What's new

OTG Unblockable scaling. Come help figure it out

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
EDIT: I did some more testing with Bo and was able to get different OTG scaling with just normals. Now I don't think it's the amount of hits but some sort of scaling attribute on some moves.

So I was testing some stuff out with Bo Rai Cho when I noticed I got 6% instead of the usual scaled 11% after a combo. The thing that changed was the air fire spit shenanigans I was messing around with. Tested this by adding in regular fire spit and still got the extra scaled 6% OTG. Switched to Tremor and it's the same case.

The OTG scaling is based on how many special moves connected. I think not every special move affects a character's scaling. I think Bo's regular monkey flips don't affect it. I think I got 2 different damage numbers for Tremor when using the same amount of crystal fist moves compared to the crystal shatter moves. Though the crystal shatter moves were EX to keep the juggle going and that could have something to do with it to.

Just figured I'd make a post cause I didn't see one about it. Maybe the combo science guys could figure out a new optimization for OTGs.

Last edited:

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
So I was testing some stuff out with Bo Rai Cho when I noticed I got 6% instead of the usual scaled 11% after a combo. The thing that changed was the air fire spit shenanigans I was messing around with. Tested this by adding in regular fire spit and still got the extra scaled 6% OTG. Switched to Tremor and it's the same case.

The OTG scaling is based on how many special moves connected. I think not every special move affects a character's scaling. I think Bo's regular monkey flips don't affect it. I think I got 2 different damage numbers for Tremor when using the same amount of crystal fist moves compared to the crystal shatter moves. Though the crystal shatter moves were EX to keep the juggle going and that could have something to do with it to.

Just figured I'd make a post cause I didn't see one about it. Maybe the combo science guys could figure out a new optimization for OTGs.
This was discussed on the Tremor forums.

The OTG scales seem random for what I've seen. But that's because it was being judged on the number of hits or combo damage.

Either way, no one has come up with a clear algorithm to this

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
This was discussed on the Tremor forums.

The OTG scales seem random for what I've seen. But that's because it was being judged on the number of hits or combo damage.

Either way, no one has come up with a clear algorithm to this
Someone could definitely figure out the math to it if they wanted to. I doubt you could get back easy 40-50% combos but there might be a combo path making EX OTG worth it again.