What's new

Guide - Hellfire Optimal Punishes Guide

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
So I basically compiled all of Hellfire's practial & optimal punishes (if you can get higher than feel free to post) off of standing 1, standing 2, and F3. I try to end most combos with DB3 for the pressure, or EX Hellfire for max damage.

EDIT- F3 xx BF1 JP2 F4 xx DB4 123 FBC 214 xx DB3 4 BF4/D2 EX DB2 do more damage than the ones shown in the video - 33%/40%.

@Slips
@Scoot Magee
@JTB123
@MITDJT
@Vagrant
@Eddy Wang
@STRYKIE
@Shadow985
@Every Hellfire player

Last edited:

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
I noticed your post-flame aura ender is 21 xx db3. Standing 4 does more damage by a little bit, and also seems to be easier to do for some reason.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
With all the hellfire tech and information. Why isnt there all one thread for it.?

Ok um...
123~TP, Run, 123~Spear, fj2, f4~FA, 21~FBC, 4~TP 36%
214~TP, 214~exTP, Run, 21~Spear, fj2, f4~FA, 21~FBC, 4~TP 41%
3~FBC, 123~TP, Run, 123~Spear, fj2, f4~FA, 4~TP 37%
21~FA, 123~TP, Run, 123~Spear, fj2, 3~FBC, 4~TP 36% if you want your FA to be available again right after the combo ends
f3~FBC, f3~Spear, fj2, 123~TP, Run, 2~FA, 4~TP 28%
21~FA, 214~TP, 214~exTP, Run, 21~Spear, fj2, f4~FA, 21~FBC, 4~TP 44%
Or 21~FBC, 21~FA, 214~TP, 214~exTP, Run, 21~Spear, fj2, f4~FA, 4~TP 41% for distance (also preserves stamina so you can do the low~FBC followup to make it safe without meter)

EDIT: Actually if you're a maniac you can do 123~TP, Run, 123~Spear, fj2, f4~FA, 3~FBC, 4~TP instead which might be 37%? I can't check right now. Also my execution isn't that strong.

Last edited:
We had the same idea about doing 123 FBC to combo. I had a feeling we could squeeze out some extra damage with it, but I couldn't figure out what. Good shit dude.

I'm stealing that 214 FBC 214 corner starter tho.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
You can also do 214 flame aura in the corner, and even it even works late enough in a combo that I could do it twice.

Example combo; 214 xx db4, 214 xx db3, 214 xx EX db3, run 21 xx bf1, 21 xx FBC 214 db4, 214 EX bf1, fj2, 4 xx db3.

Holy shit, what about 214 FBC 214 flame aura 214 teleport 214 EX teleport ect ect... I'll have to test that later. MAXIMUM 214!

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
yeah, that's what I had in mind. On a side note, after couple hours of gameplay and testing hellfire seems way more technical and overall complete variation Above all. Looking forward to further progress.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Brilliant combos, been an inferno player from day 1, but seeing these combos is making learn some Hellfire. I'll skip the 123 FBC 214 combo for now, tried it for 10 mins & my fingers started crying as its lightening quick.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Brilliant combos, been an inferno player from day 1, but seeing these combos is making learn some Hellfire. I'll skip the 123 FBC 214 combo for now, tried it for 10 mins & my fingers started crying as its lightening quick.
It's not really the most worthwhile string anyway. fBC scales combos even though it doesn't do any hits, and 123 is super unreliable and doesn't really have anything over 114, and unless you need that 9 frame startup you should just use 214.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
It's not really the most worthwhile string anyway. fBC scales combos even though it doesn't do any hits, and 123 is super unreliable and doesn't really have anything over 114, and unless you need that 9 frame startup you should just use 214.
I'm gonna have to train a bit & learn to open up opponents with Hellfire, I feel naked without my demons.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
I'm gonna have to train a bit & learn to open up opponents with Hellfire, I feel naked without my demons.
Even though you don't have the full screen low/overhead mixup, it's kind of the same thing. You use the unblockable as soon as you think they are going to turtle, and that will pressure them and hopefully force them to move around. If you see them jump, you can teleport and immediately do 214. If it hits them out the air, you will get a combo. If it hits them standing, you will either go into your blockstring or they will fail to block and you can hit confirm a combo.

Baiting them to jump in also sets them up for an anti-air flame aura, and when flame aura catches them out of the air it is much easier to get a combo.

I was inferno too, until I discovered all the things you can do with the FBC. Like, for example, hit confirm a b3 combo.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Can't seem to connect the FA after to run 21 at all. Any tips?
The um what?

If you mean getting 21 after FA, it just requires practice. The window for links is actually a bit lenient (4 frames I think) so as long as you memorize the timing you should be very consistent, even online.

Some tips I guess would be to learn exactly when scorpion ends his FA. It's exactly at the moment when his lower arm moves away from his chest. Hold down during the animation, and the learn the delay between the hit, and when you see him crouch. If you are still struggling, try linking a d1 first, then try linking d3, then d4, then standing 1, then standing 2, then b1, and finally f3.

It's easier than it seems at first I promise.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Against standing opponents or in a juggle?

Nothing combos after standing tele, but it can frametrap.

You can restand the opponent after 214 teleport with FA, but the timing is so tight that it might be a 1 frame link.

For EX teleport, you can FA restand no matter how big the combo is. Immediately run after EX tele, and do FA as soon as the opponent begins to drop down out of the air. The only consistent followup from this is f3 spear due to distance.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Finding the execution very tough, 214 FA into 214 won't even connect for me regularly, I get it 1\5. I have to use 11 spear instead of the 2nd 214.

Its Guide - Ninjitsu?

So I basically compiled all of Hellfire's practial & optimal punishes (if you can get higher than feel free to post) off of standing 1, standing 2, and F3. I try to end most combos with DB3 for the pressure, or EX Hellfire for max damage.

EDIT- F3 xx BF1 JP2 F4 xx DB4 123 FBC 214 xx DB3 4 BF4/D2 EX DB2 do more damage than the ones shown in the video - 33%/40%.

@Slips
@Scoot Magee
@JTB123
@MITDJT
@Vagrant
@Eddy Wang
@STRYKIE
@Shadow985
@Every Hellfire player