What's new

Question - Predator Optimizing the Combo thread

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
So I've been seeing a few requests in the combo thread and I figure I'd ask everyone directly to know what they prefer.

I have the combos set up so that they are separated by ">"
B311 > EX-SS > NjP > JiP > Air Disc > 32 > SS (41%)

but someone mentionned that the convention is like this:
B311~EX-SS, NjP, JB1~BF2, 32~bf4 (41%)

Which do you guys prefer? (If it's the latter, then I may need some help to fix up the combos because i'm not really used to that notation)

Also someone mentionned they want the damage percentage placed at the beginning of the combo like this:
41%: B311 ....

Lemme know what you guys think

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
~ or xx mean cancel while , or > indicate the end of a string/normal/special.

The way your combo currently reads is b311, then ex SS, not that the b311 is cancelled into the SS.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
There's so many annotation styles for conveying combos that it doesn't really matter what you use. Some people put commas in the strings, some people use dashed, it really doesn't matter since it's generally clear where the cancels go etc. just go with what's comfortable to you.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
The combo I am using right now off a hit confirmed disc is B311 BF4MB, NJP, B22 Disc, RC 321+2.

It seems optimal, and if you want you end with either F4 into sudo HKD Disc throw, or 122 MB Stealth.

I've seen "~" generally means for short pause for timing (maybe someone uses it for cancel tho), ">" or "," for link amd "xx" for cancel (I think we also need a notation for "as soon as you can" : ASAYC).
An example of how I would write a D'vorah combo:
11~2 xx DF1 xx run xx (asayc)212 xx DB1 > walk xx F44 > run xx B12 xx Air grab.
Some cancels like run or walk are obvious so you could also write them without "xx" many special cancels have are abbreviated ( DF1 xx run = WGC):
11~2 WGC (asayc)212 xx DB1 walk F44 run B12 xx Air grab.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I've seen "~" generally means for short pause for timing (maybe someone uses it for cancel tho), ">" or "," for link amd "xx" for cancel (I think we also need a notation for "as soon as you can" : ASAYC).
An example of how I would write a D'vorah combo:
11~2 xx DF1 xx run xx (asayc)212 xx DB1 > walk xx F44 > run xx B12 xx Air grab.
Some cancels like run or walk are obvious so you could also write them without "xx" many special cancels have are abbreviated ( DF1 xx run = WGC):
11~2 WGC (asayc)212 xx DB1 walk F44 run B12 xx Air grab.
The thing is 112 is the one string, there is no pause haha.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Notation I use works better for muscle memory to me.

xx for cancels, commas for end of segments, ~ for 2-in-1s or multiple segmented attacks, spaces for strings including a multiple button press

For example: F12 xx Plasma Caster Cancel, 212, J3 xx Smart Disc, Run, 32 1+3 (I'd normally end with 4 xx Scimitar but I wanted to include 1+3 in the example)

Example #2 (Tanya): B31 xx EX Front Teleport ~ J3 xx Air Front Teleport ~ NJP, 34 xx Flip Kick

The thing is 112 is the one string, there is no pause haha.
I know that 112 is a single string but inputting 11 very fast and then 2 WGC as a single motion after a short pause makes the cancel much easier, at least that did the trick for me: as I said I use " ~" as a short pause notation not a cancel or juggle one.
Examples :
212 > F44 (juggle notation);
21~2 WGC (short pause notation);
212 xx DB1 (cancel notation);

Last edited:

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
I like to be teased before i get to the good parts. So place the damage last, thats just for me, please. I also like the squiggly thing. Cant think properly right now.
And ive been trying to use f1 starter for a punisher. Feels like some strings need the meter for a good punish. 212 hasnt been to reliable. But it has good uses.