What's new

Tech OTG Chandelier standing reset for possible 100% dmg

Decay

King of the Bill
Here's a cool little bit of tech I created using the chandelier in the asylum. The thing that is strange about it is that normally when you jump attack an opponent and then immediately smash them with the chandelier, it usually just flattens them on the ground with a hard knockdown. But I realized that if you jump past the opponent and cross them up in mid-air, when you use the interactable, it gives you an animation as if they were caught if the outter splash damage of the explosion, even though they are directly under it. Usually when this animation is triggered, you aren't at a frame advantage and even if you were, you'd be too far to capitalize off it, but since the animation is triggered in the wrong context, you have enough frames to either go for a command throw, or mix the opponent up with a b12 or b2u1 combo. It's pretty swag, and you'll notice that the last set-up has only 1 point of combo clash, and the rest is all unclashable and can be viable. Hope you like it.

@Yoaksssss
@Captain Oxygen
@JustPressingButtons
@DarthArma
@RM GamerBlake
@Chaosphere

Follow me on twitch: Twitch.tv/decayingart

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Decay try to record this and block as Deathstroke. The hit advantage might be smaller than you think.
Record it and try to walk back with Deathstroke, the hit stun animation can be cut short if you don't really have a lot of hit advantage; it can be misleading.

Decay

King of the Bill
Nice vid, but did you really have to beat up on deathstroke!? :(
Yes... yes I did have to.

Decay try to record this and block as Deathstroke. The hit advantage might be smaller than you think.
Record it and try to walk back with Deathstroke, the hit stun animation can be cut short if you don't really have a lot of hit advantage; it can be misleading.
This very may well be the case, however there's a few options I didn't expound upon after the stand. I can do 1,2 command grab which is a tick throw and starts up in 7 frames. So the opponent if holding back or down will still get hit and potentially thrown if he doesn't expect a tick throw. I can also do b1,2 which starts up much faster than the grab and it's a low starter and also leaves me plus on block just in case. I just think it's pretty cool that it pops the opponent back up on his feet magically lol

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Yes... yes I did have to.

This very may well be the case, however there's a few options I didn't expound upon after the stand. I can do 1,2 command grab which is a tick throw and starts up in 7 frames. So the opponent if holding back or down will still get hit and potentially thrown if he doesn't expect a tick throw. I can also do b1,2 which starts up much faster than the grab and it's a low starter and also leaves me plus on block just in case. I just think it's pretty cool that it pops the opponent back up on his feet magically lol
Well just make sure they can't backdash after the restand.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I think the coolest thing is that j2 air cross up. I had to do a double take even after seeing it a few times. lol

Decay

King of the Bill
Put on tech roll or gtfo[/QU
I put it on tech roll already and what happens is the opponent rolls into the chandelier, which causes the normal animation of getting squashed into a hard knock down. That can also be OKIed with a grab, so either way, the opponent is screwed.

kevkopdx

Noob
@Decay , you should have tagged me in this just to give me something else to be annoyed with your lobo ;) seriously though, nice find... i will counterpick this stage from now on ;)