What's new

Discussion Overbuffed characters in mkxl final patch

All 16bit's waifus are always overtuned and has overloaded kits, That have always been the case ever since he started working at NRS. Kitana/Catwoman are not the epitome of balance, despite of how much their fanbase love to argue otherwise.

On topic~ Kitana and Kenshi definitely are the top overbuffed characters. i want to add Tremor too but i don't remember him getting anything in the final patch, his major buffs was indirect due to the meta change that the final patch brought.
yeah ive forgot about kenshi too

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
In regard of this BS. When we look closely, to me the entire concept of game entire game changes was not really approached properly.

The game was build in strong direction of rushdown mechanism. Upon this idea characters were destined, a lot of them.

When they decided to apply changes, they did a good job. A lot was taken care of. But it was impossible to get it done right because simply the time frame was to tight an in some cases these change were worse then in others.

I think the entire "balancing/patching" policy should be looked over. Even though I dont much like the modified engine I think a lot of you can agree on the fact, that with the appropriate approach now we could have very sold game, that would've been played for another couple years or so.

I apologize for slightly banding the main topic here but I wanted to throw out my two cents.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Whether they were overbuffed or not in the last patch, Shinnok, Mileena, Ermac, Triborg, Jason, and Liu Kang were the most cancerous in the game imo.

Kenshi, Scorpion, Sonya, Kitana, Reptile, and characters like that were also really strong but they were not dominant over the cast like the characters above. Then there were characters like Sub-Zero who was a very dominating character but also had a lot of losing matchups.

Edit: HQT was also really good and I’d say Quan was also arguable top

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
Whether they were overbuffed or not in the last patch, Shinnok, Mileena, Ermac, Triborg, Jason, and Liu Kang were the most cancerous in the game imo.

Kenshi, Scorpion, Sonya, Kitana, Reptile, and characters like that were also really strong but they were not dominant over the cast like the characters above. Then there were characters like Sub-Zero who was a very dominating character but also had a lot of losing matchups.

Edit: HQT was also really good and I’d say Quan was also arguable top
You're having a laugh if you don't have sub in cancer tier. His loosing matchups don't make him not one of the biggest cancer on mkx

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
You're having a laugh if you don't have sub in cancer tier. His loosing matchups don't make him not one of the biggest cancer on mkx
Yeah maybe, you are a Cage player so I can hardly blame you for seeing Sub on the level of Shinnok and Mileena but statistically I don't see it that way

Wigy

There it is...
Yeah maybe, you are a Cage player so I can hardly blame you for seeing Sub on the level of Shinnok and Mileena but statistically I don't see it that way
He's cancer cause the matchups he was good in he was fucking stupid and braindead.

His corner game is like cancer of ass and Brain at the same time if you didn't have a decent option against it.

Double low (why)
Stupid barely punishable b2 which became unpunishable with a clone.
40 something % meterless safe 50/50s can suck a dick.
His d3 looked like his b3.

His obnoxious af jump ins

Also the fact that if u couldn't zone him out or ignore his clone you had to play out your skin while he could just flowchart mix you.

The ONLY thing keeping sub from not being omega level cancer was takeda and his other dodgy matchups

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
With sub bottom line was. If you wanted to beat a sub with a good portion of the cast you had to be significantly better than the player cause of how flowchart and straightup busted he was in some matchups.

You thought cage was bad. Bo Rai cho outside of bartisu was just a joke. Ex monkeyflips and pray you get momentum is basically the whole gameplan

That's the point of variations duh!. Boraicho Bartitsu beats Grand Master easily. And some chars even had all of their variations against Sub Zero. But that's not the case of the real top tiers. against the real top tiers You had to play their game no matter the variation. Also... Sub Zero was a nobody outside that variation.. Unlike certain chars that had two or three viable variations... The one barely usable outside Grand Master was Unbreakable... And that variation has almost no winning match-ups only 5-5 match-ups at best.

In short... The other variations are so bad that Grand Master is the only one worth mentioning. LMAO.

Last edited:

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
gm sub was extreme cancer. in my case, he wasn't the worst thing to deal with. mileena could beat him handily in the midscreen, but if she got cornered she had no character unique option to deal with him. lots and lots of outplaying required to keep him from playing his game.

Wigy

There it is...
That's the point of variations duh!. Boraicho Bartitsu beats Grand Master easily. And some chars even had all of their variations against Sub Zero. But that's not the case of the real top tiers. against the real top tiers You had to play their game no matter the variation. Also... Sub Zero was a nobody outside that variation.. Unlike certain chars that had two or three viable variations... The one barely usable outside Grand Master was Unbreakable... And that variation has almost no winning match-ups only 5-5 match-ups at best.

In short... The other variations are so bad that Grand Master is the only one worth mentioning. LMAO.
Bartisu doesn't beat gm sub

This is the stupid shit sub players love to say -if you have any tool that can deal with clone it's automatically a bad matchup. Nope. You're just not used to actually having to think

That Mu was 5-5 at best.

Never said he was top tier. But when he was good he was absolute cancer. Mega flowchart mess.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Honestly if you’re not playing Jax, Erron Black, Cage, Jason, Kotal, or Triborg you’re not at any extreme disadvantage.

If you’re playing Mileena, D’Vorah, Tremor, Ferra/Torr, Kenshi, Ermac, Takeda, or Sonya (those aren’t even all the characters he loses to), whatever happens in the corner is on you because you have every tool you need to beat Sub midscreen. Sorry.