What's new

OS Teleport Uppercut?

ryublaze

Noob

This is an OS (Option Select) for Sektor that can lead into a blockstring or full combo after landing a deep jump kick. This was inspired by Tom Brady's OS Ice Clone for Sub-Zero.

Notes:
- When doing a deep jump kick, input 4, D, F.
- If the opponent blocks standing, you can do a blockstring such as 1, 2, 2, Flame Burner. The opponent is jailed into standing.
- If the opponent doesn't block the deep jump kick, the Teleport Uppercut will come out.
- If the opponent blocks crouching, you can do B3, 4 or B2, 1.
- If the opponent doesn't block while crouching, the Teleport Uppercut will miss. If the deep jump kick is done far enough, it won't miss.
- This can be set up by ending a combo with Up Missile and if the opponent doesn't tech roll. You can do 11% chip damage and gain 65% of 1 bar of meter back.

It is actually better to use a jump punch instead of jump kick after an Up Missile because the opponent has to block standing.

The reason for doing B2, 1 on crouch block is because the 4 in B3, 4 will whiff on some characters (refer to RomeoBravoDelta's topic "Sektor and Crouching Hitboxes). In a combo ending with Up Missile, you do have time to block a wake-up attack and still land a deep jump kick. You have to jump as soon as you see the opponent get up from the ground.

NKZero

Noob
After seeing Brady's OS Clone I went into the lab to mess around with Sektor. It's not exactly the same as OS Clone, but what you do is do a deep JK (pressing 4) then input D, F. If it's blocked, the TU won't come out. If it hits, Sektor will land and go straight into TU and full combo. However if it hits the opponent crouching then the TU won't connect. Thoughts?
Sounds very interesting and the reward favours Sektor perhaps more than Sub Zero since he does great damage off a jump kick. Have to see what the others say tbh and I wanna take a look at it at home. Dare I say.....new tech?

I mean deep jump kick on block gives frame advantage right so it's either that or you get a combo (unless as you stated they are crouching). Good stuff man.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Option selects are the best! Ermac has one of the best ones in the game in my opinion, so I'm glad to see Sektor has a pretty amazing one as well.

NKZero

Noob
RedRaptor10 I suggest you officially re-name this then as it seems you have found new tech. Well done man! Good shit and it's going into the guide under the New Tech Laboratory......ooooohhh how exciting :).

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Whao what? Ermac doesnt have a OS as far as i know.
Oh yea man, an amazing one.

When you are charging the unblockable, if you let it go before it's fully charged input Ermac's lift. So the input would be b2(charge for a bit), db1. If they block the b2, the lift doesn't come out. If the b2 hits, they get lifted into full combo. Doing b2,1,lift will not OS so take out the 1.

ryublaze

Noob
RedRaptor10 I suggest you officially re-name this then as it seems you have found new tech. Well done man! Good shit and it's going into the guide under the New Tech Laboratory......ooooohhh how exciting :).
I don't think it's much of a find. I mean any character with an air special can do an OS with a deep jump kick. It's just that Sektor has more reward for it.

and speaking of names...I've always wanted to name something along the lines of "Raptor Trap" :p.

NKZero

Noob
I don't think it's much of a find. I mean any character with an air special can do an OS with a deep jump kick. It's just that Sektor has more reward for it.

and speaking of names...I've always wanted to name something along the lines of "Raptor Trap" :p.
You got it sir....I will update the name. Can I call it the Raptor OS Trap or just Raptor Trap? Just so people know what it is roughly about. Up to you.

ryublaze

Noob
You got it sir....I will update the name. Can I call it the Raptor OS Trap or just Raptor Trap? Just so people know what it is roughly about. Up to you.
No I didn't mean that I wanted to name the OS tech but if I ever find some missile setup I would want to name it that lol. Setkor's OS can just be OS Teleport Uppercut or something...like Brady's OS Ice Clone. I don't think it needs to be named anything else.

Btw, I think Deep JK helps Sektor out a lot. If you do a blocked jump-in punch, the opponent can go into duck state right away and your 1, 2 follow up will whiff (at least this is what happened in training mode when I tested). But if you land a Deep JK and it gets blocked high, the opponent is stuck standing when you follow up with 1, 2.

NKZero

Noob
Ok I understand now. Yes you are correct about the jump kick. By the way I wanna clear things up here. JIP can be anti-aired by pokes. Deep JK can or cannot be beaten out by pokes? I know a standard JIK cannot.

ryublaze

Noob
Whao what? Ermac doesnt have a OS as far as i know.
Ermac can also do deep JK OS Teleport that leads to full combo like Sektor. Other characters that can do it but not lead to full combo are Noob and Smoke. I don't play Ermac but my friend said that it's better to hit confirm into lift. Sektor however is difficult to hit confirm into a deep JK combo.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Good find Raptor!

What I've been doing for DJK is to combo on reaction with :r+:bp xx TU. Your idea is worth giving it a shot.

ryublaze

Noob
Oops I just went into Training Mode and tested with a 2nd controller and a jump punch into standing 1 actually does jail standing so in the Up Missile situation it's always better to jump punch. But in the rare cases where you do use a jump kick then you can use the option select. Sorry for the false information. v.v

EDIT: Actually deep jump kick can be used if you end a combo with TU, Up Missile (sends the opponent far away) because a jump punch after that won't reach the opponent while a jump kick will. You have to dash forward and quickly jump to land the deep jump kick.