What's new

Optimising your Flash corner combos - 12, 123, RMS-LC and why db3 > df3

Saltea Mike

ROG Mike
Hiya everyone,

For a few days I've been sitting and practising with Flash. This is what I came up with.

NOTE: Juggling with 12 over 11 takes a bit of getting used to, but as far as I'm concerned it's the better alternative dealing almost twice the amount of damage.

Everything tested here is done on batman on competetive mode.

But first there is a thing I want to clarify on RMS-LC confirm in the corner. There are easier strings and normals to confirm from and harder ones as some give more advantage on hit and some give less. Depending on hit advantage you either can or cannot confirm. This is the list of starters that tells what you can confirm and should not be able to confirm with RMS-LC:

Can be confirmed with RMS-LC:

f21

D1D2 - you SHOULD be able to do that, however I myself have yet to do it once
B22 - now with this one be careful, as far as I've seen myself this is a very, very tight link - looks like a 1f link even

Cannot be confirmed with RMS-LC:

D1D2D3
B22F3
F213

Knowing that just add to the following each normal or string from the "can be done" section:

U - up
D - down
B - back
F- front
1 - light punch
2 - medium punch
3 - heavy punch
mb - meter burned special move
xx - a move cancelled into one of the following
FoF - fists of fury (bf1)
RMS-LC - running man stance into lighting charge (dd2,1)
SL - sonic lift (db3)
SP - sonic pound (df3)

(starter) xx RMS-LC, D1D2, 12, 12, 123 xx FoF

If you are struggling to juggle with 3x12's you can just do the following (however you lose a big amount of damage):

(starter) xx RMS-LC, D1D2, 12, 123 xx FoF

If you're also dropping D1D2 part heavily - you can instead spend one bar and do the following (however I think there are better combos for 1 bar):

(starter) xx RMS-LC, D1 xx SL(mb), F3, 12, 123 xx FoF

This sum up why you should juggle with 12 instead of 11.

Why is confirming with Sonic Lift better than confirming with Sonic Pound:

Remember we're talking corner here. Haven't tested out midscreen yet.

Simple.

If spending a bar - in my opinion there is absolutely no reason why would you want to confirm with SP instead of SL. Because:

- SL lets you get a much easier juggle in comparison to SP - landing a F3 after SP is a really tight link in comparison to SL,
-
SL deals more damage,
- Burning a meter is easier for
SL rather than SP - i know this shouldn't be an argument but it's true - less potential to drop the combo,

The only good thing about
SP is that it's safe on block in comparison to SL - but this isn't the case here -we're talking confirming the combo.

Here's a comparison:

F21 xx SL(mb), F3, 12, 12, 123 xx FoF - 528 dmg
F21 xx SP(mb), F3, 12, 12, 123 xx FoF - 480 dmg

This is a massive difference of 40 damage while basically doing the same exact combo. Hell you can even do a bigger combo and it STILL deals LESS damage:

F21 xx SP(mb), F3, 12, 12, 12, 112 xx FoF - 502 dmg

I don't mean to over exaggerate but this could be a breakthrough in dealing damage with flash.

Feel free to comment and discuss.

NOTE: Tag any flash players you know - I didn't play Injustice 1 so I sadly do not know the scene.

@Zyphox @HoneyBee

Last edited:

omooba

fear the moobs
didn't know using 1,2 instead of 1,1, was a thing. didn't know you could combo off running man stance either. do you know what the cancels are on block?

Saltea Mike

ROG Mike
didn't know using 1,2 instead of 1,1, was a thing. didn't know you could combo off running man stance either. do you know what the cancels are on block?
I haven't tested the on-block advantages but most of them seem neutral or minimal on plus.

NOS4A2

Noob
(starter) xx RMS-LC, D1D2, 12, 12, 123 xx FoF

If you are struggling to juggle with 3x12's you can just do the following (however you lose a big amount of damage):

(starter) xx RMS-LC, D1D2, 12, 123 xx FoF

If you're also dropping D1D2 part heavily - you can instead spend one bar and do the following (however I think there are better combos for 1 bar):

(starter) xx RMS-LC, D1 xx SL(mb), F3, 12, 123 xx FoF
Landing a lone D2 in place of the D1D2 is way easier for my poor execution.

Actually I highly recommend the D2 as it gives you an extra frame to land it. In addition, the damage difference is negligible if you D2, F3, 12, 123, Fists. I think you give up 20-30 damage against most of the cast for having a way more consistent combo. You also get a F3 which opens up a lot of other set up options.

Oh yeah, on B22 they did change it so it is tighter and a lot harder to hit confirm. But you do have enough time to hitconfirm if you practice against random block.

Your input should looks like this to get the confirm easier.
B22 RMS B [then F1 on hit] or [B to cancel for plus frames on block.]

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Hey @ROG Mike this is awesome! Gonna practice these tonight.

I'm reading this at work so I can't test. Which place does 123 belong, since you have it in hit confirm and no hit confirm?

Saltea Mike

ROG Mike
Hey @ROG Mike this is awesome! Gonna practice these tonight.

I'm reading this at work so I can't test. Which place does 123 belong, since you have it in hit confirm and no hit confirm?
Thank you, I appreciate the kind words.
That is my mistake. I believe you can't confirm off of 123 but I'll make sure today after work and make sure it's not in both sections - thank you for noticing that.

Actually I highly recommend the D2 as it gives you an extra frame to land it. In addition, the damage difference is negligible if you D2, F3, 12, 123, Fists. I think you give up 20-30 damage against most of the cast for having a way more consistent combo. You also get a F3 which opens up a lot of other set up options.
I mean overall what I wanted for flash players to take notice of is juggling with 12 instead of 11. If you prefer a d2 in a combo - go for it of course. The d1d2 was just an example.

Oh yeah, on B22 they did change it so it is tighter and a lot harder to hit confirm. But you do have enough time to hitconfirm if you practice against random block.

Your input should looks like this to get the confirm easier.
B22 RMS B [then F1 on hit] or [B to cancel for plus frames on block.]
Well yeah.
Just informing that it is possible to link that.