What's new

PC Players getting shafted again apparently.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Generally, they don't give a shit. Everything they release at console they sell it as PC ports only as digital. EGS? Steam? Origin? Fuck them all. We need the physical edition, and not this fucking digital one. The candy of the digital sellings is already old and rotten, and we're fed up with this bs.

As PC gamers who are more than console players in populace gotta riot against all companies that sell them at digital.

https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/store/releasing

Release Yourself When Ready
Once your page has been approved, you will need to use the green "Release App" button that appear on the top of your product landing page in Steamworks at the time you wish to release your title.

Approved titles will not release themselves -- you need to use these controls yourself at the moment you wish your product to be released. You can check our Release Options documentation for more information on the types of releases we support.
https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/store/types

Full Release
If your title is approved for full release, then the controls will say "Approved For Release". Click "Release App" to proceed and view release details before confirming.

Selecting "Publish Now" from the subsequent options will kick off your full release and will make your product immediately playable for customers. Your title will then appear in the store as fully released. To learn more about visibility at launch, please see Visibility on Steam.
That's directly from the Steamworks documentation.

feedyourcatbro

Meow Lin
we don't know for sure. I'm sure it's case by case. But WB has no reason to want it to unlock so late on PC. Steam just F'ing up the release time makes more sense than WB saying "you know, let's not do a midnight release on PC." I can't remember MKX's release time and I didn't pay attention to Shadows of War. Does WB have a history of this on Steam?

I mean, I've seen some release times be at 10am, some at 2pm... Why would those games be so negligibly different?
So, yes. They do. WB with the Arkham franchise made a metric ton of money with Steam, even moving away from exclusivity with GFWL (smart) to do so. The developer can choose when, date and time, their game is released and when pre-loading goes up as well. It's not malicious, no one rightly thinks NRS/WB got money from Sony and Microsoft to delay the release or anything, it was just that someone forgot to spend the 3 minutes to manually set the release time.

Also for what it's worth, the PC crowd (myself included) is very nervous after having dealt with High Voltage Studios doing the port of MKX. Their continued idiocy made it so that fixes only came with DLC patches, which were still weeks behind console. It's not that we're rioting to get NRS to fail, we're just worried because this very glaring oversight is a step down an all too familiar path.

Raider

Noob
It's usually like that for most of the games on Steam if game doesn't have a midnight launch. Which is up to the publisher, in this case WB, not Steam.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Generally, they don't give a shit. Everything they release at console they sell it as PC ports only as digital. EGS? Steam? Origin? Fuck them all. We need the physical edition, and not this fucking digital one. The candy of the digital sellings is already old and rotten, and we're fed up with this bs.

As PC gamers who are more than console players in populace gotta riot against all companies that sell them at digital.
All of which sounds backwards because why would you need to buy an online game offline to get the best deal lol.
Physical copies need to get shipped to retailers to be sold, while digital copies are technically unlimited and all they need to do is put them on a server.
It makes no logical sense that digital versions are the least favourable.

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
ok ok, I'll accept that the unlock time was WB's doing, or lack of doing.

Also for what it's worth, the PC crowd (myself included) is very nervous after having dealt with High Voltage Studios doing the port of MKX. Their continued idiocy made it so that fixes only came with DLC patches, which were still weeks behind console. It's not that we're rioting to get NRS to fail, we're just worried because this very glaring oversight is a step down an all too familiar path.
But wasn't MKX on PC much better once QLOC took over? Not great/comparable to console perhaps, but still better than when it was under High Voltage. I have faith in QLOC to not completely F things up.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
ok ok, I'll accept that the unlock time was WB's doing, or lack of doing.

But wasn't MKX on PC much better once QLOC took over? Not great/comparable to console perhaps, but still better than when it was under High Voltage. I have faith in QLOC to not completely F things up.
Injustice 2 was a decent port.

The problem here is that the continued incompetence makes PC players shy away from the game and so even those who would play it, eventually either buy a console or just go and play something else in lack of any competition.