What's new

Question Pad or Stick?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
This is probably the best pad I've personally used. The DS4 d-pad just shreds my thumb.

You can use the 2 extra face buttons if you choose to do so, I don't because I'm just used to using the shoulder buttons. The triggers have also been replaced with buttons.

Edit: Forgot to mention, sometimes it sucks not having the touchpad. Can't reset in practice, and you have to grab another controller to switch to fullscreen and back when doing KOTHs and such :/
I really wanna try this one out. Is there a button combination we can set to reset in practice mode? Either way, I don't think it's that much of a con for me it's a small price to pay for more comfort XD

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I really wanna try this one out. Is there a button combination we can set to reset in practice mode? Either way, I don't think it's that much of a con for me it's a small price to pay for more comfort XD
If there is a way, I don't know about it lol. But yeah it's not that big of a drawback so I haven't really looked into it.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Yep! I liked how the buttons felt like buttons on an arcade stick, very clicky. The d-pad was fine. I just hated having the bumpers displaced to the face.

I got the Hori because although the bumpers are included on the face, they're still on top as well so you're not forced to use them on the face.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Yep! I liked how the buttons felt like buttons on an arcade stick, very clicky. The d-pad was fine. I just hated having the bumpers displaced to the face.

I got the Hori because although the bumpers are included on the face, they're still on top as well so you're not forced to use them on the face.
Sweet, thanks for the input. I ordered the Hori, can't wait to try it.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I noticed a lot of people are saying the D-pad gets messed up pretty quickly, did yours hold up?
I believe they're talking about the Hori FC4, because it was adjustable.

https://www.amazon.ca/Fighting-Commander-PlayStation-Controller-Officially/dp/B00TKLFES8/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=fighting+commander+4&qid=1554908260&s=gateway&sr=8-6

That d-pad died on me within 6 months. It was awful because they were discontinued when it died. It threw me into a controller crisis really. Used an XB1 pad on PS4 via CronusMax, too laggy. Got the PDP pad, bumpers displaced just screwed me up. Went back to DS4, shredded my thumb. After about a year of bouncing back and forth between the 3, the new FC released. I got myself two of them just to be safe. My first one is still totally fine after about a year and a half of use, just filthy lol. I'm using the second one just because it's clean.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I believe they're talking about the Hori FC4, because it was adjustable.

https://www.amazon.ca/Fighting-Commander-PlayStation-Controller-Officially/dp/B00TKLFES8/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=fighting+commander+4&qid=1554908260&s=gateway&sr=8-6

That d-pad died on me within 6 months. It was awful because they were discontinued when it died. It threw me into a controller crisis really. Used an XB1 pad on PS4 via CronusMax, too laggy. Got the PDP pad, bumpers displaced just screwed me up. Went back to DS4, shredded my thumb. After about a year of bouncing back and forth between the 3, the new FC released. I got myself two of them just to be safe. My first one is still totally fine after about a year and a half of use, just filthy lol. I'm using the second one just because it's clean.
Oh okay, that's good to hear. It's always weird when they change models but the reviews are mixed between the old and new.

I absolutely love the fact that R2 is a face button. How do the triggers feel? Cause I really didn't like using R2 and L2 on the regular pad, I had to push them in a lot before it registered.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Yes, it's made by PDP, which is an acronym for Please Don't Purchase.

One of the worst controllers I've ever owned
It's listed at 200$ on amazon.ca that's kinda insane lmao, but I went with the Hori.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
If I'm going to use a pad for MK I'm going to use either my Hori Fight Commander, or a DS4. Sony really know how to design pads lol

But I'm really just going to be playing on my Hitbox.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Oh okay, that's good to hear. It's always weird when they change models but the reviews are mixed between the old and new.

I absolutely love the fact that R2 is a face button. How do the triggers feel? Cause I really didn't like using R2 and L2 on the regular pad, I had to push them in a lot before it registered.
You won't have that problem anymore, I can assure you. There have been times I've accidentally triggered an x-ray when doing an ex special, because I didn't realize my left index was depressing L2 slightly lol. They're sensitive without being mushy, if that makes sense.