What's new

Patch Notes for Red Hood (Updated 4/19/2018)

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
The nerfs hurt they shaved of like 2 - 3% per combo, not sure why he was already a low damaging character cobo-wise. Meter build is worse now that added with the fact I need the meter to make lunge safe now more than ever.
I don't know if he is still top 10 as he gets outdamaged by most.
His combos are pretty much untouched actually.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
It went from dealing 100~ damage to 80, and gotham stars already deal 70~’ish damage and they’ll all the more be ready to dash up against mines etc...This also bopped our corner hard-to-blockable loops.

It went from dealing 100~ damage to 80, and gotham stars already deal 70~’ish damage and they’ll all the more be ready to dash up against mines etc...This also bopped our corner hard-to-blockable loops.
If opponents feel like disrespecting Mine mix-ups, check if the health trade is still in Red Hood's favor. If they repeatedly dash up against Mines with no regard for being caught in the explosion, the damage will add up over time, so they still cannot be too careless. Corner hard-to-blockable loops likely require about one more loop to deplete a health bar, but I haven't labbed to make sure of this. As far as I can tell, Red Hood players just have to think a little smarter to win a match now.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
If opponents feel like disrespecting Mine mix-ups, check if the health trade is still in Red Hood's favor. If they repeatedly dash up against Mines with no regard for being caught in the explosion, the damage will add up over time, so they still cannot be too careless. Corner hard-to-blockable loops likely require about one more loop to deplete a health bar, but I haven't labbed to make sure of this. As far as I can tell, Red Hood players just have to think a little smarter to win a match now.
Mine was fine as it was.It had it’s counters and counter reads.The nerf was totally uncalled for.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Now for chip dmg we need to do string into trait mb , mb lunge only to make it safe if its blocked not for chip dmg. Be happy we ended with this and not with deadshot or aqaman treatment. They could make mb mine not lunch anymore LOL

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Now for chip dmg we need to do string into trait mb , mb lunge only to make it safe if its blocked not for chip dmg. Be happy we ended with this and not with deadshot or aqaman treatment. They could make mb mine not lunch anymore LOL
This weakens our counter zoning game, I’m all down for a chip decrease but this is too much....
Mine will go from 9.0 base damage to 7.0(a two point decrease).A 22% damage reduction....for a move that is supposed to deal chunky damage.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Thats mainly just saucy. Everyone one else heee is chilll.
I’m chill about the rest of the patch though.Seeing that nice healthy damage chunk diminished still hurts.Maybe it won’t hurt as much as I thought.

So can we have 39 adv back on mb trait throw now that intractable have been nerfed? Who's going to pay a bar to guarantee a b2?

Can lunge go back to 8 frames since it just got nerfed on hit, block, and mb hit and mb block? On hit your +3 (a d1 when close), vs full combo punished on blocked. Honestly if you were going to spend the bar, use mb stars or mb.

How about making 32 (A MID...) hit all ducking characters (if they didn't already sneak that one in). I know it whiffed on WW and CW.

I'm ok with d1 having crap range (at least it's 6 frames), but for those who don't play the character, we have a giant gap in the neutral because it's to risky to throw out highs and all of our mids have no range, so you have to b2, but at 14 frames you'll find that you'll lose to just about every d2 and advancing mid in the game. So in the few situations we're plus, it's still a risk. FYI a safe lunge use to fill that gap...

Stars and shots are highs (duck and walk), bomb is react-able, don't ever jump, just block and walk forward, nothing pushes back. The only threat is a raw mb bomb, but if you block it, it's going to take hood 40 days and 40 nights to build that bar back.

Trait on block has one block string, couple frame traps (if that), a bunch of risk (big gaps), a little reward in the form a soft knockdowns.

Since we don't have a knockdown long enough for a bomb to explode, just about every bomb setup people think are broken is a gimmick can be dashed out of.

If we're just going to get nerf after nerf can we at least get a f2 or even s1 (just not b1) as a mid? Or reduce the gap the start on bombs? Trait block strings? A >20 frame overhead? Something...

Last edited:

Crusty

Let me look at this one by one.

So can we have 39 adv back on mb trait throw now that intractable have been nerfed? Who's going to pay a bar to guarantee a b2?
I honestly doubt they'll fix it considering it was plus enough to guarantee a htb prepatch. That being said, restand is super situational at best and useless at worst. It definitely needs to be better.

