What's new

Parry....no Rhyme or Reason.

WHYYYYYY? I thought only a Low or Jumping attack could interrupt a Parry? Jade obviously has some issues with her overall damage and dealing with people up close. A good Parry would benefit her greatly!!! Her Parry is wonky as it is.........probably the worst Parry in the game. Add to that....there seems to be no reasoning why her Parry works against some special moves and not others. Kano ball YES...Johnny cage shadow kick YES.......Liu Kang kick NO......Kitana square wave NO. What gives?? I haven't tested all the other characters/powers just because the Parry doesn't seem worth it just yet. Maybe it will be improved in the future. I sure hope so.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
I think the problem is how certain moves are tagged. Like Kano Ball isn't a jumping attack but it is airborne. So my guess is that either her parry is flagged to fail on airborne moves or some special moves like Kano ball are flagged as "jumping".

Also, has anyone ever landed her parry KB? I've never landed 3 MB parries in a match.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Even if they fix the startup, the animation is so freakin obvious with her outstretched arm, I feel it'll still be difficult to pull off.
Pretty much only good for baiting wake ups from kasual players.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
my favorite is when you use parry, hear Jade do her laugh and start wiggling her finger, and yet the parry still doesn't activate in time and she gets bopped by a normal (all while still laughing)

¯\(ツ)
That just sounds like roll-back netcode screwing you over.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I really only use it for wake up countering. And even then it’s unreliable. I’d prefer a scarlet version where you can hold it, or some bigger reward instead of a crushing blow after 3 and an amplify _

seanpon

Noob
i think her parry is only good for special canceling your normals into parry. But even then, it has to be a hard read. The good think about her parry is that it recovers in 7 frames, so your opponent needs to time the punish correctly to get the most damage out of it, unless of course they have a low starter that could lead to a full punish.

xTwdx

Noob
Also, has anyone ever landed her parry KB? I've never landed 3 MB parries in a match.
Only against a telegraphed Geras abusing his 6f D1 after everything he does or blocks lol. It's honestly such a terrible KB you'll almost never see it/use it.
The requirement is a bit ridiculous for the parries usability.
In the beta I use to think the KB for it was ridiculous as well having to hit the parry on its last active frame. But even then I seen that KB wayyy more than now and even now I hit the parry on what seems like the last active frame and imagine the beta.

The parry is not active very long at all and its hella wonky I sometimes even forget I have a parry.
I wish it had a more realistic requirement for the KB because the damage is great especially if you amplify it.
Right now I think it's one of the worse parries in the game or the worst the requirement doesn't fit honestly.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Jade's parry is rubbish. It's only good on very hard reads and good players will start baiting it. It's literally something you can catch an opponent offguard with once or twice in their lifetime.

I mean, there are 7f parries in the game that can blow up gaps and then we get this trash.

But no, Jade's great, Jade's fine, watch out the nerfmafia will jump you for saying she has problems.

I was playing last night and this guy kept doing wake up attacks. The only time I actually find Jade's parry useful is this situation. It's SOO Satisfying to actually get to use an amplified parry for once! I just wish I could use it all the time.......It Never hits for me if I do it at the end of a combo.....it doesn't last long enough....then she gets hit. Really wish I could just hold the Parry like Skarlett and continue the animation.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I think Skarlet may actually beat Jade.

Everything Jade does puts Skarlet in optimal position. Forward throw, back throw, shadow kick, staff spin...the only ender that's helpfull is her low projectile.

All of her other options puts Skarlet completely in her comfort zone. It's not ludicrous, but I feel like she wins here. She has the normals to contend. Jade cannot low profile Skarlets U3, so she has to rely on whiff punishing it with a shimmy which just gives skarlets a free back roll.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I think Skarlet may actually beat Jade.

Everything Jade does puts Skarlet in optimal position. Forward throw, back throw, shadow kick, staff spin...the only ender that's helpfull is her low projectile.

All of her other options puts Skarlet completely in her comfort zone. It's not ludicrous, but I feel like she wins here. She has the normals to contend. Jade cannot low profile Skarlets U3, so she has to rely on whiff punishing it with a shimmy which just gives skarlets a free back roll.
Air Glaive is massive leverage in that matchup. Otherwise, you want to be right inside of Close Swirly range so she can't use it against you and b3 stagger like you're fighting Scorpion. Backdashes don't work here, go full retard with ex glaive and ex air glaive for frame advantage and force her to take risks. Parry all her long range normals, they're all worse than 12f afaik.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Air Glaive is massive leverage in that matchup. Otherwise, you want to be right inside of Close Swirly range so she can't use it against you and b3 stagger like you're fighting Scorpion. Backdashes don't work here, go full (soap bar in my mouth) with ex glaive and ex air glaive for frame advantage and force her to take risks. Parry all her long range normals, they're all worse than 12f afaik.
I just realized I out that post in the absolutely wrong thread lol

Stanlos

Noob
WHYYYYYY? I thought only a Low or Jumping attack could interrupt a Parry? Jade obviously has some issues with her overall damage and dealing with people up close. A good Parry would benefit her greatly!!! Her Parry is wonky as it is.........probably the worst Parry in the game. Add to that....there seems to be no reasoning why her Parry works against some special moves and not others. Kano ball YES...Johnny cage shadow kick YES.......Liu Kang kick NO......Kitana square wave NO. What gives?? I haven't tested all the other characters/powers just because the Parry doesn't seem worth it just yet. Maybe it will be improved in the future. I sure hope so.
OMG!! Thank you for this thread!!!!!! I have been killing myself trying to find the timing against Liu Kang flying kick. Nice tp finally know it is just a no.

I got the timing down to parry throws but could not parry his stupid flying kick no matter what. Now I know.

And knowing's half the battle

OMG!! Thank you for this thread!!!!!! I have been killing myself trying to find the timing against Liu Kang flying kick. Nice tp finally know it is just a no.

I got the timing down to parry throws but could not parry his stupid flying kick no matter what. Now I know.

And knowing's half the battle
Glad my insanity with her parry could be helpful for someone! LOL......still wishing for a faster start up and a parry that is holdable.......i wont hold my breath though!