What's new

Overlooked trailer detail with possible plot relevance?

RothVI

d2 Spammer
I was rewatching the reveal trailer and realized that when Liu Kang and Kung Lao are fighting Geras, Liu Kang is holding a belt with vials on it.

I thought that it looked like Kronika's, so I tried to see if there was an image where she was wearing it. I found this image in the behind the scenes trailer where it looks like Kronika is holding the same belt.

I'm not entirely sure what this means, but I thought it might be interesting to bring up. Is the belt the source of Kronika's power and when she wears it she turns into an overpowered boss? Do the vials contain different timelines?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
The vials are filled with blue stuff, yeah? Maybe it's Geras Blood.
When Skarlet and Geras fight, their intro dialogue revolves around Skarlet wanting Geras' blood because it's believed to grant immortality.

3:16 in this video

Maybe Geras' really isn't Kronika's minion after all. Maybe she wants his blood just as bad as everyone else does.

Check out this video where Derek Kirtzic is interviewed and asked about Geras' "being Kronika's right hand man". Derek responds apprehensively as if leading on that he is in fact not working with her in the traditional sense.

1:00 in this video

It could be that Geras is being munipulated somehow by Kronika.

There's also this dialogue between Raiden and Geras:

2:45 in this video

Raiden: I must sever you from Kronika.

Geras: And deprive me of my purpose?

Raiden: And allow you to define yourself.

Last edited:

Thracian_Priest

The troll awakens...
Yeah, probably the blue liquid grants immortality or prolonged life. I doubt it's the blood of Geras, but maybe, just maybe his blood is blue because of the liquid (or some ethereal substance) in these vials. It appears Kronika and Geras have an entire lake with the bluish stuff.

Or... the vials contain the antidote for Quan Chi's revenant enslaving magic. I can see Liu and Kung searching for it in order to free their revenant, ummm, selves?

Thracian_Priest

The troll awakens...
Maybe they contain the last DNA samples of Hsu Hao and the Shaolin Monks try to stop Kronika from resurrecting him.
Hopefully, it's not his semen. For a moment there, I saw a nasty vision: Kronika tried to impregnate herself with Hsu Hao's man juice. And she succeeded in her demonic deeds. And a clapping, military hat wearing beast was born. And it was all Armageddon again... "Have a nice day!"

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Damn...

so, whatever is in the vials could be keeping Geras enslaved to Kronika? Perhaps they need to server the connection so Geras can use his time shit to help defeat her at the end.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I was also thinking this. I doubt the plot will go here at all, but I think it could be interesting if it was developed. There are a lot of characters who might be in this game that have a reason to want to go back in time.

Sub-Zero wants Bi Han back

Scorpion wants his family

Raiden wants Kung Lao and Liu Kang

Kenshi if he’s in wants his wife, if Takeda is in he wants his mom

The revenants and D’Vorah more than likely wanna try and get Shinnok and Quan Chi back

If Reptile is in he wants his race back

I really feel like some of these characters could get on board with Kronika, but it’s still really unlikely, just a thought

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I was also thinking this. I doubt the plot will go here at all, but I think it could be interesting if it was developed. There are a lot of characters who might be in this game that have a reason to want to go back in time.

Sub-Zero wants Bi Han back

Scorpion wants his family

Raiden wants Kung Lao and Liu Kang

Kenshi if he’s in wants his wife, if Takeda is in he wants his mom

The revenants and D’Vorah more than likely wanna try and get Shinnok and Quan Chi back

If Reptile is in he wants his race back

I really feel like some of these characters could get on board with Kronika, but it’s still really unlikely, just a thought
Good point, they'll probably fight to change history but it might have some really bad consequences as we've often seen in those situations.

mattteo

Noob
If it's different timeline in a vial, it's gonna be more stupid than Nitara releasing an entire realm/planet by smashing an orb ;))

RothVI

d2 Spammer
Another thing I noticed is that Kronika is holding the belt instead of wearing it. Can she not wear it all the time? Does it need to recharge? Is it not even hers? Does she not even need to wear the belt since she's not wearing pants?

Other than that, I think it would be interesting if the contents of the vials are the secret to time travel and everyone's arcade ending involves them using it to alter the timeline to suit their needs.

J_in_CA

Noob
I wonder if those doses allow the time travel? maybe it makes the characters immune to aging or something?

Derwood1979

Professional Procrastinator
Another thing I noticed is that Kronika is holding the belt instead of wearing it. Can she not wear it all the time? Does it need to recharge? Is it not even hers? Does she not even need to wear the belt since she's not wearing pants?

Other than that, I think it would be interesting if the contents of the vials are the secret to time travel and everyone's arcade ending involves them using it to alter the timeline to suit their needs.
Dope

Observations:
• Kang / Kung actually look ASIAN *RE2:Remake_Ada_"Wong"_disgusted_face.jpeg*
• Kronika will be played by TILDA SWINTON in the next MK movies
• the series should be now be renamed Immortal Kombat (...how often can you skill someone in a single combo and not have then actually die?!)

:DOGE