What's new

Patch Notes for Red Hood (Updated 4/19/2018)

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
As I said, I'm really glad they kept the character intact. From my perspective, he was a very solid character as a base and a single change could potentially kill the character (ironically again).

Looks like they just reduced his meterless gain (which is fine) and his damage was only high when he incorporated multiple mines in combos.

This does not change the fact that he can melt a life bar very quickly with setplay or threaten with lunge in neutral.
All it takes is 3 connecting corner hard to blockable loops for easy 80%.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
True and true, but double mine combos did no damage. Unless it was from a htb, then I'd understand.

They fixed his 32 to stop whiffing on females too.

Meterless lunge is -23 and the blockstun has been reduced too. So unless your opponent is mentally incapacitated, I doubt that.
Well.. So much for lunge trolling

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
True and true, but double mine combos did no damage. Unless it was from a htb, then I'd understand.

They fixed his 32 to stop whiffing on females too.

Meterless lunge is -23 and the blockstun has been reduced too. So unless your opponent is mentally incapacitated, I doubt that.
Are you completely sure about 32 not whiffing on females i just played a wonder woman yesterday and i think it whiffed as usual but it might not have noticed. Gonna test it when i get home, if this is true i am not gonna mind all these nerfs as much because that string wiffing was really annouying to me

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Are you completely sure about 32 not whiffing on females i just played a wonder woman yesterday and i think it whiffed as usual but it might not have noticed. Gonna test it when i get home, if this is true i am not gonna mind all these nerfs as much because that string wiffing was really annouying to me
3,2 still whiffs on crouching Wonder Woman.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Odd.

When I asked raiderhorn about that, he confirmed it didn’t.

Could be a misunderstanding.

Crusty

Sigh...

To address this supposed issue. I'll quote @Alien Substance

3,2. Tested on crouching stance blocking female fighters. The primary concern is the second hit whiffing on females. Three ranges: Arm's Distance (AD,) Spaced, & Whiff 3 (W3.)

On Starfire: AD, 2 is blocked; Spaced, 2 whiffs; W3, 2 is blocked.
On Supergirl: AD, 2 is blocked; Spaced, 2 whiffs; W3, 2 is blocked.
On Wonder Woman: AD (touch distance in her case,) 2 is blocked; spaced any further than touch distance, 2 whiffs; W3, 2 is blocked.
On Cheetah: AD, 2 is blocked; Spaced, 2 whiffs at the low point of her breathing animation; W3, 2 is blocked.
On Poison Ivy: AD and Spaced, 2 is blocked; max distance 3, 2 whiffs inconsistently, (probably whiffs at the lowest point of Ivy's breathing;) W3, 2 is blocked.
On Harley Quinn: AD and Spaced, 2 is blocked; near-max distance 3 to W3, 2 whiffs if Harley is at the low point of her breathing animation.
On Catwoman: AD, 2 is blocked; Spaced, 2 whiffs; W3, 2 whiffs at the lower point of CW's breathing animation.
On Black Canary: AD, 2 is blocked; Spaced & W3, 2 whiffs if Canary is not at the highest point of her breathing animation.

Note: Seemingly inconsistent results can be investigated by paying attention to how their idle animations move them. It is important to vary the timing in case the blocks are done in sync with the animations. Fighters like Starfire and Wonder Woman have nearly non-existent upwards and downwards movement during their idle crouching animations, and this leads to the relatively consistent results against them. Note Two: Supergirl almost slips by like Wonder Woman does, but it seems that 2 manages to catch her during the later active frame at AD and while beyond touch distance. If this is truly the case against SG, the string is at least -6 on block instead of -7 when that happens.

My conclusion: 3,2 is partly fixed. Let us rejoice in this progress.

Crusty

OP updated to include version 1.14.

Discuss, though I dunno if anything is worth discussing.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
You want me to add you to the RH discord to discuss?
Why not have the discussion here? I use the discord for red hood as well and think discord is a valuable resource, but I don’t like to see discussions stopping here to be moved over to another service. It’s a big reason tym is seeing low levels of activity.

Discussing tech and patch changes should absolutely continue to happen on tym, as well as discord. At least on here it’s easy to go back to.

Plus with the mobile app, the people keeping tym running are doing on they can to keep this a valuable resource.

Crusty

Why not have the discussion here? I use the discord for red hood as well and think discord is a valuable resource, but I don’t like to see discussions stopping here to be moved over to another service. It’s a big reason tym is seeing low levels of activity.

Discussing tech and patch changes should absolutely continue to happen on tym, as well as discord. At least on here it’s easy to go back to.

Plus with the mobile app, the people keeping tym running are doing on they can to keep this a valuable resource.
Because my character is too technical to keep his info in threads let alone to be discussed about.

He’s not a character with a one size fit all approach especially with knockdown routes.

And because there is so few of us RH players left so unless it’s REALLY important, I make it a rule not to post. Earlier during inception I made every effort to update what I can, but the general population on tym is just so unproductive and filled to the brim with aids that I adopted the new approach. Oh and people just have unoriginal opinions and refuse to discuss why they think certain mus are x and not y.

That and I’m busy in my final year so I try to talk in real time rather than wait for a relatively nonexistent productive community to never read threads and concerns. Discord is a necessary evil but I still try to post if need be.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
Because my character is too technical to keep his info in threads let alone to be discussed about.

He’s not a character with a one size fit all approach especially with knockdown routes.

And because there is so few of us RH players left so unless it’s REALLY important, I make it a rule not to post. Earlier during inception I made every effort to update what I can, but the general population on tym is just so unproductive and filled to the brim with aids that I adopted the new approach. Oh and people just have unoriginal opinions and refuse to discuss why they think certain mus are x and not y.

