on, related to Controller swapping. The port is absolutely fantastic from my experience.
that's kind of the problem though, don't you think? It's a fighting game and it's supposed to be good experience while playing against other people and practicing, but instead you play vs people and randomly get desyncs, and since a lot of players mostly play casually and grind for costumes, play towers and farm krypt it's not something devs will see too much in comments and pay too much attention to.

no artifact is pc only , but the duplicates is all platforms

that's kind of the problem though, don't you think? It's a fighting game and it's supposed to be good experience while playing against other people and practicing, but instead you play vs people and randomly get desyncs, and since a lot of players mostly play casually and grind for costumes, play towers and farm krypt it's not something devs will see too much in comments and pay too much attention to.
Absolutely, if Online is desyncing regularly, I'd say that's an issue and one that should be addressed. I know they released a patch that was supposed to improve things, but I'm not sure if they're still working on it or not.

Have you submitted a ticket with full details and such? It doesn't hurt to provide them as much info as possible.

Xzyj

Noob
Absolutely, if Online is desyncing regularly, I'd say that's an issue and one that should be addressed. I know they released a patch that was supposed to improve things, but I'm not sure if they're still working on it or not.

Have you submitted a ticket with full details and such? It doesn't hurt to provide them as much info as possible.
yeah i did and a while ago, didn't get any response, same for reddit topics

yeah i did and a while ago, didn't get any response, same for reddit topics
For the tickets, I recall there being an option to request a reply, otherwise they wouldn't and would take your ticket as info provided only.

You can also reply to your ticket and request a follow up, updating with any new info or details you've had since then.

Xzyj

Noob
For the tickets, I recall there being an option to request a reply, otherwise they wouldn't and would take your ticket as info provided only.

You can also reply to your ticket and request a follow up, updating with any new info or details you've had since then.
I appreciate your reasonable responses but i'm out of hope for anything coming from my feedback and pretty tired of not being able to just play the game how it was intended to play after a month from launch

Raider

Noob
Played maybe 8 online matches today and 3 or 4 desynced mid match. This wasn't happening for me before 60fps patch. I disabled 60fps but issue is still there.

I appreciate your reasonable responses but i'm out of hope for anything coming from my feedback and pretty tired of not being able to just play the game how it was intended to play after a month from launch
No worries man. Hopefully a patch comes out soon that can address things properly.

No problems with the game for me (1070/8Gb | i7 8750H/16Gb @ 3.3Ghz) so far, and much better (performance-wise) than NRS's last two dubious offerings. Of course, I could not give two squirts of piss about "muh 30fps Fatal Blows" (was bought up on 30fps fighters -- not brainwashed by hardware corporations / infinite growth capitalism -- did not even notice it -- do not look at the screen during FB animations).

The best part is, however, whatever quirks the PC format may or may not have (when compared to homogenised consoles), it has the versatility to help players play the games as they should be played (...as distinct from content-gated grind fests, for example), which supersedes the "third class citizen" meme that the must'tard racer chorus often sperg in castrato falsetto.

@Scheme Kahn't I agree that removing the frame cap on cinematic moves was not an essential thing at all, but it is a welcome surprise and even more importantly, a direct example that WB Games and QLOC are listening to their customers concerns and requests. That overall bods very well for the support of the PC version of the game, and shows it's in a better overall state from so many angles compared to the last two PC offerings in the franchise.

The bugs I'm currently experiencing myself are:

• On occasion, the music will not play when performing a Fatality.
  • On rare occasions, the stage's music will not play at all. This has only occurred to me on the Prehistoric stage, and is very rare.
  • With the new patch, some intros when set to 60 FPS, the first character to speak will not move their lips. This only appears to occur for characters with normal mouths. So Baraka will always move his mouth, Johnny Cage, Raiden, Liu Kang, etc. will not move their lips in the first line.
  • On rare occasions, I see green or white artifacts pop up for a frame or so in-match.
All of these items to me are completely minor, and the first two I have reported to WB Games Support.

I have not yet played Online, only Offline, so I can't comment on Online performence first hand.