What's new

Question Overrated or underrated?

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
So MK9 has been out going on three years. Do we have a concensus on Skarlet after all this time? I'm saying the talk of her being top 5 is overrated for sure but she's obviously good.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Characters better than skarlet:
1. Kabal
2. Kenshi
3. Cyrax
4. Sonya
5. Freddy
6. Kung Lao
7. Smoke
8. Kitana
9. Cage(adjustable)

Characters about the same as skarlet:
1. Reptile
2. Mileena
3. Sektor
4. Liu Kang
5. Shang Tsung

TBH I actually think Skarlet is 10th or 9th, but this is what TYM would say.

AssassiN

Noob
Not a top 5 character but a top 10 character for sure. I think she is heavily underrated by most of the community.
Fighting a Skarlet with great meter management and execution is something not a lot of people have faced.
Her MU's numbers do not get lower than 4-6, her 4-6's are pretty much KL, Cyrax and Kabal.

Eddy Wang RedRaptor10 SaJa

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I don't think she can be argued for top 5 in MK9 with Kabal, Cyrax, Sonya, Kung Lao, and Kenshi out there. Top 10...possibly. I'm not convinced her overall matchup chart is legitimately better than 5 other contenders for Top 10. Is she in the running? Sure. Is she definitely Top 10? Ehh...maybe. Maybe. She definitely hovers around the Top 10 title and in the right hands perhaps she is. Scar certainly did pretty well with her, unfortunately he started doing really well after/during the decline of the prime of the MK9 tournament scene.

Skarlet's just an interesting character to play - she's one of the few characters I would say is actually balanced in MK9. My definition of balanced is that each move is good/very good when used appropriately but typically punishable when used incorrectly. One could make the argument that every character fits that definition but there's a large difference between spamming iaBD's as Skarlet vs iaGB's as Kabal. It's hard to use iaGB's incorrectly due to the nature of the move opposed to Blood Daggers.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
How many Skarlet players had the execution necessary to play her at max potential? This isn't a blast on the Skarlet community. Rather, a comment on just how hard she was to play.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Indeed. I mean, could any Skarlet do instant-air daggers 10/10 times? I tried my hand at her once, at the behest of this community project where everyone picked a new main for everyone else.

Fuck. That. Shit. TOO difficult.

ryublaze

Noob
Hard to say since no one used her at her best and not many people had the knowledge/experience fighting her. I don't think she's top 10 tbh. My opinion doesn't matter though because I play online.

ryublaze

Noob
How many Skarlet players had the execution necessary to play her at max potential? This isn't a blast on the Skarlet community. Rather, a comment on just how hard she was to play.
I think a lot of players had the execution to play her effectively but if we're talking max potential then that just leaves instant air daggers but I don't think it mattered that much since her ground daggers could be used almost the same way.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Shot. If I use her like I use catwoman people will be loving my skarlet. Plus skarlet was my second main until injustice was announce n I drop the game completely. I really join the mk9 game really late

Mk10
Sonya blade
Skarlet
Yellow black woman. Don't know her name.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Shot. If I use her like I use catwoman people will be loving my skarlet. Plus skarlet was my second main until injustice was announce n I drop the game completely. I really join the mk9 game really late

Mk10
Sonya blade
Skarlet
Yellow black woman. Don't know her name.
Tanya.

Flagg

Noob
Top 5, maybe Top 3.

Her full potentIAL will never be realised because Mk9 was left behind for a game about to be left behind for KI3.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
GGA 16 Bit know my opinion :3. In all seriousness, she seemed really good to me, but my opinions are purely based on watching tourney footage of Scar.