What's new

Paragon General Discussion Thread

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
What the title says. Discuss all things Paragon here.

Paragon is a 3rd person, cross-platform (PC and PS4) MOBA from Epic games (makers of Gears Of War). The game is free for PSN+ subscribers in July 2016 and will enter open beta in August (I think). Streamers have bots dropping early access codes every now and then, so no real money investment is required to get to try the game (At this point in time).

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Open Beta is now live... and more importantly, 54 views and no comments? Aawww come on don't be shy :D. Who are you playing as? Who are your favourite heroes and team compositions? What sorta decks are you running? What cards do you have in abundance and what cards are you lacking? What kinda bugs and glitches have you encountered?

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Downloaded it today, will make account tonmoorrow .looking forward to it

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Didn't know this had a thread.

Been liking it so far, they're steadily fixing all of my problems with the game as well.

I've been mostly addicted to playing Sevarog since I started playing last month. Dude is so fucking cool and fun.

A reaper/wraith/lich with a scythe is classic and cool and all, but one who beats people into a pulp with a giant-ass war hammer before siphoning their souls is deeply satisfying.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Played a couple AI games on PS4, looks and plays good! Will get a few more games in soon and check it out, first impressions though;
- The multiple height level map is crazy. One lane is higher than the others so can see people coming through the jungle to the lane, jungle is kinda underground in some places. Loads of chokepoints and ambushes can be set up and im sure i saw some character with a dash/leap jumping between the lanes.
- The visuals are really nice
- The speed buff you get for being out of combat is handy
- Tanks are tanky as fuck and really stick around in a fight forever
- Burst damage isnt really a problem but dps is really high for auto attack based characters if they get on you and keep hitting. Kiting/Peeling is really important.

Liking the melee characters at the moment as their AA animation is brutal and you get a lot of feedback from SMACKing someone about.

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
Grux (Rocksteady) is who I love to play as. Mainly due to the fact he has the dual attack ability and the stun grab ability. Just edit your deck with attack and attack speed and you should be mopping up matches in PVP.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Yeah I like throwing attack speed on Grux more than attack damage, feels like the boost from the former is a bit more noticeable on him than most melee characters.

I do recall reading on reddit somewhere a bit ago that not all of the characters scale the same with certain attributes.

---

I think i'm going to pick up Rampage, I his design was kind of "eh" to me but this new skin has changed my tune completely:

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
Yeah I like throwing attack speed on Grux more than attack damage, feels like the boost from the former is a bit more noticeable on him than most melee characters.

I do recall reading on reddit somewhere a bit ago that not all of the characters scale the same with certain attributes.

---

I think i'm going to pick up Rampage, I his design was kind of "eh" to me but this new skin has changed my tune completely:

Torr and Tremor merged as one. My God.

But yeah, attack speed means a lot I've noticed. Attack Damage means nothing if you can't even swing your weapon. I initially picked up Khaimera but his attack speed is shit. I might have to edit his deck because his passive ability is noice.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I just got out of a game were we were losing all team fights but xp as even due to harvesters, I was Riktor, the others were Narbash, Sparrow, Iggy and Sevarog, Enemy team had Grux, Sevarog, Iggy, Dekker and Khaimera, I decided to try out barrier of will. then there was a big team fight on OP creep, I popped the barrier of will and only Sparrow died and we wiped the enemy team, they surrendered after that :D

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Probably my favourite team combination right now is Steel + Grux + Gideon. The other two are kinda optional, I would probably throw Murdock in there out of all the carries, then either Feng Mao or a support. With both Steel and Grux being able to initiate and Gideon's ult to throw in there, as well as Murdock's or even Feng's ult, the wombo combo is really strong. Other really strong bro teams seem to be Dekker + Howitzer and Rampage + Muriel.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Torr and Tremor merged as one. My God.

