What's new

Original and new timelines "merging"?

My theory is that the story will end with the original and new timelines "merging" into a unified timeline. A way of getting rid of the revenants but also not losing the new characters like Cassie and Jacqui. (Although if Takeda and Kung Jin aren't returning, I imagine that plan to replace them as the "new heroes" didn't take off)

Reactions: Zev

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I just don’t see how the past characters can lose. If you kill your past self then you die. Not just die but cease to exist. Shown by the scar on future johnnys face when past Johnny got shot. If past cage dies then so does Cassie.

Reactions: Zev
I just don’t see how the past characters can lose. If you kill your past self then you die. Not just die but cease to exist. Shown by the scar on future johnnys face when past Johnny got shot. If past cage dies then so does Cassie.
Well yeah. That is a concern. I'm really curious as to what Reverent Kung Lao says after Young Kung Lao says "The thought of becoming you sickens me."

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Well yeah. That is a concern. I'm really curious as to what Reverent Kung Lao says after Young Kung Lao says "The thought of becoming you sickens me."
Yeah they can’t kill them lol. Not being a multiverse kinda screws them but I like the back to the future style more. I guess you would have to merge into one time line to kill off past characters without consequence. Time stuff is always weird, it’s best to just roll with it like a b-movie. The paradox stuff is interesting though.

Yeah they can’t kill them lol. Not being a multiverse kinda screws them but I like the back to the future style more. I guess you would have to merge into one time line to kill off past characters without consequence. Time stuff is always weird, it’s best to just roll with it like a b-movie. The paradox stuff is interesting though.
I hope this game is the end of the "revenant" versions of those characters. It was a stupid idea to begin with, it still sucks today, it's gone on long enough and this needs to be the end of it.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
This is a theory I had few months back that both timelines will merge into a third timeline. They just better not kill off Ermac(even though he's already dead lol or they I should say lol)

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I hope this game is the end of the "revenant" versions of those characters. It was a stupid idea to begin with, it still sucks today, it's gone on long enough and this needs to be the end of it.
Yeah Quan Chi is dead. The wraiths can stay but if you weren’t good enough to go wraith then you should go normal.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Characters have been getting Revenant-ed and Cyberized and turned evil for all sorts of other magical reasons since literally MK1, not sure why it's bothering people now all of a sudden. Liu Kang spent 3 games as a zombie in the original timeline, you know.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Revenants come back to life, but nothing would rustle my jimmies more than having them get killed off and replaced by their "original" counterparts, as if the last three games might as well have not even happened.

Last edited:

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
My theory is that the story will end with the original and new timelines "merging" into a unified timeline. A way of getting rid of the revenants but also not losing the new characters like Cassie and Jacqui. (Although if Takeda and Kung Jin aren't returning, I imagine that plan to replace them as the "new heroes" didn't take off)
I think the way they described it was the old and new timelines “folding” into each other. Or something like that. So I’d say it’s quite possible.