What's new

Patch meta discussion so far, do you enjoy it? yes or not?

Do you like the game better

• Much better

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Not really

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Patch is on the right direction

Votes: 16 48.5%

• Total voters

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So it's been a week or almost a week since the patch dropped, and i wanted to know how are you guys seeing the game currently, if there is any shift in the meta anything you enjoy? As i know is hard to please everyone it would be interesting to see how TYM is currently seeing the game.

So here is my feedback of it now
I think this is the period of time i played the longest without getting bored since the release day, even with a character like Skarlet.

The game in general feels a bit more honest, and if its rewarding to hit that flawless block on jump ins and pokes and launch them for it.
With the Jump Kicks nerf a new meta comes in, since they need to Deep Jump kick a lot, now its possible to jump after they jump and as they do a deep jump kick, you do a jump in 2 right above them for a full combo punish, i'm not quite sure how many characters can do this, but it's definitely something Skarlet can do it, more so because jump kicks tend to aim down, which makes them vulnerable to it.
With tactics such as jumps ins being somewhat normalized it forces anyone to play the spacing game more, though its still a bit annoying in some specific cases, still:
I think this patch goes into the right direction, and if this is the meta that is trying to convey then it's working.
Had a chance to face Joker in KL and he doesn't feel as stupid as some characters, while he has range on normals and strings, it doesn't seem like these long range strings hit every angle of the screen like some chars in the past design, i just hope it doesn't sell the propaganda that Joker is weak, in fact, i do hope this a glimpse of how normals will be in a future patch.

If every other normal in the family that has range and ocupy space while advancing (i'm looking at you Kabal) could be what Joker can string is, i'm all in for it.

As always some suggestions that might or not happen but would be good to consider.
As a Skarlet main i think this change in meta makes her not the worst in the game anymore has she can control the ground much better now, so my list of key changes were reduced to 5 key changes and some minor fixes, below i explain why these 3 over the rest.

1. standing 1 jab needs to float them longer in the air: this would help her convert air damage much easily and make better combos from it in general across all 3 variations.
  2. Heart Pierce Reversal: changed from 9 to 7f startup: this would give Skarlet an identity, while Kabal is the character with no Gaps, Skarlet would be able to circumvent them in one variation forcing MUs to play around it.
  3. Allow Blood Trail amplified to capture: this would give Skarlet actual punishes, new combo routes at the expense of meter, this would also make her punishing game a lot more rewarding, specially fending off against those who can play often on her zoning blind spots. With this change amplified BF3 stays as it is and will still be used the same way.
  4. Make B1 15f from 19.
  5. teleport can no longer be hit when Skarlet silhouette shapes into blood: there are times we have already vanished but we're still hit by whatever move the opponent does, can't be used on reaction and it takes forever to recover as well on top of costing two bars now.
Minor fix: B1, 2 if hit max range second hit whiffs, maybe changing the animation of first hit to not whiff, same with b3, 4

universal
Give every character at least one 11f mid, this will fix lots of issues witht he poking game
Short ups: invincible vs lows, d1 specifically, this will add a new layer in the pressure game.

Jbog

Noob
It seems a little better but hopefully not too little too late lots of people seem to be bored as hell with this game cant blame um and i think a huge update needs, must happen for the fun factor of this game. I really enjoy it but it gets dry and repetitive all too quickly. Seems the old walk backwards injustice 2 feel is nrs new games

Komatose

The Prettiest
Love it. Especially the blood trail capture... I highly doubt they would take this route and it seems like NRS focuses on the characters we generally see in tournaments, nerfing or buffing them accordingly and the rest gets swept under the rug...

thlityoursloat

kick kick
u2 rebalance is a super welcome change to something that's been pissing me off since day 1. Good shit. Some are still too slow to be useful when FBing gaps like KK and Jax but meh.

I personally like the new patch quite a lot. :) Found myself liking the game more than I already did initially and I really think it's a step in the right direction.

All around, the game feels much more honest and it rewards defensive play better too. I find myself agreeing with a lot of your points too, man. I think my favorite thing about this patch is the change to fatal blows. I don't feel like they steal away games from me anymore and when I do get hit by one, I could tell that I was being too impatient or I used slow startup move to counter 'em.

Nevan_PTF

All your mains belong to me!
I personally like the new patch quite a lot. :) Found myself liking the game more than I already did initially and I really think it's a step in the right direction.

All around, the game feels much more honest and it rewards defensive play better too. I find myself agreeing with a lot of your points too, man. I think my favorite thing about this patch is the change to fatal blows. I don't feel like they steal away games from me anymore and when I do get hit by one, I could tell that I was being too impatient or I used slow startup move to counter 'em.
I really agree with, the paragraph in bold. I've found myself being rewarded for smart choices even when they have FB loaded. No longer "afraid" of pressuring, when I have the advantage, just because they can YOLO FB and win the game or comeback from a disadvantageous position, like being knockdown or plus frames on block.

It's definitely a step in the right direction but there's way more work to be done. Making geras less brain dead is always welcome. It still feels like more of the same. I was hoping a larger patch came with joker. Hopefully after pro finals. Don't even know when that is