What's new

Patch Notes for Red Hood (Updated 4/19/2018)

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
This thread will be updated as the new patches and hotfixes are released. History of patch notes and changes will be saved here for future reference. Changes that hold no relevance to competitive play will be highlighted in red.

Patch Notes:

Version 1.06 (6/30/2017)
  • Hammer Fury (Hard, Hard, Medium while Electric Hammers is active) starts up 1 frame later
  • Fixed bug that could sometimes cause Supermove to auto-correct after the cinematic
  • When Low Spin Parry is active Red Hood is now considered to be ducking
  • Quick Shot Character Power can now be clashed
  • Shrapnel Blast Gear Ability can now be clashed
  • Shrapnel Blast damage decreased to 6% base damage (from 10%)
  • Shrapnel Blast MeterBurn damage has increased to 10% base damage (from 6%)
  • Akimbo Blaze MeterBurn Gear Ability is now recovers 23 frames faster
  • Gutted MeterBurn Gear Ability is now +8 on hit (from -14)
  • Ground Mine and Ground Mine MeterBurn can now only be parried by low projectile parries, and not all projectile parries
Sources: Click here

Version 1.07 (7/31/2017)
  • Fixed bug causing Ground Mine explosion to have interactable properties
  • Battle-Chain MB now has 20 advantage on hit (from 39)
  • Lethal Lunge now has 9 startup frames (up from 8)

Version 1.08 (9/5/2017)
  • Lethal Lunge Meter MeterBurn while Hidden Explosive Gear Ability is equipped now does 8 less base damage.
  • Akimbo Blaze & Akimbo Blaze MeterBurn Gear Ability now does 3 less base damage.

Version 1.09 (9/25/2017)
  • Fixed a bug which was causing the stat scaling on a few Rare quality items to roll higher than intended*

Version 1.12 (11/6/2017)
  • Victim region near the head adjusted slightly
  • Lethal Lunge Meter Burn base damage reduced by 1
  • Lethal Lunge has 5 more recovery frames on block and 5 less block stun frames
  • Lethal Lunge Meter Burn has its hit region adjusted, has 5 less recovery frames, 5 less block stun frames with reduced pushback, and 2 less hit advantage
  • Ground Mine base damage reduced by 2
  • Air Akimbo Blaze & Air Akimbo Blaze Meter Burn can now be clashed

Version 1.14 (12/21/2017)
  • Clashing with Ground Mine on screen will now cause it to disappear with a visual effect
  • The throwing stars from the "Puncture" Gear Augment will no longer appear during Supermove and Clash cinematics

Version 1.15 (2/7/2018)
  • Fixed a bug causing Under the Hood (Hard, Medium, Hard) to sometimes be a hard knockdown against an airborne opponent but always allow a roll against a grounded opponent.

Version 1.19 (4/19/2018)
  • Slightly adjusted Hit Region of Quick Strike (Down + Light)

Last edited:
Ok I'm just a beginner at this game but the first part where it says Hammer Fury starts up 1 frame later....... that's considered a nerf, right?

Crusty

Ok I'm just a beginner at this game but the first part where it says Hammer Fury starts up 1 frame later....... that's considered a nerf, right?
Well, yes and no.

Hammer Fury is the third hit of his 3,3,2 command string in his Electric Hammers stance. So if I input the 2, it now starts up in 21 frames as opposed to 20 prepatch.

This wasn't a nerf per se, it was more of a "why bother" change. The gist of this patch was to fix bugs and correct movelists. My only problem with this is why bother because if you're not gonna, do it with every move.

Last edited:

Crusty

Well.. MB restand feels extremely useless now.
The interesting part about it was the interactable setups weren't guaranteed. It was a guess, which doesn't sound any less broken in this context.

It's understandable at the end of the day. I feel while it's bad for going for a mixup without eating armor, we can still get some chip off this in the right scenario.

I dunno, I need to further test what we can and cannot do.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
The interesting part about it was the interactable setups weren't guaranteed. It was a guess, which doesn't sound any less broken in this context.

It's understandable at the end of the day. I feel while it's bad for going for a mixup without eating armor, we can still get some chip off this in the right scenario.

I dunno, I need to further test what we can and cannot do.
I mean we can get some strings off of it like b1, and b2 so that's something. Can't do jump in jails now though.

Crusty

Updated with October patch notes. While it is pointless to mention this, discuss.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Updated with October patch notes. While it is pointless to mention this, discuss.
I have something to say to you, so hear me through this.
I also read TG and never expected to see someone else to be reading it.

(I still haven’t bought RH, ultimate pack is too expensive)

Crusty

I have something to say to you, so hear me through this.
I also read TG and never expected to see someone else to be reading it.

(I still haven’t bought RH, ultimate pack is too expensive)
Dm me about anything off-topic please

Last edited:

Icefyre

Shadows
Patch notes for the november update added. Discuss.

@Error @Alien Substance @Icefyre @DarksydeDash
I was honestly surprised by the nerf to the damage on his mine. I understand the nerf to the lunge, both on the frames and chip damage. The numbers were small nerfs but they add up a bit.

I don't know. It mostly seems like I'll play him exactly the same way. It doesn't look to me like he'll be too different, just slightly less damage.

Crusty

I was honestly surprised by the nerf to the damage on his mine. I understand the nerf to the lunge, both on the frames and chip damage. The numbers were small nerfs but they add up a bit.

I don't know. It mostly seems like I'll play him exactly the same way. It doesn't look to me like he'll be too different, just slightly less damage.
I honestly don't care about the nerfs themself. More like the indirect consequences of them.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
I dont think he will be bad , just not top 5 anymore. Now we just need to be more careful when to lunge .

Icefyre

Shadows
I honestly don't care about the nerfs themself. More like the indirect consequences of them.
Do you really see him changing much from these changes? It's mostly just nerfs to damage. His lunge will be different, but I was never one to spam it myself, so it doesn't affect me much.

Crusty

Do you really see him changing much from these changes? It's mostly just nerfs to damage. His lunge will be different, but I was never one to spam it myself, so it doesn't affect me much.
I want to refrain from any patch talk until I grab the version and play it for myself.

Let's just say it has everything to do with his hitbox issues which were overlooked. Again, I dunno for sure. But I reserve judgement.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
They gave him a slap on the wrist. I was expected like a mine cool down, Unsafe MB lunge, Etc.

They did a good job in my opinion because they kept what makes him good.

This is nothing we cannot deal with. As we are to be cautious with laying out Landmines, we now have to be careful with regular Lethal Lunges and keep a bar on hand for the Meter Burn. I wonder how much less pushback there is on the Meter Burned version -- dishing out the chip damage and experiencing the safety of it is the key to happiness in Injustice 2.

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
This is nothing we cannot deal with. As we are to be cautious with laying out Landmines, we now have to be careful with regular Lethal Lunges and keep a bar on hand for the Meter Burn. I wonder how much less pushback there is on the Meter Burned version -- dishing out the chip damage and experiencing the safety of it is the key to happiness in Injustice 2.
Pushback change seems negligible. I also still think the meter build nerf is less consequential than it was for Batman or Deadshot.

FutileDede

True Empress
The nerfs hurt they shaved of like 2 - 3% per combo, not sure why he was already a low damaging character cobo-wise. Meter build is worse now that added with the fact I need the meter to make lunge safe now more than ever.
I don't know if he is still top 10 as he gets outdamaged by most.