What's new

Our Community

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Uncle JBeezY has been talking to some of you about this and I decided it would be best to make a thread about it. Originally I posted this, "Out of all the current FGCs, NRS is thee smallest. And why is that? Do you think its the promotion? The games? The people? Thoughts?"
That's actually a good question to start asking ourselves. It could be many factors that come into play, such as the product that is presented, promotion, popularity, and the community.

Let's keep it all the way live!

I absolutely love this place! This is a very engaging audience with awesome people here. But what can WE do to better the community? What can we change? It's about time to address the elephant in the room. No more whisper talk, let's put it all on table. It all starts with us.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
On what basis did you decide NRS community is the smallest in the FGC?
It just feels small compared to all the current fighting games, tournament wise, popularity wise, country wise lol. I mean. You see different? Please let me know if I'm wrong.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Imagine how big the FGC would be if the NRS scene was actually the smallest. Idk how you came up with that but SFV is the only bigger game unless you count Smash, but Smash isn't on ESPN and TBS.
Tekken doesn't count? I mean, they been around forever.

It's not the smallest on any of the -wises you posted...
Well alright. Let's roll with that. MY POINT IS....there's alot of complaining and no solutions. What do you find problems with this community and what can be changed as a resolve?

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
The problem is everyone looks at TYM. TYM is not the community anymore. There are low key way superior NRS communities sprouting up outside of TYM nowadays and those places are great.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I'm a member of some Discords independent of TYM that are pretty good.
But that by definition is not "the community." Unless these discord groups are readily displayed and easy to join, they're just fragmented insular groups.

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
However, if you really want my input, here's what I'm gonna say.

A: NRS has an extreme disconnect and at the same time not enough of a separation between the scrubs and the top tier pros. By this I mean, you can readily interact with pros, make yourself look like an ass in the process which people do all the time, and the pros are so turned off by the stupid they don't really want to contribute to the community. I 100% get it.

B: There's a lot of things we tolerate on this site we shouldn't that make us look SUPER bad. Nerf/Buff threads are definitively one of those things, especially ones where it's just OBVIOUS the person who made it is a fucking moron. Why is that "Adam Has No True Mids" thread even still open?

C: The good players aren't willing to educate, or themselves aren't THAT good compared to the tournament winning pros. There's lots of ignorance coming from people who've been playing fighting games for years who fail to grasp things like intended character design, psychology etc and all they see is frames or damage.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
lets keep this thread open dude!
I will say. This thread brings up a pretty valid talking point and that's the misconception that NRS is a small community. This isn't the first time I've heard someone state this. Why is that?
THANK GAWD somebody says it and gets IT! And that's what i was trying to get at but it was turning sour and gave me a damn headache. I guess im not having a good day....but for you guys, lets keep this discussion open.

HASHTAG/#IllAllowIt