What's new

Video/Tutorial - Hellfire Option-select to auto-stop spear on block

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
BEFORE YOU WATCH THE VIDEO:
  1. I am aware that this is not exclusive to hellfire, in fact it's not even exclusive to scorpion. However, I find it highly beneficial to add this to Hellfire's blockstring mixups, and there is no topic prefix for all variations.
  2. I know some players have personal issues with option-selects and don't want me to teach beginners how to use them. Even so, opponents may use this so I think it's important to know anyway.
  3. The point of this is that you can do a certain input with certain timing, and the results will be ambiguous. On block he will not do a spear, but on hit he will, even though the inputs are the same.

Update: it gets better with b3f1b2f2

Last edited:

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
b3 isn't safe... :coffee:
The only reason anyone would try to punish b3 on it's own is if they were absolutely sure you were going to do this. In that scenario you can start mixing it up further, but I haven't yet encountered that problem in the few hours I've known this.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
i would.. but.. im at work :( and wont be home for a few hours.. but ill post this is the takeda thread.. see if anyone can test it faster
I check it for you. Yes it works for Takeda, but I feel like the timing is a bit harder.

Houndovhell

Subby-Z is my Main Man, the Man that I Main
Damn this OS is tighter than a babysitter at chipndales. :p
anyways, i have it down, sorta. you do the b3 at the same time, then the forward 1, then ASAP do the Back. It messes up half the time cause if I try to do something fast with my left hand like that it hits multiple inputs xD #betterwithaHitBox

Audit

Falls down too much
Anything can sound stupid if you word it improperly enough.

It's fine that people don't approve of OS. I don't care, I'm just sharing stuff I find like I always do.
Oh I'm not sad at you for putting the option select, I will use it as well as long as it's in the game, until I quit playing it or it's taken out. If it's not taken out I'll probably quit playing MKX much sooner than I thought, because it doesn't make the game better.

I apologize if you took that the wrong way, I'm all for seeing tech posted instead of whine buff/nerf threads.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Damn this OS is tighter than a babysitter at chipndales. :p
anyways, i have it down, sorta. you do the b3 at the same time, then the forward 1, then ASAP do the Back. It messes up half the time cause if I try to do something fast with my left hand like that it hits multiple inputs xD #betterwithaHitBox
On hit, you will be pressing back just after the spear. On block, you will be pressing back just before the spear.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
NO triple NO! We don't need more evil scorpions! Bad triple :(

lol :)