What's new

Optimal playstyle range

colby

Noob
So I really like playing characters with long range normals like axl low, so I've gravitated towards playing skarlet first.

However I also dont want to be playing an exclusively keep away character focusing on projectiles to attack and only using normals to knock opponent back. I notice that a lot of her strings do this, but also notice she has meterless combos both mid screen and in the corner.

So I'm curious: in practice is she more of a midrange character who wants to use her reach to punish characters and combo them and just uses projectiles to encourage players not to back up but instead come to her? Or is the optimal and intended way to play to make an obstical course of projectiles and only use her normals to knock people back who get in to rinse and repeat?

So I really like playing characters with long range normals like axl low, so I've gravitated towards playing skarlet first.

However I also dont want to be playing an exclusively keep away character focusing on projectiles to attack and only using normals to knock opponent back. I notice that a lot of her strings do this, but also notice she has meterless combos both mid screen and in the corner.

So I'm curious: in practice is she more of a midrange character who wants to use her reach to punish characters and combo them and just uses projectiles to encourage players not to back up but instead come to her? Or is the optimal and intended way to play to make an obstical course of projectiles and only use her normals to knock people back who get in to rinse and repeat?
I think both is viable and my playstyle is the neutral over projectile but I found myself always zoning until the opponent arrives lol.
After a successful tounge ender on full screen who would not start dropping the projectiles. If it works and the opponent knocked back again... what can we do lol.
If you do not do it you do not use the opportunity.
Good opponent will force neutral play anyway and not stuck on full screen.

Siphon ender and slow blood ball ender can give the opportunity to pressure though. And instead of throwing projectiles you can walk down the opponent to the wall and kill.

Both strategies are cruel lol.