What's new

PC issue

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
so, my pc seems to keep giving me a notification that it need to repair the drives.....but everything seems to be working fine, and so everytime i restart the computer it run's chkdsk which only seems to take a moment, which is weird because chkdsk usually takes a while, and then everything starts like normal, and yet i still keep getting that repair drives notice. Nothing that i usually do is out of the ordinary, i can open my files like usual, play on steam etc, yet my pc insists that the drives need to be repaired.....i don't get it :/

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
All I can say on the matter is when this started happening to me, it was kinda the beginning of the end for my hard drive. It just continued to get worse and worse for months. I ended up getting a new drive to run the OS on, and kept my 'failing' drive as a second drive, since I had all my important stuff on there. This was years ago. I'm still able to access all my files on the other drive, I'm even able to run steam games from it with no issues. No more error messages from windows either.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
well today so far, the repair drive thing isnt showing up, i mean i guess thats good? weird but good.

Aside from that, everything is functioning, i'm able to access my files and browse the net just fine.

i guess i better start backing up some stuff just in case, should i use a USB stick or something else to start backing up files? is there a good app i can use to store this stuff online?

tbh i been thinking of getting a new PC.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
2 free programs that might help are Advanced Systemcare and Driverbooster. They’re annoying and will try to get you to pay, but they’re both totally free and do a good job.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
2 free programs that might help are Advanced Systemcare and Driverbooster. They’re annoying and will try to get you to pay, but they’re both totally free and do a good job.
do they backup and store data online tho? or should i just use something like drop box?

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Sounds like the start of something possibly failing, either the hard disk or possible motherboard issues? (doubtful)

Double check with the programs above, and if you want update your drivers maybe.

As for storing you stuff online, there are some different options, windows back up manager, Drop box, I believe google has a service, and several more if you search online.

I'd look into getting an external hard drive and using your PC's back up manager to back up the files you want into the external.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
do they backup and store data online tho? or should i just use something like drop box?
No, they might fix whatever is causing that issue. If you need to back up data, use Dropbox or Google Drive. With Advanced Systemcare, you can just check all the services and click Run, and it will scan for and fix all kinds of issues on your computer.