But yeah, attack speed means a lot I've noticed. Attack Damage means nothing if you can't even swing your weapon. I initially picked up Khaimera but his attack speed is shit. I might have to edit his deck because his passive ability is noice.
Khaimera's base attack speed is kind of slow because he has an ability that gives him the highest attack speed in the game for a few seconds every few seconds. Give him a deck with good cool down reduction and you'll be slicing fuckers up like sashimi

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Just had my first game. No idea the mechanics, couldn't get my head around the shop either, but my experience with Moba's was enough to dive in and get playing. Mollywhopped some bots, I played Rampage, he was a ton of fun, his ultimate were he hulks out was dope for pushing and teamfighting

anyway, game seems good! definitely gonna stick with it a bit longer

Last edited:

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
Didn't know this had a thread.

Been liking it so far, they're steadily fixing all of my problems with the game as well.

I've been mostly addicted to playing Sevarog since I started playing last month. Dude is so fucking cool and fun.

A reaper/wraith/lich with a scythe is classic and cool and all, but one who beats people into a pulp with a giant-ass war hammer before siphoning their souls is deeply satisfying.
When ur a master Sevarog and you main Ermac in mkx

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
https://agora.gg/

Check out this site if you haven't, you can see everyones stats in there, as well as decks and Elo reached with specific decks. There is also a deck builder to share your decks with. However make sure the decks are relevant in the current meta and not too old before you copy them. Crit on melees is agreed to be useless, everyone decent builds armor so penetration is usually mandatory at least on physical damage heros. Some people are dropping crit entirely, even on carries, however I do still think you should have at least 12-15% to no more than 30%, (I use 21%-24%) crit on Murdock and Grim.exe and a card that gives the 50% dmg bonus on crits.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Armor in general is the most cost efficient stat right now, the new active armor shredding cards were introduced and some existing ones were buffed like Scourging tails, but armor didn't get nerfed. Physical armor is pretty much mandatory on everyone as team compositions tend to be 3 physical and 2 energy dmg mostly. If you are a carry or a caster you might only need physical armor, but tanks and fighters definitely need both armor types. You could potentially get away with building an assassin build with only physical armor on Khaimera, Feng Mao or Grux and still have both crit and pen if the enemy team is crap and don't ward and their energy damage dealers are bad.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Noticed your message @smokey on epic just now, I just made a sick deck for Grux, can't wait to try it, I got Rocket spike (45% physical armor shred on basic attack), Baneflesh (poison stacks on getting hit by basic attacks, poison prevents healing, great against Rampage and Khaimera) and Cup of the vampire (extra lifesteal vs bleeding targets the card also has 1p pen and 2p ls as placeholder) to play as situational 6p cards if I want to and I am using 13p (all atk speed) Bloodsoaked armor (bleed stacks on enemies when u get hit by basic attacks) and 11p (all dmg) Seek and Destroy (Bleeding enemies around you give increased movement speed and atk speed) I also got 10p Flashfire piston (3 strike, 3 atk speed, 2 strike) on it for early game use or keep if I want to, 6 point Tempered plate (1 guard and 2x 1p health) and 6 point Tuned barrier (3x minor barrier) and I can switch the flashfire piston for a 10 point Tempered plate (all guards or 3p health instead of 3p guard) late game and ditch the 6p Tempered plate and use my situational card.... aaaaand I got a major guard in the unallocated upgrade pool to throw on Bloodsoaked armor and replace a 3p kinetic if I do this.... Aaaaand I got a 14 point Assassin's ward (5p lifesteal, 4p penetration, 2p strike)that I am going to play regardless of what I do. Prime card is Warlord, consumables are health potion, mana potion and harvester's key.

I am pretty sure none of that made any sense, but I can share the deck on Agora.gg if I wreck everybody with it. Only problem is most of you probably won't have the cards to import the deck to your profile, lots of hard to get items in there.

If anybody wants to group up this weekend let me know. I've played on NA servers as well and the game runs pretty well for me in there as well despite the 150 ping.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
One of the biggest advantages of Corruption cards for junglers is the nothing short of awesome assassin's ward that allows you to slot lifesteal, penetration and damage. I only got Brawler's ward on my Khaimera deck, but I found that I can't actually switch anything out of my Rampage or Feng decks and not severely cripple the build, if your damage comes from different cards here and there, then you simply can't ditch Rust breaker or anything else for a universal ward card.

