What's new

Strategy Options against zod's trait

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
A lot of zod players like to trait and then jump zod charge to close the gap. This eliminates them getting close to you to trait command cancel of f2 4 f2 4. if they try to punish it with a zod charge A) the trait is now almost over or is over. B) you can mb tb and then punish them due to the trait not being to you yet.
I TRIED TO MAKE THIS ONE MORE PRACTICAL. EVERY ZOD SPAMS TRAIT AFTER A MB GUN BECAUSE THEY THINK ITS GUARANTEED.
@InFlames
@AK Pig Of The Hut
@Relaxedstate

Last edited:

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
This would be good if it was prepatch, but a trait grab easily punishes teleport.

MBf3 is good, teleport, d1, grab, and godsmack seem to be moves that make Zod have to think a bit more before just Zod charging in for free.

I think every charecter should have their own thread discussing what they can do to prevent Zod from just freestyling on them when he has trait

It is kind of like wakeups. You just need one option that will stop and make the Zod player think before just charging in. If you have a move, (even if unsafe) then it has done its job

Last edited:

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I usually just use push block. It even cancels out his interactibles when he locks you down with trait.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
zod can punish a push block im pretty sure ive seen viking do it just like sinestro can.
Yeah but that's only up close right? I usually only do it if he isn't open to throw out a mb b3 or f3. I tend not to push block raw swipes unless he's going for a TV or some shit lol.

InFlames

dead
MBb3 is good, teleport, d1, grab, and godsmack seem to be moves that make Zod have to think a bit more before just Zod charging in for free.

I think every charecter should have their own thread discussing what they can do to prevent Zod from just freestyling on them when he has trait

It is kind of like wakeups. You just need one option that will stop and make the Zod player think before just charging in. If you have a move, (even if unsafe) then it has done its job
Not b3, but his mb f3 is a good option. D1 low profiles some attacks so perhaps there is a chance that it does so for his swipes.

InFlames

dead
are you happy now?
I'm trying it right now. The timing is super strict and you actually have to predict when they will trait grab. Keyword, predict. Unless your yomi levels are off the charts I wouldn't try this at all.

Thanks for the call out but I don't think I'm going to get blown up anytime soon.

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
I'm trying it right now. The timing is super strict and you actually have to predict when they will trait grab. Keyword, predict. Unless your yomi levels are off the charts I wouldn't try this at all.

Thanks for the call out but I don't think I'm going to get blown up anytime soon.
as long as ares does the super behind teleport fast enough after the mb guns it is impossible for you to get grabbed. fact.