That and I’m busy in my final year so I try to talk in real time rather than wait for a relatively nonexistent productive community to never read threads and concerns. Discord is a necessary evil but I still try to post if need be.
I guess my argument to that would be that the more technical a character is, the more I see a thread as a good way to host the information.

I don’t really think there’s is anything discussed on discord that can’t be discussed on tym, with the added benefit of when someone comes to tym, there is information here, not someone saying “time to lab” and then someone else saying “want to go to discord to discuss?” And then that information is not only not on tym but also buried 5 pages of text down on a discord channel.

Crusty

I guess my argument to that would be that the more technical a character is, the more I see a thread as a good way to host the information.

I don’t really think there’s is anything discussed on discord that can’t be discussed on tym, with the added benefit of when someone comes to tym, there is information here, not someone saying “time to lab” and then someone else saying “want to go to discord to discuss?” And then that information is not only not on tym but also buried 5 pages of text down on a discord channel.
I find things in real time and post them if need be. TYM forums as good as they are start to get very cloggy and slow my internet speed down when you house loads of info. I’ve contemplated posting things in a doc but with the 323 nerf I’ve pretty much been forced to restructure everything with his meta and what I can do. It’s not a good time to be a RH player atm.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
I find things in real time and post them if need be. TYM forums as good as they are start to get very cloggy and slow my internet speed down when you house loads of info. I’ve contemplated posting things in a doc but with the 323 nerf I’ve pretty much been forced to restructure everything with his meta and what I can do. It’s not a good time to be a RH player atm.
Yea man, I get it. Like I said, I am in the red hood discord. Your work and commitment to the char is pretty much unmatched and truly appreciated.

I am certainly not an anti discord fellow, I think its an awesome resource, but I don't want to see it kill other resources that IMO have their own practical uses. There is nothing wrong with discord, I just don't like discussion that could and should be happening on this platform pushed to another platform, because at the end of the day we all lose.

Crusty

Yea man, I get it. Like I said, I am in the red hood discord. Your work and commitment to the char is pretty much unmatched and truly appreciated.

I am certainly not an anti discord fellow, I think its an awesome resource, but I don't want to see it kill other resources that IMO have their own practical uses. There is nothing wrong with discord, I just don't like discussion that could and should be happening on this platform pushed to another platform, because at the end of the day we all lose.
You give me too much credit. It’s a community effort as we all chip things in.

But thanks regardless.

Online forums will be powercrept away from regardless. It’s just the nature of the next best thing.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
You give me too much credit. It’s a community effort as we all chip things in.

But thanks regardless.

Online forums will be powercrept away from regardless. It’s just the nature of the next best thing.
I really don’t believe it’s the next best thing. I think that forums still can maintain a high level of usability, people just want to communicate more quickly and easily. That to me doesn’t make it better tho.

For instance, if someone wanted to pick up mk9, or Zod from injustice 1, they could go on this site and get guides and tech and all types of info to learn the char.

One of 3 things will happen:

Online forums will continue to decline and in the future they will make a come back, either looking similar or new, but with the same ideas.

Online forums will continue to decline, and future generations will make due with the tools they have now even though they don’t offer some of the value of a forum

People realize they don’t have to choose one or the other and that they both are great and important for different reasons.

Seriously tym is awesome and can still be awesome if people invested the time and stopped funneling convos from one medium to another

Crusty

I really don’t believe it’s the next best thing. I think that forums still can maintain a high level of usability, people just want to communicate more quickly and easily. That to me doesn’t make it better tho.

For instance, if someone wanted to pick up mk9, or Zod from injustice 1, they could go on this site and get guides and tech and all types of info to learn the char.

One of 3 things will happen:

Online forums will continue to decline and in the future they will make a come back, either looking similar or new, but with the same ideas.

Online forums will continue to decline, and future generations will make due with the tools they have now even though they don’t offer some of the value of a forum

People realize they don’t have to choose one or the other and that they both are great and important for different reasons.

Seriously tym is awesome and can still be awesome if people invested the time and stopped funneling convos from one medium to another
It's not purely channeling from medium to medium, people have just become so incredibly insufferable on this site. Us in the RH forums especially avoid posting unless its important.

I don't fully believe in it'll effectively replace forums but people if people on this site stopped dickriding, trash talking and developed literacy and competency since a large amount of people just can't read if their lives depended on it. Others just start shit, troll, are unproductive or have a form of god complex. Shit like that gets me fed up. If the sheer level of that toxicity didn't exist right now, I'd post on my subforum more often.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
It's not purely channeling from medium to medium, people have just become so incredibly insufferable on this site. Us in the RH forums especially avoid posting unless its important.

I don't fully believe in it'll effectively replace forums but people if people on this site stopped dickriding, trash talking and seriously need to develop competency and literacy because a large amount of people just can't read if their lives depended on it. Others just start shit, troll, are unproductive or have a form of god complex. Shit like that gets me fed up. If the sheer level of that toxicity didn't exist right now, I'd post on my subforum more often.

I don't fully believe in it'll effectively replace forums but people if people on this site stopped dickriding, trash talking and seriously need to develop competency and literacy because a large amount of people just can't read if their lives depended on it. Others just start shit, troll, are unproductive or have a form of god complex. Shit like that gets me fed up. If the sheer level of that toxicity didn't exist right now, I'd post on my subforum more often.
My point to that tho would be, have we resolved to shit talking? Calling eachother names, putting words into each other’s mouths?

No we are just having discussion. And it’s possible. I get it, there are hella trolls. I just ignore them. It’s not worth the time. But real discussion is still possible, but stopping discussion one one medium to continue it on another absolutely stops that discussion from happening.