I hope someday they introduce a fighter/jungler with Order and Corruption affinites mmm.... (Drools) :D

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Yeah I really wish Rampage had Corruption instead of growth.

Mainly for that card that gives you stacking health regen for every enemy(including players and the minion bots) you kill based on that enemies' health percentage or something like that, for a few seconds. I like it on Sevarog, once you get enough damage and souls you're gonna be juicing larger and larger groups and you're gonna get a bunch of regen, letting you facefuck any enemy players trying to stop your push without you really having to flinch for a good while (If you have good defensive cards as well, including that card that gives you +15% healing received).

I can only imagine how Rampage would be with that much health regen on top of his already great regen passive.

Last edited:

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
The card you are talking about is Drink the spirits. Spiked boneplate and Thorned Greenweave are really great on Rampage, I wouldn't want him to have corruption instead of growth. I don't build any health on him, besides those cards I put 7p flashfire piston with all atk speed, 10p rust breaker with varying amounts of pen and dmg, 11p Gift of the rains (health and mana regen, 2p mana rest on heal), 12p Chronovore with all cooldowns (30% cdr total). Without Muriel in the party you can't really initiate without being CC'd and focused and you just end up wasting your ult without getting anything done, but for example if there is an orb prime dunk battle you have enormous "presence". The enemy tries to initiate you simply boulder the initiatior and he gets focused, you can't die when Muriel is there, you have too much dmg to be ignored, but even without ult you are too tanky to be killed, you can pounce away to regain health and mana and you get boulders very frequently. Only downside is that you don't really have any wombo combo potential. There was a game where I had Muriel as a teammate and there was a really long battle on the offensive dunk position, we kept fighting, eventually got the dunk but the enemy team and my team mates ended up dying but me and Muriel tried to push the dunk side lane, enemy Dekker was there to fight back, eventually the enemies respawned and tried to gank us 3v2, Muriel died but I ended up killing all 3 and then proceeded to dive and destroy the inhibitor. The whole sequence lasted like 8 minutes and I was the only one who never died or went back to regain health and mana.

A few patches back when Rampage's ult was 15 seconds instead of 12 and the 3rd level regen was 250 per second and not 200 I could pounce and boulder twice during the ult when I had blue buff :D

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I made some adjustments to the Grux deck I was talking about, it works great if you can catch at least 3 people with ultimate or double pain, I had Blinkshot as the 6p situational card. Especially with red buff it was easy to catch and kill fleeing enemies and you can also disengage quite nicely if things go sour.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
been playing this game alot. up to level 41 atm.
never really got into MOBAs before but having alot of fun with this and its getting better with each patch, even playing it more than i do overwatch last while.

muriel is my fav char by far but also like dekker,narbash.

dont really like the fighters besides steel even though got few of them up to level 5 (cause im a card pack whore)
same with the casters/rangers, narbash being a caster i still think is a bit strange, dunno why he isnt tagged as a support

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I don't know what feels better, getting those clutch boulder tosses with Rampage(and also "Thunk" with Narbash), where you lead a long range throw perfectly and stun an enemy running away from you and/or a teammate(s), guaranteeing the kill...

Or getting behind an enemy with Sevarog and grand-slamming their ass into your tower, then rooting them with subjugate so they have to eat tower beams.

Hell, lining up Colossal Blow on a wave of minions and erasing them all in one hit to greatly speed up a push is super satisfying too.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I might have to give Sevarog a try. One thing I've noticed about playing Riktor and countering Sevarogs, is that some of them like to ult Riktor out of team fights as soon as they can or at least when I try to pull a hook. I usually just pick Riktor when my team has already picked a Sparrow or TB to balance out the dmg types. In general when talking about potential "counterpicks" Riktor is a sound choice when the enemy team has Khaimera or Rampage or both, but I feel like to some extent, Sevarog counters Riktor. If you get Sevarog-ulted out of the fight as Riktor and there is only one other melee on your team, the initial disadvantage your team gets put into is considerable.