What's new

Patch - bare minimum?

While they are at it, they definitely need to make a massive overhaul on how blockstuns work or should have worked, it seems NRS went from having massive blockstuns from not having it at all, i'm actually on a verge of making a thread explaining this and why its important for balancing and i'm not sure if i have a time to make a proper video about it.
Just wanted to give you a quick shoutout and say I've really enjoyed and appreciated the vids you've made thus far. Keep it up bud. And I agree with you. Block stun is whack in this game, lol.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
While they are at it, they definitely need to make a massive overhaul on how blockstuns work or should have worked, it seems NRS went from having massive blockstuns from not having it at all, i'm actually on a verge of making a thread explaining this and why its important for balancing and i'm not sure if i have a time to make a proper video about it.
If they increase the block stun, then they need to allow normal buffering. Having to memorize random timings off every move is incredibly annoying (and why they lessened, but did not get rid of, block stun in MK11. Everyone hated it).

I look forward to seeing your thread or video on the subject, though I am highly skeptical that MORE block stun is something to shoot for.

ZeroSymbolic

Social Justice Barbarian
I think the best way to go about this is to keep suggestions to universal options, and the character(s) you main. I'm just going to talk about my own stuff here.

Universal:
-Make it easy to practice tournament variations without having to create them in Kustomization. Most of us have fixed this manually, but it was dumb that we had to. Why on earth tournament variations were not default is something I will never understand.

My Main:
I main Cetrion. As of right now I feel that I have the tools to go 5-5 with the whole cast, I have to work. I feel like my character is in a good place and I wouldn't ask for any changes to her.

That's my own stuff, and I'm just gonna keep it to that for now.

I'd like more frame advantage on pokes so people who don't run a 9-10f mid can actually jail into highs even online and with a bit less effort offline.

More hitstun on those would probably do the trick though.

Also don't like the too low blockstun on shit like Kabal's low hookswords and a couple blockable command throws.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If they increase the block stun, then they need to allow normal buffering. Having to memorize random timings off every move is incredibly annoying (and why they lessened, but did not get rid of, block stun in MK11. Everyone hated it).

I look forward to seeing your thread or video on the subject, though I am highly skeptical that MORE block stun is something to shoot for.
Its a deal for 3, and you cannot have one and not having the rest.
Basically it works this way.
1.Attack gets blocked
2.game freezes for an instant (blockstun)
3.Both characters recover from it

The actual issue with MK11 now is phase 2, the amount of time the game stops to tell you have blocked a D1 or a F3 for that matter its kinda short and unreactive, Tekken 7 had this same issue with Claudio's Hop Kick which was -13 but was extremely dificult to fix it, what they did, was, increase the time claudio takes to recover, and subsequently increased the time you stay in the blockstun as well, so the animation takes longer but now its easily recodnizable and its still -13 because the amout of recovery was programmed so that a blocked Hop Kick from claudio would still be -13 but he would be mashing away until he feels like it.

So NRS needs to increase the time characters remains still for 3 frames when they touch something, and it needs to be on both ends, i know its kinda dificult to explain it by texts.

Sanjo

Noob
Its a deal for 3, and you cannot have one and not having the rest.
Basically it works this way.
1.Attack gets blocked
2.game freezes for an instant (blockstun)
3.Both characters recover from it

The actual issue with MK11 now is phase 2, the amount of time the game stops to tell you have blocked a D1 or a F3 for that matter its kinda short and unreactive, Tekken 7 had this same issue with Claudio's Hop Kick which was -13 but was extremely dificult to fix it, what they did, was, increase the time claudio takes to recover, and subsequently increased the time you stay in the blockstun as well, so the animation takes longer but now its easily recodnizable and its still -13 because the amout of recovery was programmed so that a blocked Hop Kick from claudio would still be -13 but he would be mashing away until he feels like it.

So NRS needs to increase the time characters remains still for 3 frames when they touch something, and it needs to be on both ends, i know its kinda dificult to explain it by texts.
Practice more. I can tell if it's blocked or not and I'm pretty sure that many can. Hit confirming d1, d3 or d4 is basic stuff.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Practice more. I can tell if it's blocked or not and I'm pretty sure that many can. Hit confirming d1, d3 or d4 is basic stuff.
have you ever asked yourself why is it that literally everyone says tick throws and pokes in this game are crazy?

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Its been said by us in the Johnny forums so much, but really the hitboxes are the main issue. Also maybe changing some of the KB requirements.

Having F2 being changed to a mid would also be great, but the first two are the main priority.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Hitboxes and KB requirement changes, plus SLIGHT changes to top tiers and low tiers. Hitbox and KB changes alone would probably shift the tier list quite a bit, so we need time to adjust before we can assess with certainty whether certain moves need to be changed at all.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I currently have no desire to play the game so it would take a lot tbh.

Fix hitboxes
Nerf Fatal Blows
Allow us to anti air everyone(Kabal included)
Massive Krushing Blow adjustments

As of now the game just isn't fun for me. Making those changes would go a long way.

Please, for the love of god, make Krushing/Fatal Blows not totally remove on screen buffs/debuffs/DoTs. It’s really tilting when Baraka’s flag just disappears on KB.

Fix erron black's big leg removing the crushing blow and letting this character be fair like the rest (majority of the cast does not have bullshut like that).
At the current state any animal who presses buttons without measuring consequences takes advantage in the game using erron and this is a fact.

Let the animation of the fatal vlows slower and harshly unsafe on block ( for any char).
Now people jusg press the button and "PLAAAAAA"....like....your despair was rewarded.
There has to be an animation before that....something...like the ultras on sf4.

Wigy

There it is...
Aside from obvious hitbox and balance.

No leaning back in d2 recovery
Overall blockstun on shit. There's punishable moves where people just mash d2 after cause they are used to everyone fucking the punish.

If something should be punishable just make it an easy punish no fucking around. Stuff like geras's U2 is one hit and comes out so fast it's like by the time you register you blocked it he's doing a d1

Rework characters who are just boring and linear as fuck. There's a whole bunch of them. Liu Kang needs gutted and completely changed.

It's just projectiles and one string.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
I guess bare minimum patch would be hit boxes but since they've been a problem in the past 2 mk games, I don't think they'll ever get fixed

Hitboxes is the main thing. D1 need to be more negative on block. Geras having a 6f d1 that is -10 means characters who got shafted with 8f pokes have 2frames to counterpoke. That shit is just annoying imo. I think pokes should be -7 or -8 depending on the poke and character.

Thats really it. I could petition for some changes to upper and lower tiers but id be ok with just pokes and hitboxes

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Fixing the hitboxes to make them more consistent is an absolute must

Beyond that, I'd also like to see them tone down (not gut) the top tiers while also lifting up some of the bottom tiers.

Also delete Erron Black.
These are my two biggest things. Hitbox stuff doesn't need an explanation but I can't stress enough that while I do think some of the highest tier characters need some tweaking, I do not want them to be destroyed into useless tier. I don't even play the high tier characters unless you consider Baraka one of them but I still don't want NRS to kneejerk them into garbage.

Same goes for the weaker characters, I would like to see them TWEAKED into being stronger, but not kneejerk buffed into being dumb.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Kitana's range is crying for help. Also the throw tech window is unreasonably small imo. I also agree with someone who posted fb should be only attempted once. If I was spoiled, speed up the slow mo effects to normal speed because they take so damn long