What's new

Question - Hunter Optimal combo after trap

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
I use the above.. The string of my choice is 3,2. But often times instead of using bf4 as my ender, I'll use bf2 and apply more pressure (you can beat a lot of characters armored wake ups this way, but not all) , or throw out another trap. All depends on what my opponents wake up options are and if I know any of their tendencies.

Etoroguy

Why isn't Jax's Farm a playable stage?
What I do is. bf2, f4, 4~bf4 You get 32% meterless off of a raw trap but I think you can do b322~bf4 after f4 for 33% but it is harder to hit online so I don't use it.

huh

Noob
What I do is. bf2, f4, 4~bf4 You get 32% meterless off of a raw trap but I think you can do b322~bf4 after f4 for 33% but it is harder to hit online so I don't use it.
Also you can do 32~bf4 at the end for 33% and it is doable. Just slightly walk forward after f4 to adjust distance.

Or, for max damage: trap, bf2, f4, run~112~bf4 (35%)

Last edited:

Etoroguy

Yeah you can also do 122~bf4. I just found it out a few minutes ago. It does 35% but is really hard. That is probably optimal meterless after trap.

Etoroguy

Whoops I didn't see you already posted the max damage my bad. How bad is the gravity scaling after 32~bf2 because I find 4~bf4 scales less if you do the ex version and also there is less gravity. Could just be me though.
Ex.
32~db4(ex)b, bf2, f4, 4~bf4(ex), 4~bf4. It does 48%? 2 bars however the last hit drops if you do b311 instead of 4 after f4. What's the max damage after snare for 1 bar extra? Also this might not be the correct damage, I just started learning predator yesterday so I'm getting my combos confused

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Whoops I didn't see you already posted the max damage my bad. How bad is the gravity scaling after 32~bf2 because I find 4~bf4 scales less if you do the ex version and also there is less gravity. Could just be me though.
Ex.
32~db4(ex)b, bf2, f4, 4~bf4(ex), 4~bf4. It does 48%? 2 bars however the last hit drops if you do b311 instead of 4 after f4. What's the max damage after snare for 1 bar extra? Also this might not be the correct damage, I just started learning predator yesterday so I'm getting my combos confused
For the combo you listed, if you're going to spend two bars off a string, do something like whatever into ex bf4, 4~ex bf2, rc~ b2~db4, rc~b22~bf4b, run up bf2,4~bf4. That'll net you over 50, varying depending on your starter.

Etoroguy

I am familiar with that combo but it is very hard to do online. Also you can do my combo off of a random trap for some really good one bar damage. I just used that combo as an example because I had somewhat of an idea of how much damage it does and that combo goes overhead to low and is safe on block. Here's the combo off of a trap.
Trap, bf2, f4, 4~bf4(ex), 4~bf4
If you have any tips on how to hit your combo more often let me know

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I am familiar with that combo but it is very hard to do online. Also you can do my combo off of a random trap for some really good one bar damage. I just used that combo as an example because I had somewhat of an idea of how much damage it does and that combo goes overhead to low and is safe on block. Here's the combo off of a trap.
Trap, bf2, f4, 4~bf4(ex), 4~bf4
If you have any tips on how to hit your combo more often let me know
Okay yeah just letting you know just in case. That's what use off a random trap as well. For my combo, you just have to practice it and avoid shitty connections. I still drop it a lot online but I have it consistent offline for sure.