• Amazing! Better than expected!

• Great - about what I was expecting

• Alright - nothing mind blowing

• Disappointing - was hoping for more

• Just terrible - don’t plan on buying at this point in time

Results are only viewable after voting.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I really like what we saw. In almost every way, it appears to be an improvement on MKX, especially the areas that this community wanted changes in.
My big gripe is that we saw so little overall. They hyped this huge reveal event, which is so close to the games release date. I was truly expecting to learn a lot more about what the game contains as far as single/multiplayer content, and see more than a measly 7 characters.
It really left me underwhelmed simply because the reveal was so anemic.

I love the run being gone. I feel like this will be a lot like MK9
I think you watched anoother game mate, it has nothing to do with MK9, MK9 was fast paced and slick in the movement, dashes in MK11 are way less effective and jumping is also very floaty, i fail to see the likeness really.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Blew me away. Was hoping for some more character reveals but overall I'm completely hype. Only criticism is that I didn't like Cassie's face.

trufenix

bye felicia
Exactly, that robocockroach... I don't like it, Sonya was very fun to play with her granades in MKX.
They remarked that since the new system is totally customizable, they haven't made final decision on what the "Stock" builds are going to be. The ones on display on the show were just thrown together for the show, similar to the builds they did on Kombat Kast for IJ2.

I would assume all the old stuff we're not seeing has either been given to other characters (Geras' ice clone), or can be restored via customization (Scorpion's NJP)

trufenix

bye felicia
CONS:
  • Fatal Blows being like Tekken 7 Rage Arts. Not a big fan of easy supers tied to health (aka revenge mechanics).
I'm gonna be honest, I hate this too, and I've played a ton of SNK games where the strategy of lose deliberately just to access an outrageous comeback super.

That said, I think two things I hate more are
1) never seeing x-rays in competitive play, because other meters are always better used
2) people who never use super meter for anything but obnoxious armored 30-40% damage wakeups.

Some quick thoughts on the reveal:
  • Starting off with the most controversial, I'm glad running is gone. It looks awesome when you're watching a match and someone just runs in and goes crazy. But I never got used to running in MKX, it just feels awkward to even run in and do a basic combo. You know it's weird saying this is the most controversial thing considering that before the reveal I always came across so many complaints about MKX.

• Another controversial one, but I actually quite like Sub Zero's default gear, specifically the head piece. Does it look a bit campy? Yeah, but that's probably why I like it so much. Reminds me of the old school classic ninjas in that regard.
  • Only around 25 characters in the base game. I don't mind a more streamed lined roster in favor of each of those fighters more depth. But even if it were just 30ish instead then that'd make things a lot less worrisome in terms of fan favorites getting in.

• The aesthetic customization looks good, seems a more streamlined than it was in Injustice 2. Which is good. I actually don't mind that the ninjas have selectable colors other than their color coded ones. They're all so distinct enough from each other now that you don't even need to color code them. Though I do understand why it'd be weird to see a purple or green Sub-Zero though. I think white as an alt color makes sense for him though. If it were up to me then the ninjas would mostly stick to colors of there theme. Sub-Zero having snowy colors and scorpion having fiery colors for instance.

• Ronda Rousey not only sticks out like a sore thumb, but also sounds pretty stilted. I definitely preferred Sonya's MKX voice actor.

• Geras is seems cool, love his voice especially.

• I love Patrick Seitz and hopes he gets work, but I do like Scorpion's new voice actor so far. Though he is often drowned out by the background noise as it is now. Still it's refreshing to hear Scorpion much more calm and collected considering the character development he had from the last game. Wouldn't bat an eye if Patrick Seitz returned though, he does awesome work.

• Fatal blows look cool. Though I'm not the biggest fan of them gameplaywise. They're a step up from X-Rays that were either too situational or too annoying, but I don't like revenge supers either. I'll have to play for myself to see how much I mind it.

• On that note same goes for a lot of stuff. I'll have to not only get my hands on it, but put some solid time into it.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Perhaps the slowest MK game in terms of pace since MK Deadly Alliance and Deception? I feel like now the more I watch gameplay vids, this is the first 2D MK game with the speed, pacing of the 3D games.

Exactly, that robocockroach... I don't like it, Sonya was very fun to play with her granades in MKX.
lmao robo cockroach haha. I was thinking spider bot drone but yeah, same difference haha. I can already tell the zoners who like Sonya are going to utilize that all day lol.