Can lunge go back to 8 frames since it just got nerfed on hit, block, and mb hit and mb block? On hit your +3 (a d1 when close), vs full combo punished on blocked. Honestly if you were going to spend the bar, use mb stars or mb.
I'm neutral about this one, but I suppose considering WoWo exists.

How about making 32 (A MID...) hit all ducking characters (if they didn't already sneak that one in). I know it whiffed on WW and CW.
32 is confirmed no longer to whiff on females.

I'm ok with d1 having crap range (at least it's 6 frames), but for those who don't play the character, we have a giant gap in the neutral because it's to risky to throw out highs and all of our mids have no range, so you have to b2, but at 14 frames you'll find that you'll lose to just about every d2 and advancing mid in the game. So in the few situations we're plus, it's still a risk. FYI a safe lunge use to fill that gap...
Nope, Red Hood needs a better d1. That is a must considering it whiiffs more than hits and against certain characters its absolutely unreliable. CW can b3 it. Its worse than triborgs.

Prepatch lunge was a coverup to his d1 and mids whiffing.

Stars and shots are highs (duck and walk), bomb is react-able, don't ever jump, just block and walk forward, nothing pushes back. The only threat is a raw mb bomb, but if you block it, it's going to take hood 40 days and 40 nights to build that bar back.
Red Hood's meterbuild (compared to batman) hasn't been hit as hard. But I'm going to have to double check.

Trait on block has one block string, couple frame traps (if that), a bunch of risk (big gaps), a little reward in the form a soft knockdowns.
Just because it has one blockstring doesn't make it bad. People literally don't know when its coming, thats why they don't backdash most of the time. Not to mention, the backdash in the corner gets eliminated. I would however suggest they make it better somewhat.

Since we don't have a knockdown long enough for a bomb to explode, just about every bomb setup people think are broken is a gimmick can be dashed out of.
Why aren't you using 323 for knockdown pressure?

If we're just going to get nerf after nerf can we at least get a f2 or even s1 (just not b1) as a mid? Or reduce the gap the start on bombs? Trait block strings? A >20 frame overhead? Something...
Listen, I know its hard to digest nerfs, but NRS but given this is their game, we can't do anything about it. I'll make a thread regarding what he needs, but this is way too early to judge.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Pls stop he will play the same as pre patch but with a bit less dmg. As for raw lunge , any good player would mb b3 that shit anyway if you get too crazy with it so this nerf should not be a problem . He will be high mid tier .

trufenix

bye felicia
Pls stop he will play the same as pre patch but with a bit less dmg. As for raw lunge , any good player would mb b3 that shit anyway if you get too crazy with it so this nerf should not be a problem . He will be high mid tier .
said the biggest deadshot nerf whiner

Crusty

So, thanks to some testing with @Raiderhorn

Red Hood now takes the following to build one bar:

For Stars -
On Whiff: 21
On Hit: 9
On Block: 9

For Mine:
On Whiff: 13
On Hit: 7
On Block: 5

Prepatch it was:

Stars
On Hit: 7
On Block: 7

Mine
On Hit: 6
On Block: 4

We got off with a slap on the wrist. @tafka Djinn @DarksydeDash

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
As I said, I'm really glad they kept the character intact. From my perspective, he was a very solid character as a base and a single change could potentially kill the character (ironically again).

Looks like they just reduced his meterless gain (which is fine) and his damage was only high when he incorporated multiple mines in combos.

This does not change the fact that he can melt a life bar very quickly with setplay or threaten with lunge in neutral.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
As I said, I'm really glad they kept the character intact. From my perspective, he was a very solid character as a base and a single change could potentially kill the character (ironically again).

Looks like they just reduced his meterless gain (which is fine) and his damage was only high when he incorporated multiple mines in combos.

This does not change the fact that he can melt a life bar very quickly with setplay or threaten with lunge in neutral.
Meterless lunge can be still made safe through conditioning via constant meter burns.They’ll expect the overhead mb and then we’ll get away regardless.

Crusty

True and true, but double mine combos did no damage. Unless it was from a htb, then I'd understand.

They fixed his 32 to stop whiffing on females too.

Meterless lunge can be still made safe through conditioning via constant meter burns.They’ll expect the overhead mb and then we’ll get away regardless.
Meterless lunge is -23 and the blockstun has been reduced too. So unless your opponent is mentally incapacitated, I doubt that.