What's new

Guide - Kotal Kahn Parry everything!!! well...almost everything.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Do you know the inputs of these? he has so many ground moves and projectiles I'm not sure which your referring to.

thanks!
Pretty much every one of tremor's specials can be parried.
The only two that cannot are DD4 and Crystalline's summon krystal throw (DF3, F interactable button).
DD1 and air DD1 in aftershock can be parried.
Oh, and you're welcome.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Doge..Like no seriously Doge. WTF is this move. I am about to switch to Kotal and get my Evo Moment 37 going. You can parry into 46% one bar. And Kitana's damage was too high. I'mma show ya'll high alright. Also his 114xxxSun Stock is a safe way to get a charge, or use the others for meter or health. You can block whatevers next or in most cases punish the reversal with a parry that leads to 50% Like whatthefuck..

mkl

Poopbutt.

Not really anything we didn't know, but it's very fun to do and watch. After f34, two grab buffs, he can parry anything that can reach him as a wakeup (or block for shit he can't parry like Raiden's fly). Reptile's slippery slide is the only one that he has to EX Parry after the two buffs. Welcome to max grab buff + parry damage if this ever happens.

#JustOnYourKneesThings

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
@STB Hellbringer, enjoyed those Parry setups. Thanks for the vids. Btw, if Kotal is in the corner and you EN AA Grab someone, NJP first, to avoid the F2 whiffing, then continue the rest of the combo. For example, NJP, F2, 114 AA Grab for 38% (you can add another 1 in there, but it still does 38%) or, a bit harder to hit, NJP, F2, F2, B14, AA Grab for 40%. My favorite though is NJP, F2, D2, B14, AA Grab, as it leaves them in the corner, does 41%, and looks swag =)

I'm loving how the B1 change doesn't just make Kotal's neutral better, but also makes combos like the above possible/easier to hit. In BG, Totems are viable in most of his combos now. So awesome. Still not sure where the variation stands in a tournament setting, but man is it fun.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Just letting you guys know, if the opponents' projectile is fast enough when combined with spam (Kano's knife, Kitana's fan), you can get a 56.46% extra large cheese pizza with sun dried tomatoes with two parries, blood sacrifice and crystal totem.

TotallyNotKotalKahn

Low Tier Addict
I make an ex delivery for 40+% crystal ex blood sacrifice and a single parry. Killed the guy from about 30% health. It was delicious but i have a problem that i generally take a lot of damage getting set up, so i have been considering starting with obsidian to do the first couple parts of the setup (blood sacrifice mainly) block some to build meter while the obsidian runs out. once the obsidian runs out, pop crystal, counter then immediately ex pizza. Problem is that a lot of the spammy character projectiles like fans and knives can hit kotal before the projectile leaves his hand, thus eliminating the projectile. I have been thinking about how to get them to kind of stagger their attacks.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
johnny cage: the 113-nutpunch string. Nutpunch can be regulary parried unless he insta meterburns it when he uses 113-nutpunch. When nutpunch gets insta meterburned, he can parry the second hit but only ex parry after that string. When cage uses nutpunch outside of string if u parry the first hit the second hit wont come out and is punishable with f2. (he can punish every parried nutpunch with f2).The shadow kick can be parried aswell.

El_Rubio

Noob
Noob Question (as I am trying to learn Kotal) In order to parry the second hit of a string it needs to have a gap no?
(sorry for my English, I hope u understand my question)