What's new

Strategy Optimising Nightwing's combos + More

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
So this thread is basically going to be me ranting about some things that I see Nightwing players do a lot (or don't do enough), starting off with this:
The optimised combo is infinitely better, resulting in more damage + a HKD. If you can't do this, at least dash up and do 1 xx FG for 3% more damage.

Oh the classic B3 ~ Flying Grayson... Stahp. The optimised version is really easy and nets you more damage + another HKD.

Nightwing's damage when using BGBs is insane guise - 45% 0 bars, 47% 1 bar, 52% 2 bars - and they're all practical. Also, I hardly ever see people use standing 1 xx BGB after EF so I thought I'd drop that in there.

If you land a B2 one dash beyond the centre of the stage then, provided you have 1 bar, you can drop them in the corner with a 113 HKD for 32%.

Other Stuff
Please please please hit-confirm F213 into EF, 1F1 into EF, and 33 into EF or SS. If I had a dollar for the amount of times I've seen players dial in F213 xx 4 xx MB SS or 33 xx MB GP/MB FK, I'd be on a plane to Evo.

Delay that MB'd wingding!
If you hold MB Wingding it literally becomes a 50/50. "Do I punish or is he going to throw the bomb at me?" In holding it, it allows you to get away with regular, unsafe wingdings.

Jump jump jump!
Every jump is a 50/50, just like Batgirl and Martian. "Do I Anti-Air and get wingding'd? Or shall I just sit here and let Dick get freaky all over my body?" Not to mention there's not as much risk as Martian/Batgirl because wingdings can be made safe through the use of the above point.

Flying Dick.
Flying Grayson is a great move and a constant threat, but it's also unsafe on whiff and generally negative on block. If done from max range or in a setup it's roughly +1, so more often than not, you can't mash D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 after it (Well you shouldn't be able to but hey, online rules).

So... Yeah. Rant over :rolleyes:

EDIT - Updated with the correct video.

Last edited:

macro

Eezeepeezee
All i have to say is i hope we are playing the same character in mkx so we can break him down to.
Great stuff man!

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
"Delay that MB'd wingding!
If you hold MB Wingding it literally becomes a 50/50. "Do I punish or is he going to throw the bomb at me?" In holding it, it allows you to get away with regular, unsafe wingdings."

I that how i beat king and kdz? man I took so much shit for it too!

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
"Delay that MB'd wingding!
If you hold MB Wingding it literally becomes a 50/50. "Do I punish or is he going to throw the bomb at me?" In holding it, it allows you to get away with regular, unsafe wingdings."

I that how i beat king and kdz? man I took so much shit for it too!
It's because it's such an advanced strategy that it took us time to understand and get on your level... Good shit Fly

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
You can punish delayed mb wing ding from very close with most characters, you just have to actually block it, which lots of players don't still.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Gah gotta sleep now. I'll watch this stuff tomorrow.

But I am pretty sure I can already say "Good shit, Heroes" without even reading the OP :p

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Also, those wall bounce combos are pretty awesome looking.

I wish NW could do more with wall bounces. He gets punished pretty heavily with scaling :(