What's new

Question Orbs of Seth - How do YOU use them?

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
I have a more defensive, zoning playstyle with Adam. (ie I haven't learned any solid combos yet -_- )
I tend to start the match, popping orbs and backing up, that way if they pursue me into pressure, I'm almost assuredly in the lead. To my knowledge no one has more than 12% chip in their blockstrings yet.
I like to use orbs on every cooldown, because every cooldown is 12% closer to a win.

How do you manage your trait? Do you use it every cooldown or do you save it for combo damage only?
Or maybe you're a badass and don't bother using it?

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Orbs cancel your recovery of a normal attack, so you can get some hilarious advantage off stuff.

Atm doing blockstrings into trait then mixing up throw, 11, d1 and d3, seem to be quite successful.

112 and b2 are quite good, 112 isnt all that + on block but you can do 1~orbs 11~orbs 112~orbs or 113~orbs, and as soon as the orbs come up you take your options.

Gets beaten by armour moves, but that actually happening is rare.

Also hit confirming into trait like 11~orbs or 22~orbs b2~orbs gives you better damage combos as 99% of the time your trait is back up before the end of the combo.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I use them for everything. In combos, for throw mixups, as well as a defensive tool. If the opponent doesn't have much health left and he wants to come in, I just activate trait and and block. It's a very versatile tool and is just as good. Use it however you like.

Fun fact: Black Adam's trait has ONLY 8 seconds cool down. Doing simple maths: In 50 seconds, you can activate trait around 6 times. 6 times 3 orbs that do 4% each = 72% potential unblockable damage. Granted, you will not always land 100% of those orbs but even if only a third of them hit, it's still 24% free damage. That's a full combo you didn't even need to work for. That's 2-3 throws. That's a free interactable. That's magic chip.

Combine this with BA's high damage ouput, excellent footsies/oki and decent pressure/zoning, and I think we have a pretty solid character. :)

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Vulcan Hades
In the corner i was working on a combo that activated trait twice, but the second activation is the point where you cant juggle anymore, so it wasnt really that groundbreaking, and was tight as hell to land

On the plus side though i thought thats like 12% unblockable damage as soon as they stand up, so i will keep testing stuff.

Fun fact: Black Adam's trait has ONLY 8 seconds cool down. Doing simple maths: In 50 seconds, you can activate trait around 6 times. 6 times 3 orbs that do 4% each = 72% potential unblockable damage. Granted, you will not always land 100% of those orbs but even if only a third of them hit, it's still 24% free damage. That's a full combo you didn't even need to work for. That's 2-3 throws. That's a free interactable. That's magic chip.

Combine this with BA's high damage ouput, excellent footsies/oki and decent pressure/zoning, and I think we have a pretty solid character. :)
Hmm... Prima guide says it is a 5 second cool down.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Hmm... Prima guide says it is a 5 second cool down.
The guide also says Doomsday's charge is both totally safe and full-combo punishable in adjacent sentences. That guide isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Before the patch it was 5 second cooldown. Like 2 nights ago before i had the patch i was able to get 2 traits into a combo easily, now you have like 3-4 seconds to wait for orbs after his BNB.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The guide also says Doomsday's charge is both totally safe and full-combo punishable in adjacent sentences. That guide isn't worth the paper it's printed on.
not that guide

ALL prima guides

idk how people keep buying that shit, its just expensive toilet paper

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
Im saying that ive never heard the two terms used together so it confused me. Not doubting you or anything.

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
Certain character you can actually jump with the orbs active, divekick, and you will fly over their head and graze them with orbs.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
I have to admit, I've found a guilty pleasure. When I know for a fact I have my opponent at 12% or less life.
I activate orbs and just stand there. Most players online still run into them like flys to a bugzapper.

trait cancel pressure and grab setups and to enhance my punishes (b2 trait leads to 55%)

u can also turtle a bit with them.