What's new

Patch 22/01/2020 - Kabal just got "buffed"!

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
This is interesting, however I think one of the general change jump back punch being more negative on FB is minus -3 so it should hurt way more

Surielx

Noob
Kabal got untouched again in today's patch and he is its winner. Next to Kitana. If J3 lands you get easy, no-meter 25% in Clean Cut. And you can do it on autopilot: J3, BF3, block. If they block yours J3, nomad dash will not occur and you are standing there blocking on -3. I've been doing just this string in the lab now for 20 minutes straight, laughing.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Looking at this individually, it's a great buff.

In context, with everything else done to jump attacks...it's cool, but not that much of a game changer.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Maybe in tournaments. Who's doing flawless blocks on jump ins in KL?
I mean if your chasing kabal it makes more sense to try and get it off now cause its punishable under the conditions of who lands a jump in on block and just blocks

Surielx

Noob
Looking at this individually, it's a great buff.

In context, with everything else done to jump attacks...it's cool, but not that much of a game changer.
Just do exactly the same thing you did before, except if they block your jump attack, the follow up will not occur. Condition yourself. You did J2,22 before? Do the same now but be ready to smash that block button if they block your jump attack. That's it.

Seobones

Noob
It benefits some character way more than other IMO.
Not everyone have a launcher special that connect after j.K or at all.

Surielx

Noob
It benefits some character way more than other IMO.
Not everyone have a launcher special that connect after j.K or at all.
This - exactly. Shang, Cassie (!), Scorpion, Baraka, Kabal, Sindel (not sure ?). But only for Kabal it doesn't require any meter, the rest has to amp special move to combo off it.

Last edited:
Sorry if this is the wrong thread for the question but how do you OS? I saw noble raptor's video but you don't input any extra button like he does

Vagrant

Noob
Sort of a misleading title but I noticed this OS as well yesterday. Kabal is definitely a char who benefits from this a lot.