What's new

Guide - Kotal Kahn Parry everything!!! well...almost everything.

El_Rubio

Noob
U can parry teleports! Wow it is kind of weird cause Kotal is facing to the other side of the teleport, but cool enough for me! lol

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Goros punchwalk isnt actually that hard to parry and u dont even need meter for it.
For full string u only need to parry 3 times (i tought u had to parry 5 times because its 5 hits but this isnt the case).
Anwyas it makes the mu alot more easy since u can also just parry once if he does punchwalk from midscreen.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Goros punchwalk isnt actually that hard to parry and u dont even need meter for it.
For full string u only need to parry 3 times (i tought u had to parry 5 times because its 5 hits but this isnt the case).
Anwyas it makes the mu alot more easy since u can also just parry once if he does punchwalk from midscreen.
good shit

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
EVO moment #37

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
I put together a lil video showcasing some of the big parries kotal can do. I don't think anyone really knew about the Johnny one. You can actually even backdash it with some chars. It doesn't have all of them obviously, but some pretty useful ones. Just so everyone knows (before I get "day 1" comments, I realize nothing in this video is new besides maybe Johnny.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Found this the other day, if Lao does a reversal regular spin he gets BLOWN UP. Pretty sure combo can be worked on for more damage but I see this one as practical.

Edit: 94% is the highest I was able to achieve. I added a D1

TotallyNotKotalKahn

Low Tier Addict
Hey i stole a setup from Mexorcist on reddit for a great totem + blood sac + counter setup. I did this one with blood totem because i wanted to see the meter and health bonuses. The post setup combo could be stronger but you get the idea.

Slavaslave

Professional Casual
I put together a lil video showcasing some of the big parries kotal can do. I don't think anyone really knew about the Johnny one. You can actually even backdash it with some chars. It doesn't have all of them obviously, but some pretty useful ones. Just so everyone knows (before I get "day 1" comments, I realize nothing in this video is new besides maybe Johnny.
The tanya rekka string is a bad example, it will only work if the player staggers the inputs quite a bit. If all three are buffered then it is too fast to be parryable

Hi guys I have a question about parry in general, I am sorry if it is written already just link it or answer it shortly.

Actually how many frames are the advantage after a parry in case of a string hit? Is it like a whiff (and not included block stun) in front of the opponent's face?

And how much damage boost is it Level1, 2, 3?
I can lab the 2nd question but if it is an easy answer just drop it please. :)

Thank you in advance.

Sooooo for you all that have the KP2 cast, anyone feel like sharing what strings (especially those with gaps) that can be parried and punished?